• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

I feel like one side wants a corporate zombie brand, and the other side wants to ditch the bus into the softest pile of sand and get off while they still can now that McGruder's gone. I'm guessing corporate is realizing they own something with no strings attached now, and people are trying to get out of purgatory before things turn into hell.
I can't get a read on them either. Because part of it feels like they do want their own thing but feels like legacy has been too "harsh" in the past and just kill it off. If they do push for a 5th season I wouldn't be surprised if all of the original VA's and producers jumped ship

I'm not going to lie, I liked most of the episode. But after the entire focus of the season on Granddad, it just falls flat and ends up being lame. The finale leaked (links in the show OT) and apparently is just trash...

RP912

Banned
I gave up on the struggle boondocks after the her parody. The series died with seasons 1 and 2.

No lie I seriously felt the comic strips were funnier than the actual show.

harSon

Banned
I knew I shouldn't have listened to y'all and bought a Vita. Who was I debating with that one time about the platforms current Indie focus, and why I thought it was ill advised? I think it was Bish and Dy. We're about to see what abandoning first party games and relying on indie output is going to do for the platform.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I knew I shouldn't have listened to y'all and bought a Vita. Who was I debating with that one time about the platforms current Indie focus, and why I thought it was ill advised? I think it was Bish and Dy. We're about to see what abandoning first party games and relying on indie output is going to do for the platform.

you late breh

when they lost transistor it was the bushes for the vita

Why has Africa consistently failed at World Cups?

I think the biggest problem – not the only problem – is that people from Africa are generally intuitive people while in Europe, you will find people are more rational. Rational people are thinkers who have more structure. African people – intuitive people – mostly live from situation to situation which means there will be less structure.

This is a problem with both the administration and team building process. When you’re intuitive it will be difficult to build a playing style which in turn, makes it tough to get your tactical structure right. This, I believe, is the main reason why Africa has never had the World Cup. The talent is certainly there
From here, I'm so tired of this kind of nonsense. Like out of the pages of a colonial textbook. All the code words are in full effect. Ughhhh

royalan

On one hand, I want to say that Robin Thicke is being a desperate chump here.

But, on the other hand, I think it's mad respectful that a man is willing to be a chump and publicly put himself out there like this to get his wife back. Robin is making it absolutely clear that a) he loves him some Paula; b) it was all his fault; c) and he ain't above making a fool out himself for her. Now that's a man.

Although, from what I hear, the rumors that their marriage was open WAS always true. Where Robin fucked up was getting a little too drunk on that "Blurred Lines" popularity and getting real sloppy with it. Paula may have been cool with an open relationship, but that probably didn't mean she wanted to see Robin getting photographed with his entire hand up a new groupie's ass every week, making her look stupid. Keep that shit on the low, bruh.

KumaJG

On one hand, I want to say that Robin Thicke is being a desperate chump here.

But, on the other hand, I think it's mad respectful that a man is willing to be a chump and publicly put himself out there like this to get his wife back. Robin is making it absolutely clear that a) he loves him some Paula; b) it was all his fault; c) and he ain't above making a fool out himself for her. Now that's a man.

Although, from what I hear, the rumors that their marriage was open WAS always true. Where Robin fucked up was getting a little too drunk on that "Blurred Lines" popularity and getting real sloppy with it. Paula may have been cool with an open relationship, but that probably didn't mean she wanted to see Robin getting photographed with his entire hand up a new groupie's ass every week, making her look stupid. Keep that shit on the low, bruh.

I am willing to bet a lot of women are fine with an open relationships as long they don't get embarrass. Well at least that what I learned from Patrice O'Neal thought me.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I am willing to bet a lot of women are fine with an open relationship as long they don't get embarrass. Well at least that what that what Patrice O'Neal thought me.

That's generally a rule of life.

A lot of people don't care as much about exclusivity (through a lot of types of personal/business relationships) as much as they'd like to believe once they feel all their requirements for such exclusivity are met.

No one likes to look like an idiot.

Gorillaz

I guess Ivory Coast is repping the whole continent this cup.

Cam fucking gave up. African teams looking larry holmes right now.

and they ALMOST got scored on again

edit: Cameroon players are head butting each other now. Jesus
untitled-5j2s4g.gif

Don't land on your heels while running. Land on the balls of your feet.

Treatment: rest, ice and nsaids (ibuprofen or Tylenol).

Wouldn't necessarily say all that. Depends on a lot of things that you can't judge off of from just that.

Rest first and foremost. Use a bike to replace that exercise for a while. Try the elliptical. Get a leg roller. Stretch better - actually look up stretching techniques instead of doing the same shit 5th graders do before recess. Naproxen/Aleve to relieve inflammation in general. Heating pads over ice imo.

He's in college too so he should be using this an excuse to get in good with the aspiring sports medicine womenzes.

Thanks, guys. To be more specific, though, this is generally from fencing.

If it makes any differences, the warm-ups I usually do include quad stretches, knees-to-chest, (non-fencing) lunges, high kicks and general stretching. But yeah - I've been icing it so far, so I guess we'll see how this goes.

harSon

Banned
From here, I'm so tired of this kind of nonsense. Like out of the pages of a colonial textbook. All the code words are in full effect. Ughhhh

One thing I've noticed is African teams always seem to have a European head coach. I don't know if it's the case or not, but maybe they're conforming to a style of play that's not a natural extension of their team?

One thing I've noticed is African teams always seem to have a European head coach. I don't know if it's the case or not, but maybe they're conforming to a style of play that's not a natural extension of their team?

Ghana and Nigeria have African coaches. Last 2 world cups when we moved out of the group stages, we had Serbian coaches. We being Ghana

Cam fucking gave up. African teams looking larry holmes right now.

and they ALMOST got scored on again

edit: Cameroon players are head butting each other now. Jesus
untitled-5j2s4g.gif

Its par for the course with Cameroon, too many egos and cliques have fucked that team up for a years.

Assou-ekotto (the player with the afro) is mental. He once gave an interview about how he doesn't like playing football, that its his job. After being sent on loan for being lazy during practice, he watched his teammates get humiliated and then posted smiley faces on twitter.

Village

Where are the studies and numbers? From what I seen the average guy gets maybe low mid 5 figures in views. How many of those brought the game. It MIGHT help for an indie, but COD, Mario, or other triple AAA shit? Nah

I think it might some cases actually. It raises awareness of the game, mario kart was a recent example of this. And Smash is going to do this too, it gets people interested , maybe eventually they buy the game.

I don't even know how you measure that

I think it might some cases actually. It raises awareness of the game, mario kart was a recent example of this. And Smash is going to do this too, it gets people interested , maybe eventually they buy the game.

I don't even know how you measure that

Mario Kart was gonna sell with or without Youtube though.

Village

Mario Kart was gonna sell with or without Youtube though.
I'm not saying its not.

However I'm sure there were plenty of people who had no idea, what the fuck a wii u was. And along with that peopl who might have been out of the nintendo game for a bit they see this funny luigi and good graphics, maybe they see whats up, I dunno.

I'm not saying Max, Mat and Patt, the Grumps or whoever is selling tripple A games by themselves.

I am saying they might be helping to sell a few more. I dunno.

Slayven

I'm not saying its not.

However I'm sure there were plenty of people who had no idea, what the fuck a wii u was. And along with that peopl who might have been out of the nintendo game for a bit they see this funny luigi and good graphics, maybe they see whats up, I dunno.

I'm not saying Max, Mat and Patt, the Grumps or whoever is selling tripple A games by themselves.

I am saying they might be helping to sell a few more. I dunno.
Folks that just curse and talk awkwardly into a mic are going to fix what Nintendo can't?

J10

Banned
At the level of Mario Kart I have to imagine the difference is negligible. For something like Transistor though I could see it making a lot of difference.

KumaJG

Developers should get a cut if all you doing is a full walkthrough of their game. I'll be honest, I watched walkthrough videos on Youtube of games I not going to buy. Most recent one was Watch Dogs (sorry Esco!).

Village

Developers should get a cut if all you doing is a full walkthrough of their game. I'll be honest, I watched walkthrough videos on Youtube of games I not going to buy. Most recent one was Watch Dogs (sorry Esco!).

I agree with this.

Also thanks for the laptop help

Order

I've been playing FFXIII and it's not as bad as GAF makes it. The characters are really bad, but the gameplay and music are good.

Village

I've been playing FFXIII and it's not as bad as GAF makes it. The characters are really bad, but the gameplay and music are good.

I do not think the characters are bad, I think lighting and Hope are bad. Everyone else I wouldn't mind actually hanging out with in a video game.

RedSwirl

Do people like IGN or GameSpot have to pay publishers when they do video walkthroughs of their games?

Order

I do not think the characters are bad, I think lighting and Hope are bad. Everyone else I wouldn't mind actually hanging out with in a video game.
Sazh seems like the only good one to me so far. It's surprising because I expected him to be the worst.

So this cat has been getting essentially free water for the last five years, so the water company that shit out finally and hit this cat with all 5 years in one bill. They claim he used 93500 gallons of water. Just damn. The dude has been paying 10 dollars a month for the last 5.

Edit: Sazh was the best character in the game. The music was solid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom