• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
If I'm browsing through the internet, I'm entitled to a celeb's titties every once in a while
chansub-global-emoticon-696192d9891880af-23x30.png

Entitled is not the word you're looking for.

hypernima

Banned
huh that's weird....

You got your internet back for sf? I haven't played in several weeks.

Nah, I'm pretty much homeless dude. I'm allowed to stay at this one place for a month while I find a job and a place to live. Times ticking though so I reallyhope these jobs call back. When I get situated (I estimate late Sept, early October) we can play. Presuming things go well for me.

Samara

Guys i need your help, can you recommend me an african american woman cosplay outfit? Prefably with an afro....no not afro samurai. Or Ill just go as zoe saldana star trek, were the same color anyway

akira28

no Foxy Cleopatra?

I would say Promethea because she needs to get out there more, but you said afro, plus you'd spend all night answering "Who!?"

Samara

I really like the Promethea headgear, I think Ill go with this if possible, but like the rambeau/iron fist woman, the outfits.....are just too damn tight. I ll let Satch wear'em

Can never go wrong with Shinobu or Misty Knight.

Speaking of Shinobu, anyone remember that thread from like 2011 in which people argued for pages that Shinobu wasn't black, then someone linked an interview with Sudo and he was flat out says she's black and people on GAF STILL argued. Most people arguing that black people don't naturally have white hair at her age so she can't be black...fun times.

Matter of fact all of Gaming side's black female character threads are hilarious.

Order

Speaking of Shinobu, anyone remember that thread from like 2011 in which people argued for pages that Shinobu wasn't black, then someone linked an interview with Sudo and he was flat out says she's black and people on GAF STILL argued. Most people arguing that black people don't naturally have white hair at her age so she can't be black...fun times.

Matter of fact all of Gaming side's black female character threads are hilarious.

The most recent one I remember was about Clementine from The Walking Dead

JohnDoe

Banned

They can't handle the fact they've jerked off to a video game character who's a black woman.

They can't handle the fact they've jerked off to a video game character who's a black woman.

The most logical answer to be honest.

Brie Larson

"Got balls of steel, got an automobile for a minimum wage.
Got real estate, I'm buyin all up in outer space
Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
You crack the whip shape shift and trick the past again
Send you my love, on a wire, lift you up every"

That's about all I know her from/of her (Scott Pilgrim vs The World)

J10

Banned
Guys i need your help, can you recommend me an african american woman cosplay outfit? Prefably with an afro....no not afro samurai. Or Ill just go as zoe saldana star trek, were the same color anyway

Mind if I ask why you're asking for recommendations? I thought the point of cosplay was to dress up as a character that you're personally invested in. What black fictional characters do you care about?

Mind if I ask why you're asking for recommendations? I thought the point of cosplay was to dress up as a character that you're personally invested in. What black fictional characters do you care about?

Pretty sure the point of cosplay is simply dressing up as a character you like or who's design you like. You're making it too deep....it's cosplay bruh.

Samara

I dont think that it does. That's like saying I can't wear a Ramones Tshirt if I dont know all their birthdates or something. I just like the design and dressing up. Its no biggie

Now I couldve gone for Michonne becaue I know a lot about her, but meh, I just dont know a lot if not any black comic characters. Tru reading some wonder woman I saw that she had a black sister
lol
nubia+14d3gjd.jpg

J10

Banned
Throwing on a Ramones t-shirt is not the same as spending 10/20/30 something hours designing a costume, let alone a costume based on a character you don't care about, but OK.

Slayven

Throwing on a Ramones t-shirt is not the same as spending 10/20/30 something hours designing a costume, let alone a costume based on a character you don't care about, but OK.

So you will dye your hair for your Jack Flag costume?

Or they're spending time designing a costume because they like the costume regardless of the character associated with it?…

J10

Banned
Or they're spending time designing a costume because they like the costume regardless of the character associated with it?…

Sure, they can be. People I know who are into it tend to be invested in the show/book/game or whatever and not just spending time dressing up as a random character merely because it looks cool. That's why I asked. Unless designing the costume is a work for hire they won't spend the time and money and effort.

ReiGun

. Tru reading some wonder woman I saw that she had a black sister
lol
nubia+14d3gjd.jpg
What's amazing is that Nubia is still around in some form while Diana's other sister still waitin' for DC's editors to call.

I don't know man, I just don't know. How can a show have so many climaxes, each new one 100x better then the last?
I love it. This is the first time since W that I've been anticipating a KR finale.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Slay, Par...that Gaim episode.

Tell me everything's gonna be okay, brehs.

Dont say anything rei, i havent seen it yet.

But given the previous episode.... i already know shits going down. Its a shame cats arent on this shit.

Sure, they can be. People I know who are into it tend to be invested in the show/book/game or whatever and not just spending time dressing up as a random character merely because it looks cool. That's why I asked. Unless designing the costume is a work for hire they won't spend the time and money and effort.

Plenty of cosplayers dress up as a character strictly because they like the costume.

-Nigri, she's even gone on record to state that if a costume looks great she'll go research the costume and go from there.
-Adella
-Lindze (didn't even play ME until after she finished her Miranda costume).

I mean these three spend major coin and/or hours on their costumes.

Slayven

Hook 'Em.

Seriously man, I was born in Austin. I live in DFW these days, but my folk are still down in Austin.
Back in my day they jsut called it Dallas.

What's amazing is that Nubia is still around in some form while Diana's other sister still waitin' for DC's editors to call.

I love it. This is the first time since W that I've been anticipating a KR finale.

I think Fourze's ending was good. WHen you can get the big bad to sit down and realize they really ain't shit, that is something. And Beast was the only real dude in the whole damn show and he saved the day.

ReiGun

Back in my day they jsut called it Dallas.

I think Fourze's ending was good. WHen you can get the big bad to sit down and realize they really ain't shit, that is something. And Beast was the only real dude in the whole damn show and he saved the day.

Fourze and OOO both lost me in the last third, but I admit they had good finales. I bailed on Wizard after seven episodes, so I don't even know there. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom