• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played both. DOTA is worse.

The difference is that while Call of Duty fans are coming-of-age 12 year olds and bumfuck-middle-of-nowhere hard right teens sating their primal school / movie theater shooting urges, DOTA fans are self-aware manbabies. Like, legal adults.

Malyse

B4mpRVeIgAIbG2x.jpg
I think I killed one of those in Bayonetta

It's now 1824.

I got pepper sprayed at 1400. I still feel that shit right now. My whole neck and ears still burning. Taken 2 showers, but stood up like a motherfucker. Talking shit. Lol.

Kreed

I swear, clients ask for web things they don't need. "We need a blog and gallery for our site". No you don't, you're a damn courier service.

But Angelus, think about the SEO value! With a blog they can totes keyword stuff for words like "courier" and "service" and "number one". And they can seem more active to their 2 twitter followers with new blog and gallery entries.

But Angelus, think about the SEO value! With a blog they can totes keyword stuff for words like "courier" and "service" and "number one". And they can seem more active to their 2 twitter followers with new blog and gallery entries.

Funny enough they tried to hit me with that SEO line.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So.I can carry it, I have to be sprayed with it. So he got me while I was doing pushups. Sprayed from ear to ear across the eyes.

LOL they surprised with you it? damn

usually they let people brace up for it first

Satch

Banned
Please tell me she went off on them or something.

no i didnt

EF0M2zN.png

if you could have heard the conversation it was like

after his racist rant, the guy then started saying that he was a cosmetologist and that our rubick (the guy he was calling a nigger/a bad black person) was in school for no reason because he's an idiot, and that being a cosmetologist would lead to better opportunities and would pay more in the long run because he got tips. and then he called rubick gay and then the guy's friend was like "you're calling him gay and youre a cosmetologist" and then they laughed about it together

i was shook by his candor, people are so fucking strange

G-Fex

I would say something about that awful shit community of Dota but I remember at the same time Twitch's chatrooms are just as fucking stupid.

Is Satch good at DOTA? Dreams, please confirm.

Yea, she's playing quite well these days.

I've played both. DOTA is worse.

Dota is a much less forgiving game and matches last much longer on average. As such, I think tempers are indeed quicker to flare in Dota than in League.

A guy can go from zero to Kobe-rage in about 10 minutes in Dota and be stuck that way for the next 30 minutes of game. Quite the unpleasant experience. LoL community is less awful in part because the mechanics are easier. Less things to have to do means less things you can fuck up and less things your teammates can remind you that you are fucking up on. Items you purchase during the game aren't as prohibitively expernsive in League as in Dota. You don't lose precious gold when you die in League like you do in Dota 2, putting you farther away from that next item purchase. You can also more easily carry a game by yourself in League than in Dota 2. All combines to create an environment with less ragers.

FyreWulff

I swear, clients ask for web things they don't need. "We need a blog and gallery for our site". No you don't, you're a damn courier service.

Thing about working with clients is you have to play the game of figuring out what they need, not what they want, and bringing it around to what they actually need

Gotta watch out for the Web 3.7 wizbang everything for sites that just sell like.. 3 diodes

DOTA playerbase is full of shitheads. You see the same shit in the trade channel in WoW too.

DOTA is above and beyond most other games when it comes to shitty playerbases though.

Tensions can run high when you're trying to win in the best competitive multiplayer game in the world.

lewd.

Contribute something of value and/or originality for once. Try it on for size.

*grabs popcorn*

Contribute something of value and/or originality for once. Try it on for size.

Including such hits as "yall need jesus," "who are you," "breh," "churchs is food," "something i stole from the funny pics thread," and the debut of his new classic "you ain't shit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom