• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyored

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...usbands-side-chick_lifestyle#from=embediframe

at first I was like
rudy.png

but by the time she was done talking I was like
ohhh.png

we all are witness #teammitchell

Naw breh. This is too much.
doc-rivers.gif

Sou Da

They're just gonna have to deal with it.

It's the reasoning that gets me, not the racism.

The entire bullshit of "JJ and the Jews in Hollywood are trying to shove racemixing and diversity down our throats, the only reason John Boyega was hired was because of this and because you technically can't disprove me, I can keep this circular argument going for fucking ever".

It's also just hurts me that people are actually this fucking mad about a black lead in Star Wars of all things.

They'd be pretty pissed if they watched Rebels.

Nope, Ezra's features would just become supplementary 'evidence' to them

that shit's gross man. North America and UK is predominantly multicultural. So it's best to have various ethnicities in living, breathing worlds on film and tv.

UK does this a lot with their tv shows imo. I notice a lot of brown and black actors in their programs. Having interracial relationships, going grocery shopping, chilling at the bar etc. like it's normal every day life. A few US tv shows do this but they have a lot of room to grow still

I'm glad Star Wars got boyega and lupita in here and that Peter Pan movie signed on an English Pakistani actor as Smee.

Sou Da

Geezuz..lol. I just don't know what else to say..

There's more, where he says shit about how the people that are saying he's trolling just because he's a racist are more close minded than he is.
I'm not making this up he actually goes into a huge rant about how people who disregard his racially related opinions just because he's a racist are more close minded and genuinely worse people than he is.

I'm just going to drop it now though.

Malyse

The shit surrounding the TFA trailer is really getting to me.
I refuse to believe that's real.

----
Found this on tumblr

Mike Brown was murdered on August 9, 2014.
Ezell Ford (Aug. 11, 2014)
Kajieme Powell (Aug. 19, 2014)
Darrien Hunt (Sept. 10, 2014)
Cameron Tillman (Sept. 23, 2014)
VonDerrit Myers (Oct. 8, 2014)
Kaldrick Donald (Oct. 28, 2014)
Tanesha Anderson (Nov. 11, 2014)
Akai Gurley (Nov. 20, 2014)
Tamir Rice (Nov. 23, 2014)

There's more, where he says shit about how the people that are saying he's trolling just because he's a racist are more close minded than he is.
I'm not making this up he actually goes into a huge rant about how people who disregard his racially related opinions just because he's a racist are more close minded and genuinely worse people than he is.

I'm just going to drop it now though.

Sounds like a wonderful human being. This country..I tell you..

jWILL253

Banned

What's wrong?

At work we use a machine similar to this to cut potatoes and onions.

roy-fc-fry-cutter.jpg

We place the veggie in the base, pull the lever back, and smash it through the blade.

Sometimes, we have to reposition whatever we're cutting in the base to make sure it gets cut properly.

I was doing that, and ended up smashing the tips of my left middle and ring fingers while smashing an onion because I got distracted by a coworker.

Malyse

Has your tag taught you nothing

Posting unverified shit will get you juniored eventually. Maybe it's for the best
I didn't say, this is a video of cops burning shit, I said, this is a video of a dude saying cops are burning shit. There's a difference, but you know what? I'm not looking for a fight tonight. Today has been too fucking overwhelming to waste energy trying to excuse myself. Yes, I fucked up. Oh well. Live and learn.

Also, considering that I know *exactly* the reason I got that tag, you really shouldn't be trying to throw it in my face. Particularly when it's only tangentially related to the topic at hand. Come the fuck on, man.
Damn, your thread got locked with a quickness.
For the best.

Damn.. my cousin had something similar happen to her this week.

She's in art school (has been for a long time) and was working on one of her projects, she said she was using this grater/saw type machine or so (not totally sure what type of machine it is) and it was late at night and she wasn't paying that much attention and she lost the tips of two of her fingers. both of them got chewed and shredded by the machine :/.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That is pretty gruesome man, hope it heals up quick and you get to feeling better (get some painkillers) soon.

I didn't say, this is a video of cops burning shit, I said, this is a video of a dude saying cops are burning shit. There's a difference, but you know what? I'm not looking for a fight tonight. Today has been too fucking overwhelming to waste energy trying to excuse myself. Yes, I fucked up. Oh well. Live and learn.

Also, considering that I know *exactly* the reason I got that tag, you really shouldn't be trying to throw it in my face. Particularly when it's only tangentially related to the topic at hand. Come the fuck on, man.

For the best.

Just like out in the real world, people are lying in wait watching for one of us to fuck up and salivate when it happens

hi guys ★

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Damn.. my cousin had something similar happen to her this week.

She's in art school (has been for a long time) and was working on one of her projects, she said she was using this grater/saw type machine or so (not totally sure what type of machine it is) and it was late at night and she wasn't paying that much attention and she lost the tips of two of her fingers. both of them got chewed and shredded by the machine :/.

Omg. That's horrible! D:

The Adder

Banned
This wasn't a budget deficit. Folks were dying and buildings collapsing.

Was Clark gonna stay there 24/7 for the next who the fuck knows how many years it could have been that Gotham was going to be cordoned off? Because, as far as anyone in universe knew, this wasn't am "event." It was Gotham's new normal.

If he wasn't, then Bruce was 100% correct. If Gothamites couldn't get their shit together on their own they were doomed. And they wouldn't be able to do that with Supes swooping in to fix shit every now and then when it was torn down.

In addition, Supes and the rest of the JLA were better utilized as faces on the outside trying to get the decision reversed.

jWILL253

Banned
To be clear, I didn't lose my fingertips. But, I'm pretty sure I broke something. Debating whether or not I should finish the shift...

Slayven

Was Clark gonna stay there 24/7 for the next who the fuck knows how many years it could have been that Gotham was going to be cordoned off? Because, as far as anyone in universe knew, this wasn't am "event." It was Gotham's new normal.

If he wasn't, then Bruce was 100% correct. If Gothamites couldn't get their shit together on their own they were doomed. And they wouldn't be able to do that with Supes swooping in to fix shit every now and then when it was torn down.

In addition, Supes and the rest of the JLA were better utilized as faces on the outside trying to get the decision reversed.

Well Bruce had food, water, and electricity. He was alright. There is reason they try to get essential services as soon as possible. Having the basics going so you don't have to worry about your neighbor eating you helps restore normalcy. Superman could have gotten all that shit straight then go to congress.

The Adder

Banned
Well Bruce had food, water, and electricity. He was alright. There is reason they try to get essential services as soon as possible. Having the basics going so you don't have to worry about your neighbor eating you helps restore normalcy. Superman could have gotten all that shit straight then go to congress.

And when the power goes down again?

When the gangs steal all the food and supplies he brought?

What then?

Help us Superman?

Time and again until the one time he's a galaxy over, unable to hear?

Then what? They learn to cope without him.

Then why put that off.

The Adder

Banned
Don't get me wrong. You're not incorrect for disagreeing with this PoV. All I'm saying is that claiming Bruce was just being an asshole is bullshit. He was playing the long game, as he should be, in the way he thought would most benefit Gotham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom