• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
I wanna do an eventual stream/review of FFXIV, but there are two obstacles.

1. I don't wanna repurchase the game for PC because I already have the PS3 version. Can't afford a capture card, though.

2. Square Enix banned my account for inactivity BECAUSE I DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY PURCHASE THE GAME AFTER THE FUCKING OPEN BETA. Which means I can't play it on my PS3 since the disc is now tied to my account until my account is in good standing. But, that requires me to go through Square's bullshit account restoration process. All because seemingly no one in Japan knows how to streamline and simplify anything involving the internet in 2014.

Do Better

Add it to the list of "things that are holding black people back™"

Music
No fathers
Boondocks / K&P
Still using the N word
Voting democratic
Dismissing the psychology of the KKK
Dehumanizing stare
Aggressive steps
Being too uppity
Race baiting

How could you forget "Other black people"?

Silky

Banned
Is it at a black college?
sass1.png

MIT

I just caught up on all the pages. Damn you motherfuckers all serious when it comes to rpgs. But I digress, level 5 made Rogue Galaxy. The game everyone thought that white knight chronicles is supposed to be. And dark cloud and dark cloud 2. So that nonsense that they haven't made good games come on now. Now they have made some overpoweringly smelly shit, but they tooted some classics as well.

Slayven

I just caught up on all the pages. Damn you motherfuckers all serious when it comes to rpgs. But I digress, level 5 made Rogue Galaxy. The game everyone thought that white knight chronicles is supposed to be. And dark cloud and dark cloud 2. So that nonsense that they haven't made good games come on now. Now they have made some overpoweringly smelly shit, but they tooted some classics as well.

Rogue Galaxy deserved better. First shit was beautiful, second it was fun and had a lot of interesting systems. Second that was the only time Amazon fucked me over on something.

Random rant. So I moved a few months ago, same zip code new place.

Cutting my hair isn't hard. I get the one guard all around and a shape up. It's the military cut, but so many people fuck it up. At the old place, there was a barber I found that was perfect. Nice Korean lady, great cut, in and out in 15 minutes.

So I moved and there's a new place around the corner, run by a black dude. Now I have nightmares about black barbers. The cuts are good and clean, but you throw away a good part of your day on nonsense. But it's right down the street, so I figure I'll try it.

I walk in, young guy offers to cut my hair. Fair enough. I figure since he's young it'll be quick. He even puts in headphones to listen to music; awesome, I don't have to make small talk. Things are looking up.

55 goddamn minutes later, I'm still in this chair. This kid is cutting my hair like it's his magnum opus. Brushing and shaving the same spots over and over again. The lining alone took 15 minutes. I almost grabbed the razor out of his hand.

Every damn time.

Rogue Galaxy deserved better. First shit was beautiful, second it was fun and had a lot of interesting systems. Second that was the only time Amazon fucked me over on something.

Rogue Galaxy was fucking fantastic. Good atmosphere, great characters, the idea behind a vast universe of some neat shit. Then the trailers for white knight came out and I'm like "oh shit a rogue galaxy sequel where a motherfucker can henshin into a knight". Then it came our and wanted to take a trip and commit an act of violence.

But rogue galaxy was so damn good. Along wit dark cloud 1 and 2. Closes I got to a next gen ActRaiser.

Cutting my hair isn't hard. I get the one guard all around and a shape up. It's the military cut, but so many people fuck it up. At the old place, there was a barber I found that was perfect. Nice Korean lady, great cut, in and out in 15 minutes.

So I moved and there's a new place around the corner, run by a black dude. Now I have nightmares about black barbers. The cuts are good and clean, but you throw away a good part of your day on nonsense. But it's right down the street, so I figure I'll try it.

I walk in, young guy offers to cut my hair. Fair enough. I figure since he's young it'll be quick. He even puts in headphones to listen to music; awesome, I don't have to make small talk. Things are looking up.

55 goddamn minutes later, I'm still in this chair. This kid is cutting my hair like it's his magnum opus. Brushing and shaving the same spots over and over again. The lining alone took 15 minutes. I almost grabbed the razor out of his hand.

Every damn time.

lmao.

Trey

Every damn time.

But is the line clean though? That's what's important.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
More Tales games are objectively bad than good.

The plot is hung up on being deconstruction of the latest FF, iirc

-----
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=139270624

i can see how that tag was earned.
Objectively bad how?

and the plot? they range from seinen to shonen stories with less power ups - everyone knows this. difference being that you'll usually laugh a lot more than playing your typical ff and you'll never find yourself wondering if the game is taking itself serious enough. you want to be entertained -> play a tales rpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why you gotta hate Williams? That kid is trying his best, maybe cutting hair is his way out. He's trying to make something of himself and you gotta stomp on his dreams because he's being thorough. Damn, support the youth.

Slayven

Every damn time.

Hahahaha did he edge you up using a laser and a protractor?

DY_nasty

I laughed at that one. Also surprised that nothing regarding white-women/dating is on that list.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Graces F's story did suck, but I wanna see the English patch for Rebirth get released because that is supposedly worse than Graces
unpossible

dude was literally ready to sacrifice the world in the name of the power of friendship

his party wanted to shoot him in the back and i hate them all for not following through with it lol

He gets it. The only saving grace was Pascal. Character development is horrible

Pascal was dope as fuck. Backwards Artes. Fuck your rules.

Sophia and 2chainz2bladez4eyez were crazy fun to play with though.

Every damn time.

After all that did he say "now hold up hold up let me take a picture aight I got to put my work up on Instagram/Facebook ya know how it is" and he did like a 10 minute fashion shoot of your head, getting all kind of angles?

Kreed

Every damn time.

Did you get any good bootleg movies?

Slayven

After all that did he say "now hold up hold up let me take a picture aight I got to put my work up on Instagram/Facebook ya know how it is" and he did like a 10 minute fashion shoot of your head, getting all kind of angles?

You know MHW prayer hands for his profile pic.

Hey DY, I already got the info about it from Dark Schala, but what's your verdict on Xillia 1? I was told that the combat isn't good enough to save the game from everything else, more or less.

At least if that happened, it would've felt justified.

Malyse

Every damn time.
i laughed so hard.

any old ain't shit dudes there just taking up space and starting conversations with "What you need to do"........?

guy like that in the gym last week. "What you need to do, squat like you bout to take a shit, ya know what I'm sayin? Ass first man, that's how it is"

any old ain't shit dudes there just taking up space and starting conversations with "What you need to do"........?

There were three old ain't shit dudes sitting around. One just said "that's a damn fine cut," all proud-like.

How do people even sell mixtapes now? Thumb Drives?

Still on CDs. Dude tried to sell me his CD outside of Five Guys for any amount. I gave him $10 and told him to keep it.

DY_nasty

i'm not racist but i'm never letting another korean lady hold a pair of clippers around me ever again
Hey DY, I already got the info about it from Dark Schala, but what's your verdict on Xillia 1? I was told that the combat isn't good enough to save the game from everything else, more or less.

first and foremost, dark schala has good opinions

but xillia... its remarkably average in all directions. if it were my first tales game, i'd be like "this is pretty good" but sadly it just isn't. the environments, while pretty in certain directions, are stunningly empty. the cast as whole just isn't all that interesting as a whole and the combat.... well

the AI is probably the worst I've dealt with - on both sides of the fight. the combat system itself is a few notches above Vesperia imo but the fact that tethering EXISTS just forces the AI to do shit that it would normally never attempt. it forces your party into bad situations constantly. yeah - you can turn it off but you can't but its a catch 22 as some enemies require (or at least encourage) you to approach them a certain way.

co-op doesn't even work. seriously.

also, the ai from enemy bosses after a certain point... it's just going to run right at you and bomb you with hypers over and over. it gets annoyingly simplistic and repetitive.

all that aside, i did like the game but i'm not going to front like its anywhere near the best 3d tales games

jWILL253

Banned
Reading NeoFAG is hilarious, but... soul-killing.

Also, if you're a publisher for an MMO game, why would you have your customer support placed in a region where A) the majority of your players don't reside, and B) where anyone in America would have to be up in the middle of the night to file a claim.

Fuck you, Square Enix...

Slayven

Reading NeoFAG is hilarious, but... soul-killing.

Also, if you're a publisher for an MMO game, why would you have your customer support placed in a region where A) the majority of your players don't reside, and B) where anyone in America would have to be up in the middle of the night to file a claim.

Fuck you, Square Enix...

cause it is cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom