• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Right up there with "why get mad at the cops for killing blacks when they're killing each other."

Woke up to the news that two teenagers (13 and 17) got killed last night. One of them was shot right outside my aunt's house. I knew him too - he used to come play ball at the center I work at.

I get angry and sad at both. As a young black man, if it's not the police that kill you, it will be a community peer.

KumaJG

White girl at World Gym named Laquisha on some real shit...ass got a Nigga looking Slayvenous right now

Imm0rt4l help you a pro at this

This sound like a low budget black movie scenario. You could just flex on her like

rytHAMW.gif

Strip clubs can be fun but I have a feeling people elevate that shit to levels like once you step in there it's supposed to be a grown up chuck e cheese with tits or something.

Kreed

Deadspin covers why half of our police threads bother me.

This is what irritated me most about George Zimmerman defenders on GAF in the Trayvon case. Posters attempting to smear Trayvon's name, both with real and fake photos in order to make him look like someone who deserved to die/was dangerous. People were actually arguing that because Trayvon may have smoked weed, that he needed to be shot/posed a threat to Zimmerman. And what's worse is the television media is always the source of these photos/he deserved to die theories.

This is what irritated me most about George Zimmerman defenders on GAF in the Trayvon case. Posters attempting to smear Trayvon's name, both with real and fake photos in order to make him look like someone who deserved to die/was dangerous. People were actually arguing that because Trayvon may have smoked weed, that he needed to be shot/posed a threat to Zimmerman. And what's worse is the television media is always the source of these photos/he deserved to die theories.

That thread gave me more stress than I needed in my life.

I swear I cant stand to read any more devils advocate/thought exercise post anymore.

Whenever GAF tries to make me feel inferior for having a Business degree instead of the mythical CS degree, I just look at any thread on gaming side that deals with any business issues and have a good chuckle.

GSide is obviously more motivated by emotion than any sort of business logic, though.

Aside from the obvious racial and or gender issues at play its also straight laziness. Take the blame off society i.e. yourself, fixate on the victim and you are absolved of any responsibility. That is why people consistently dont get shit till it happens to them because "they did everything right."

Slayven

Whenever GAF tries to make me feel inferior for having a Business degree instead of the mythical CS degree, I just look at any thread on gaming side that deals with any business issues and have a good chuckle.

Yeah, companies like money. That is why I don't get mad at that shit.

RP912

Banned
Man video games are really real around these neck of the woods. Shit is like watergate levels with this tomb raider exclusive :/

Malyse

I've skimmed through part of the police threads. By which I mean I've checked maybe two pages in each. I can't be bothered. I know what the threads are like already, so.

I like them because its a honey trap for dumbasses that end up banned. Like that one police stan that, surprise surprise, works as a prison guard.

I miss CBOAT. Dudes used to flock to him like Zeus. Such words of wisdom that were spewed throughout gaf like the gospel.

He was posting just yesterday.

Its just about Tomb Raider anymore, its a more general level of fuckery. Dudes straight cockblocking games after they were announced multi-platform, shit is real out here.

Jado

Banned
PR making moves over the Tomb Raider deal? ahahahahaahha

PR as in he was a Microsoft PR person?

Its just about Tomb Raider anymore, its a more general level of fuckery. Dudes straight cockblocking games after they were announced multi-platform, shit is real out here.

Yeah, but raging about it on forums? Just move on and play something else... or get the console the game will be on if it bothers you so much (assuming one can afford it). People act so angry and entitled over video games -- with no regard to developer/publisher strategic business decisions.

Slayven

It is weird for a game like Tomb Raider, that must have been a big truck to offset PS4 sales. I mean 3rd parties are killing on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom