• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Silly conversation at work just now.

My boy George Washington Carver invented the peanut.

You know he invented peanut butter, right?

I always get that guy confused with Booker T Washington.

You be watching wresting like, Booker T, ain't that the dude that invented the peanut?

C2Xt4vy.png

Do Better

You be watching wresting like, Booker T, ain't that the dude that invented the peanut?

C2Xt4vy.png

You work on a Tyler Perry show?

Vince's ass-eating brigade building in strength after True Detective (NSFW)

Soon they'll have their own lobbyists, Senate reps, and GAF Defense Force. "BUT WE DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY! How clean was dat ass tho? Stop jumping to conclusions."

C2Xt4vy.png
Hahaha

Malyse

I am back on the tea tree bandwagon. Just got trimmed and feeling like a champ.

Who is all on twitter. Pm me so I can start following some of you cats.

106 & Park is ending in December.

Better get ya little rap careers started before then.

I was just thinking the same thing lol. PM me as well if you want a follow brehs

I am far too lazy to send a PM, but @popcsc is there if you're interested.

maxcriden

I don't know, it just reminded me of questions certain people ask that make no sense and only serve to highlight how stupid the person asking them is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake but who knows.

All those jump cuts imply otherwise.

Thanks guys. I can see its humor, of course, those two just (a) do not look like father and son to me, and (b) regardless it just felt pretty scripted.

What are you downloading DD? Shady stuff?

pls no throwing shade at MK8 DLC, he has every right to crush JC online like the rest of us try to

Silky

Banned
I think this is a good place to share this.

For the past month now I've been feeling that I'm not making any progress, and that kind of scares me. Aside from the usual no job woes (both those jobs I got called interviews for declined me.), the money issues with my stepdad being arrested, my sister essentially living with us rent free, coming in with hundreds of dollars and not assisting at all, there's just me...sitting here. It feels as if I'm not contributing enough that matters outside of 'pursuing my education.' (which I feel I'm doing for myself and not for my parents, why they believe that this is the only thing I should be worrying about.)

I know we're moving to a new place because this house of ours is kind of small, but I'm getting worried a bit. No work, no steady flow of money to pay for school (I'm a payment behind and it's worrying me to the point that I might have to get a student loan.) and my own personal desires, etc.

I know I'm young and I shouldn't be stressing myself like this, but the overall theme of living here has been much more of a drab than it has been when I was staying in Iowa.

Malyse

I think this is a good place to share this.

For the past month now I've been feeling that I'm not making any progress, and that kind of scares me. Aside from the usual no job woes (both those jobs I got called interviews for declined me.), the money issues with my stepdad being arrested, my sister essentially living with us rent free, coming in with hundreds of dollars and not assisting at all, there's just me...sitting here. It feels as if I'm not contributing enough that matters outside of 'pursuing my education.' (which I feel I'm doing for myself and not for my parents, why they believe that this is the only thing I should be worrying about.)

I know we're moving to a new place because this house of ours is kind of small, but I'm getting worried a bit. No work, no steady flow of money to pay for school (I'm a payment behind and it's worrying me to the point that I might have to get a student loan.) and my own personal desires, etc.

I know I'm young and I shouldn't be stressing myself like this, but the overall theme of living here has been much more of a drab than it has been when I was staying in Iowa.

Have you been applying to grants? I know the Pell Grant is like 5K and all you have to do is ask. Don't be afraid of the student aid office. You got more options than a loan.

G-Fex

I don't know why they didn't do mysterio.

I guess they wanted to get the whole universe set up thing instead.

Why doesn't the spider-man movies go all out? Fuck Raimi's influence, and regular comic convention of villain introduction.

Just put all or any villain, for no reason, just have the movie start off with him fighting mysterio or Shocker. Just because, no stupid long backstory. It's JUST a villain spider-man fights.

Silky

Banned
Have you been applying to grants? I know the Pell Grant is like 5K and all you have to do is ask. Don't be afraid of the student aid office. You got more options than a loan.

Already applied to it, and it doesn't cover the entirety of my tuition. I still have to pay around $300 every quarter.

People in that Halo MCC thread dun lost they minds

that's just gaming-side in a nutshell. always crying about stuff and trying to start lame movements

#stayvigilantagainstubisoft

#4thegamers

#weaintshit

etc. can't believe some people are considering skipping out on batman arkham knight because of equal visuals on xbox and ps4.

i just hope my 780 doesn't explode running that and witcher 3. i don't wanna upgrade until next fall.

those two games though in 2015 bruh. nothing else matters. even gfex pm'd me and said that although he hates batman this game's "got him hot" and he's hanging up nolan trilogy posters on his walls now.

strobogo

Banned
"Finale". I'll believe that when I see it. I bet there will be at least 3 more main line Arkham games, and likely a few hand helds.

"Finale". I'll believe that when I see it. I bet there will be at least 3 more main line Arkham games, and likely a few hand helds.

Well they did say "Rocksteady". They probably have whoever made that struggle ass Origins game keep doing Arkham titles, while Rocksteady works on the fabled Superman/Daredevil/Spider-Man/*insert comic fanboy wish fulfillment franchise here*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom