• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like shit, I always hear about this but never seen it. These dudes will come at you anywhere, no one's safe. Anyone here ever have someone try to lure you into a pyramid scheme?

Man, that stuff is always funny to me after the fact. It pisses me off as it's happening though. I'm always sitting there thinking, "Damn, how'd I let this guy trap me down with this Melaleuca bullshit".

Okay, story time. Literally happened like 10 minutes ago. So I'm chilling in my school's cafeteria waiting for an appointment I have. While sitting, some dude comes an strikes up a convo, nothing new. Convo was going okay, he was just asking about if we had a culinary program which I told him I don't know but I doubt. Then the convo took a quick turn. He asks me where I'm from as in where my family is, I tell him and he just goes off about how many of my people he works with. He then starts yapping about how its an online business venture he's doing with others, all about networking, and how they are currently "expanding". At this point I'm sure as hell this dude is caught up in a pyramid scheme and is trying to lure me in. He starts asking about if I'm working, if I'm thinking about getting a job right now, if I think my current major can actually get me money, and I'm over here tryna dodge questions like I'm in the matrix. I tell him I'm good and I need to leave, he offers to give his number but I deny and walk away.

Like shit, I always hear about this but never seen it. These dudes will come at you anywhere, no one's safe. Anyone here ever have someone try to lure you into a pyramid scheme?

Well not necessarily a pyramid scheme but I had a drug lord try to recruit me before lol.

JohnDoe

Banned
S3LNyH4.jpg

LOL

Bu8nSEuCcAAwV_j.jpg

PROBLEM SOLVED EVERYBODY!

LOL SMH

Sometimes simple ignorance baffles me. It's like that of a child...but coming from the mouth of a grown-ass man.

If I were on Twitter (and I am not), I'd tweet him the following resource:

I'd recommend that any of you who can't quickly and categorically answer that question give the first 5 chapters of this book a read.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1452242593/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The only way you combat ignorance is with knowledge, brehs.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"I don't mean to be naive but..."

Just another example why saying "not to be BLANK...but...BLANK" is always exactly whatever you just tried to pre-qualify it as not being. I don't even know why people use that turn of phrase.

Question time: what superpowers would you want, BCT?

Gotta be ice powers or hydrokinesis here.

Reminds me of the South Park episode where they find out the cure to AIDS is injecting something like 200 grand into your bloodstream. One of the guys drives down to sub-Saharan Africa to break the news to the natives:

"Guys, they did it! They found the cure for AIDS! All you have to do is inject yourself with all of your money!"

cdyhybrid

I see my country of Ireland on the list

I was surprised to see an African country at the top of the beer list. Beer always seemed like a European thing to me, although I haven't done a ton of research into it so I'm pretty ignorant on the whole thing. Wikipedia says it used to be a German colony though, so maybe that's where it started?

I'd love to try some beer from Africa or South America.

Furyous

I'm scared to go on Facebook out of fear that I will spazz on more people, lose more church friends, and cause them to relocate out of fear of my supposed black anger. <--- This has happened multiple times in the past eight months.

Is it me or is it open season on us? Cops are shooting without warning. Stay safe everyone.

I've had altercations with cops to extremes like the time they drew guns on me on a frat house lawn. Cops are shooting first and citing "alleged black violent tendencies".

Malyse

Okay, story time. Literally happened like 10 minutes ago. So I'm chilling in my school's cafeteria waiting for an appointment I have. While sitting, some dude comes an strikes up a convo, nothing new. Convo was going okay, he was just asking about if we had a culinary program which I told him I don't know but I doubt. Then the convo took a quick turn. He asks me where I'm from as in where my family is, I tell him and he just goes off about how many of my people he works with. He then starts yapping about how its an online business venture he's doing with others, all about networking, and how they are currently "expanding". At this point I'm sure as hell this dude is caught up in a pyramid scheme and is trying to lure me in. He starts asking about if I'm working, if I'm thinking about getting a job right now, if I think my current major can actually get me money, and I'm over here tryna dodge questions like I'm in the matrix. I tell him I'm good and I need to leave, he offers to give his number but I deny and walk away.

I have
tried to lure people in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom