• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
Another Bill Cosby victim came out. It's like Tiger Woods mistresses but with rape victims.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/16/bill-cosby-rape-accuser_n_6168858.html

camby.png
Fuckouttahere, Bill...

Malyse

WHat phone are you using? It comes down to device and how the OEM loaded the OS on the system.

4 hours until GTA V unlocks. I'm talking cash shit online unhinged like a motherfucker. Does this game have custom soundtracks and include Cyndi Lauper. I'm headed to Grove Street with Frank bumping Cyndi all through the hood.
Tablet
I take it you have a Nexus? It looks good to me, but my Note 4 will have to wait a while for the upgrade.
Nexus 7

It's as unsettling as ios7 was.

G-Fex

I like how people in that cutscene thread in gaming side are calling people who skip cutscenes 'ADD gamers'

and death threats too.

totally appropriate right?

Mortemis

Banned
i'm not racist but i'm never letting another korean lady hold a pair of clippers around me ever again

Bruh. I'm not the only one. Not racist but never ever again.

Are tales games really any good? Never bothered since this one guy described it to me as "a poor man's Ys". Don't know if that's true tho.

Like what series can you compare the combat too.

Are tales games really any good? Never bothered since this one guy described it to me as "a poor man's Ys". Don't know if that's true tho.

Tales series combat tends to be pretty good if you like direct combat. Lots of combos, flashy attacks, chains, etc. If you like spells, it won't be for you. The story is always hit or miss, but is in general, as DY put it earlier:
they range from seinen to shonen stories with less power ups - everyone knows this.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

pick up vesperia -> its like... the go-to tales series for people just catching on.

Ys fans are downright vindictive and bitter when it comes to people not playing that #neverheardofit game. I do like the Ys franchise but again - you gotta be straight up when it comes to your faves flaws. They're very different.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Tales games have all been the same to me since Abyss.

I really like 2D Tales though. Legendia was one of my favorite PS2 games.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ys fans are downright vindictive and bitter when it comes to people not playing that #neverheardofit game. I do like the Ys franchise but again - you gotta be straight up when it comes to your faves flaws. They're very different.

Eh? Who?

Mortemis

Banned
Tales series combat tends to be pretty good if you like direct combat. Lots of combos, flashy attacks, chains, etc. If you like spells, it won't be for you. The story is always hit or miss, but is in general, as DY put it earlier:

Nah breh, you'll always catch me playing as a melee character in rpgs. Sounds fun, I'll try it out.

pick up vesperia -> its like... the go-to tales series for people just catching on.

Damn vesperia is only out on 360, haven't turned that on since I played GTA V last year.

I'm not really all that big of a ys fan. Loved oath a ton but got turned off from the series by 7. Kinda want 8 since its actually on a console I have but not really excited.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I like Ys because it's simpler. The old ones are pretty much more action oriented versions of 2D Zelda games with better bosses.

Tales games are like single player fighting games at times, and that's not really as much fun as it sounds like it should be for random encounters. They're pretty though.

Oh and the music is dope too

diehard ys fans are the spiritual successors of wild arms fans though.

OH THATS IT

Was thinking of PS1 games to replay. Wild Arms it is

or Brave Fencer Musashi

shit I'll just do both

Silky

Banned
One step forwards, two steps back in this house. Had to postpone my birthday plans to help with the situation regarding my stepdad.

Sigh.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So I want a solid RPG on PS3. I'm talking old school type. What's up with the atelier series?

Is Dark Cloud on psn?

Breath of Fire 4, Wild Arms 2 and Suikoden are on PS1 Classics

Got all sorts of SMT games on PS2 classics. Both Digital Devil Sagas and Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha's

on PS3 itself idk man. Nothing comes to mind besides Nippon Ichi stuff and I'm not sure that's your jam.(it's not mine)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I can't think of any solid rpgs off the head besides Valkyria chronicles...

I can think of a bunch, but they aren't really the old school type

Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, and all the Tales Games and Star Ocean 4 and the Final Fantasy 13's

Maybe you might like Eternal Sonata? Voice acting is the hella cringe tier tho

Preciate that quick response family.

And most old school RPGs I've played. I'm looking for something more last gen I might have missed.

And just saw that Black Dynamite episide. They went in on Bill Cosby. Like they got his ass.

RP912

Banned
I can think of a bunch, but they aren't really the old school type

Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, and all the Tales Games and Star Ocean 4 and the Final Fantasy 13's

Maybe you might like Eternal Sonata? Voice acting is the hella cringe tier tho

Yea my brother is a rpg nut. He forever trying to get me to play the tales of games. I just don't see the appeal in them. Now the star ocean games I was about to steal his collection since I always wanted to play that series. I need to check that series out.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking of pulling the trigger on vc but trying to save my funds. I need an rpg on my pc besides bethesda games.

Holiday sale just a month away. Horde everything until then like I am.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yea my brother is a rpg nut. He forever trying to get me to play the tales of games. I just don't see the appeal in them. Now the star ocean games I was about to steal his collection since I always wanted to play that series. I need to check that series out.

I've been trying to get back into them. I ignored the genre for the longest time until a couple weeks ago when a friend of mine finally convinced me to play earthbound

Shit was so relaxing lol.

Now I'm trying to go back and play all those old series I remember growing up. Like Wild Arms.

Wanna hit up the DS Dragon Quest games and start knocking them out in order from 4-9 but goddamn those 2nd hand market prices...

RP912

Banned
Holiday sale just a month away. Horde everything until then like I am.

sound like a plan.

I've been trying to get back into them. I ignored the genre for the longest time until a couple weeks ago when a friend of mine finally convinced me to play earthbound

Shit was so relaxing lol.

Now I'm trying to go back and play all those old series I remember growing up. Like Wild Arms.

Wanna hit up the DS Dragon Quest games and start knocking them out in order from 4-9 but goddamn those 2nd hand market prices...

Earthbound was and still is amazing. That game is so good I had the remixed soundtrack. The whole Mother series is worth checking out.

I'm going to start a rap career where I only come up with one line, the songs are 3 minutes long and the album is 10 tracks. I'll call myself Yuma.

MY one line:
I'm looking for a girl to turn my hand my hand into a runaway slave (3/5ths disappear)

Young Magus

unpossible

dude was literally ready to sacrifice the world in the name of the power of friendship

his party wanted to shoot him in the back and i hate them all for not following through with it lol

Pascal was dope as fuck. Backwards Artes. Fuck your rules.

Sophia and 2chainz2bladez4eyez were crazy fun to play with though.

The story and plot in Rebirth is driven by almost everyone being racist tho. Everyone...kinda

Slayven

I'm going to start a rap career where I only come up with one line, the songs are 3 minutes long and the album is 19 tracks. I'll call myself Yuma.

MY one line:
I'm looking for a girl to turn my hand my hand into a runaway slave (3/5ths disappear)

You can join JC and Jandro's squad. They are doing dirty south/horrorcore/country fusion.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Thinking of pulling the trigger on vc but trying to save my funds. I need an rpg on my pc besides bethesda games.

you stay the fuck off my land morgan

and tell that hippie deidre that i'll build a thermal borehole for every tree she hugs

why did beyond earth have to suck brehs? :(

RP912

Banned
you stay the fuck off my land morgan

and tell that hippie deidre that i'll build a thermal borehole for every tree she hugs

why did beyond earth have to suck brehs? :(

Morgan Enterprises refuses to comment on peasants :3

I'm getting used to beyond earth. I had a session a few days ago and didn't know if I won or lost 0_o. They seriously need to patch the hell out of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom