• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What is the point anymore, if this summer isn't trying to tell me to quit I don't know what else I'm supposed to take from every thing that keeps happening every single day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo fans are weird. I remember a recent Animal Crossing thread about Isabelle, mayor's assistant, quickly devolved into weird photos. Mod locked it with a simple "NO." That pretty much sums up the response the crazy element of the community deserves.

Edit: I thankfully didn't see it until it was edited out, but I heard the Splatoon stuff was basically a few people posting sick sexualized stuff. Splatoon characters are very young girls. :|

yfc3s.png

I died at this dude who was defending that crazy MMA dude when it was revealed that he thought he was Lara Croft in training.

jbdz6Sfztz49t.jpg

Village

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't posting up screen shots from the damn chapters. The thread is instant job killer if you get caught looking at it at work on the wrong day, which is any day One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach don't have a new chapter out.

When it gets too weird peeps get banned, I have seen some shit in that thread. There are some weird mangas

Smash OT is WEIRD. People arguing over the color of Nintendo girl panties. :|

It wasn't an argument,but that was weird.

Though there is a mod in there now, so the weirdness has died down a bit.

Every time I peek in there, there's some questionable fan art being posted.

I have the thread subscribed and I check the thread once or twice a day.

Just checked.
EVERY TIME

Zero Suit ganon is life.

Mortemis

Banned
I had to let the thread breathe for a few days when Lucina got announced. People were excited.

Never got all that excitement about Lucina, her character wasnt all that memorable in FE:A. I guess I'm one of the weirdos that didn't play FE:A for waifus.

Captain Falcon coming back was hype though. Was waiting on that.

ReiGun

Amazing that I have no problems with anyone at my job but the only other black dude in my section of the store. Ended up working an extra hour cause this fuck boy wanna cop an attitude over nothing. We is our own worst en....No actually we not. I love my people. I love everyone. I just don't like this one particular nigga.

good shit

Thanks man. 20 a day is crazy, but I guess I gotta be willing to put in the work. Will do for a while and report back.

Smash OT is WEIRD. People arguing over the color of Nintendo girl panties. :|

The Smash OT, like most Nintendo threads, is fine 90% of the time. But then you catch them on that other 10% and it's like "I can't X this tab fast enough."

Village

Never got all that excitement about Lucina, her character wasnt all that memorable in FE:A. I guess I'm one of the weirdos that didn't play FE:A for waifus.

Something I posted before talking shit about anna, the bolded is why I think a lot of people like lucina

Why the fuck did it take you , me , robin, whatever, to smooth talk you to get that notion through your skull.

You are involved with a mercenary army thing, You could get shot in the fucking face. Tomorrow , she could wake up and the Mongols could be stabbing her right in her face. You got peeps from all backgrounds in your crew, and all the other options prove this point specifically. if she is so down to earth, and reasonable, why the fuck hasn't she come to this conclusion earlier? Why did it take me, robin, player character trying getting in her armor for her to get this. Trunks, came though the time warp, from a nothing future with doc brown and the dolorean to punch a dragon in the dick, just so her future could not suck shit. And you talkin bout money?
Doc like " did you punch it in the dick hard enough marty, we gotta make sure we change the destiny of the future " And Lucinatrunks is like " i am literally punching this over grown lizard in the dick as hard as I can "

But she is like "money doe".

Also You talk about S rank to get her to learn, If you never S rank her.
She NEVER comes upon this conclusion, ever. She is just a shit, and that's it.

She came though off some Back to the future shit, on the sole purpose of punching a dragon in dick until the future is brighter.

what's the chances this halo hail marry from MS actually does anything to progress the fanbase? or is it on borrowed time at this point because 343 is running the ship and will still fuck up

I haven't been keeping up. What's this Halo hail marry?

Honestly the only way to save Halo is to go back to its fundamentals.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When it gets too weird peeps get banned, I have seen some shit in that thread. There are some weird mangas

It wasn't an argument,but that was weird.

Though there is a mod in there now, so the weirdness has died down a bit.

Zero Suit ganon is life.

I remember when they had Brawl topics there was some dude who was like WELL PRINCESS PEACH'S PANTIES ARE NOT WHITE THEY ARE CREAM. HOWEVER YOU CAN TELL BY THE SHADE OF ROSE ON HER SOCKS THAT IT WILL BE PATTERNED. I WILL NEED TO SEE IN PHOTO MODE TO MAKE SURE THEY USED THE RIGHT PANTIES FOR HER. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON DAISY AND HOW THEY'RE BREAKING -THAT- CANON IF THEY DON'T GIVE HER TRADITIONAL YELLOW PANTIES! etc etc. that hurt to type ;(

Gorillaz

I haven't been keeping up. What's this Halo hail marry?

Honestly the only way to save Halo is to go back to its fundamentals.

I mean the MCC coming out in a few months. You guys think it will bring back the community and hype for the series again or will it just be "well, at least we got the good ol days" type of thing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well.

I guess Sonic fandom can't take all the blame now.

They're peas in a pod. They both have weirdasses playing fun games and say to themselves "I want to fuck and marry these things" and it goes from there.

Order

I remember when they had Brawl topics there was some dude who was like WELL PRINCESS PEACH'S PANTIES ARE NOT WHITE THEY ARE CREAM. HOWEVER YOU CAN TELL BY THE SHADE OF ROSE ON HER SOCKS THAT IT WILL BE PATTERNED. I WILL NEED TO SEE IN PHOTO MODE TO MAKE SURE THEY USED THE RIGHT PANTIES FOR HER. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON DAISY AND HOW THEY'RE BREAKING -THAT- CANON IF THEY DON'T GIVE HER TRADITIONAL YELLOW PANTIES! etc etc. that hurt to type ;(
oh lord

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

da fuq?

Village

I wasn't hip to neogaf when brawl was happening

But it did just get abit weird

Like just as you spoke

I mean the MCC coming out in a few months. You guys think it will bring back the community and hype for the series again or will it just be "well, at least we got the good ol days" type of thing

I just see it as a cash grab honestly. I doubt Halo 2 will be properly patched up and I don't want to play the old multiplayer with diminished populations, numbers will be spread even thinner.

I would like a Halo 5 that's just back to basics.

Mortemis

Banned
^Yo wtf at that first pic. No, more like wtf at all of those pics.

So that is smash gaf when nothing's happening.

Something I posted before talking shit about anna, the bolded is why I think a lot of people like lucina

She came though off some Back to the future shit, on the sole purpose of punching a dragon in dick until the future is brighter.

That makes sense a bit, just can't get hyped for a Marth like fighter, so many sword users.

Jado

Banned
TBH, I think Nintendo fucked up with all those Fire Emblem characters. No one outside of N fans knows or cares who they are. I personally havent played any of the games so it's a whole lot of WHO? for me when they got revealed. Just pandering to the insular hardcore segment. I hope they're not done with adding to the roster. Koopa Troopa and (Capt) Toad should be DLC.

Village

^Yo wtf at that first pic. No, more like wtf at all of those pics.

So that is smash gaf when nothing's happening.

That makes sense a bit, just can't get hyped for a Marth like fighter, so many sword users.

In comparison to peeps To use their fist I dunno.

As far as the pics go

Thats weekend smashgaf, it bleed into monday.

royalan

TBH, I think Nintendo fucked up with all those Fire Emblem characters. No one outside of N fans knows or cares who they are. I personally havent played any of the games so it's a whole lot of WHO? for me when they got revealed. Just pandering to the insular hardcore segment. I hope they're not done with adding to the roster. Koopa Troopa and (Capt) Toad should be DLC.

...but isn't that all Smash is tho?

Crocodile

Last time I posted in that topic none of those pictures were posted. Checking the thread for a bit that definitely went on longer than needed but can someone explain to me why I should be upset or offended rather than mostly laughing my ass off at stupid shit?

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

I'm pretty sure the most recent game in the series is the best selling one ever. If basically saved the series from being shelved. I haven't played the game myself but I this post def sounds like "I don't like them so nobody else should" type post :p

Mortemis

Banned
They're peas in a pod. They both have weirdasses playing fun games and say to themselves "I want to fuck and marry these things" and it goes from there.

I'll never forget the dude who came into a hyrule warriors thread saying he wants to fuck Midna and was looking for others who felt the same way. Haven't stepped into a hyrule warriors thread since.

In comparison to peeps To use their fist I dunno.

As far as the pics go

Thats weekend smashgaf, it bleed into monday.

From what I've seen of Lucina she basically looks like a female Marth alt tbh. I haven't seen anything from her since the reveal so idk but that's just what I got from it. And I get what you're saying about how there's tons of fist users too, I'm just surprised we keep getting more tbh.

ReiGun

Fire Emblem characters have been some of the most popular in Smash since Marth and Roy were in Melee. Marth is one of the most played characters in the series period among fans, and is probably more popular for being in Smash than his own series. Nintendo knew what they were doing, especially with the last FE being the most successful.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

IHNj8Jo.gif

AJ tho. Sweet Christmas...

Village

I'll never forget the dude who came into a hyrule warriors thread saying he wants to fuck Midna and was looking for others who felt the same way. Haven't stepped into a hyrule warriors thread since.

From what I've seen of Lucina she basically looks like a female Marth alt tbh. I haven't seen anything from her since the reveal so idk but that's just what I got from it. And I get what you're saying about how there's tons of fist users too, I'm just surprised we keep getting more tbh.

To mix it up a bit I guess.

I kind of wanted takamaru in so he could be a virgil, samurai kind of thing, but thats not happening, he is an assist trophy.

As far as the top part of your post goes, wat, when did this happen?

...but isn't that all Smash is tho?

Nah, people have "pandering" and "catering" confused. Smash was never about being hardcore or insular, but there definitely is a section of the fanbase that's both, and that Sakurai never really cared for. The character choices are apart from that though, and more recently Sakurai's come around to the competitive appeal of his baby.

More cynically, Smash is both a marketing vehicle for characters and franchises they want to push and a means of maintaining interest in other characters and franchises. It's a fun game with a deceptively simple premise and a relatively low bar of entry, with competitive elements, collecting elements, and appreciation elements (sound test, calendar, game demos, etc.). It's a good formula that Sony tried to duplicate and couldn't because they didn't have the characters or core of knowledge and lore, and MS didn't even attempt.

Young Magus

Being that there was a point where mods had to crackdown on wiifit girl fanart, I can believe that VKM is not far from the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom