• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
black-on-black crime. Even Tevin Campbell aint safe, its getting to be unbearable

Bearing some non serious issues, all is well Ishi. We're just pawsing to reflect on what the good lord has brought to us. In these grizzly times of being black in America, we have to keep the faith alive. How has your day been so far? :3

"when she drop the charges"

"when you find that one dusty ass Durex in your back pocket"

"when she responds to your DMs"

"Ishi before fighting Heihachi"

anybody tell you that you're a bear, girl cause your paws are ridiculous

Dammit! I'll destroy all of y'all! So rude! :(

I've been fine though. Doing Christmas shopping and studying for finals next week.

Mortemis

Banned
At least the boy JC got a cook now, he might be able to eat. Them next gen GPUs and consoles set him back and you can't dine on PB&dreams sandwiches for long.

Lmao.

I see you're back to your ol no avatar self. Some good jokes bout to be ignored.

At least the boy JC got a cook now, he might be able to eat. Them next gen GPUs and consoles set him back and you can't dine on PB&dreams sandwiches for long.

I've upgraded to PB&Tears. The MCC was GREAT for provided some much needed substance from my eyeducts.

Slayven

Dammit! I'll destroy all of y'all! So rude! :(

I've been fine though. Doing Christmas shopping and studying for finals next week.
What you going to get me? I don't like honey or salmon.
I've upgraded to PB&Tears. The MCC was GREAT for provided some much needed substance from my eyeducts.
You foolish for trusting 343 a second time. Prophet Fyrewulff and Seer Devo tried to tell y'all

White dudes can't sit around and clown on each other. A. It's usually not funny. B. A fight always breaks out.

We got to laugh too keep from crying

Malyse

People will hate on anything

"Look at that motherfucker eating those peanut butter crackers. Man fuck his fuck boy stupid ass."

giphy.gif

Trey

I still can't get over 343 launching a brick. Good for me though, I'm saving 450+ dollars every week it doesn't work. I'm patient for 1080p60fps(ish) Halo.

RP912

Banned
The mood muzik series was the greatest contribution that Budden had ever done. Other than that, dude been a walking L since he figured out wu tang clan really ain't nothing to fuck with...

FyreWulff

I seriously have no idea what's going on with the MCC.

When your matchmaking system can't even reliably match people in even teams, what is your code even doing? Matchmaking in Halo has been able to do that in every title up until now, so I'm guessing they threw out almost a decades worth of battle tested code due to NIH and tried to roll their own.

Like, ignore the fact that Forge in Halo 3 is literally unusable. You literally cannot make even teams. You write patch notes saying the game will do it now, and the game literally does not do what you say it will in the patch.

The issues with previous 343 releases just finally caught up with them, really. I could list out all the nonsensical stuff for each 343 patch but I think I've probably burned people out on that shit in the halogaf thread

Slayven

I seriously have no idea what's going on with the MCC.

When your matchmaking system can't even reliably match people in even teams, what is your code even doing? Matchmaking in Halo has been able to do that in every title up until now, so I'm guessing they threw out almost a decades worth of battle tested code due to NIH and tried to roll their own.

Like, ignore the fact that Forge in Halo 3 is literally unusable. You literally cannot make even teams. You write patch notes saying the game will do it now, and the game literally does not do what you say it will in the patch.

The issues with previous 343 releases just finally caught up with them, really. I could list out all the nonsensical stuff for each 343 patch but I think I've probably burned people out on that shit in the halogaf thread
From what I cared enough to read 343 farmed out everything , got the finished products back and duct taped them together. Too bad we don't have any gaming investigative journalists.

From what I cared enough to read 343 farmed out everything , got the finished products back and duct taped them together. Too bad we don't have any gaming investigative journalists.

Gamers don't want to read no investigative journalism, they want to know what score you gave the game and that's about it.

Developers and publishers don't want that shit either, get on their bad side you no longer get preview builds for preview and review and thus those precious clicks slip through their fingers.

If I were like Mack Zuckerburg rich. I'd hire like a team of 7 to launch a gaming based investigative website.

cdyhybrid

We do, but gamers are more interested in a woman's personal life than in games.

Slayven

Gamers don't want to read no investigative journalism, they want to know what score you gave the game and that's about it.

Developers and publishers don't want that shit either, get on their bad side you no longer get preview builds for preview and review and thus those precious clicks slip through their fingers.

If I were like Mack Zuckerburg rich. I'd hire like a team of 7 to launch a gaming based investigative website.
Why be good, when you can get swag bags?

We do, but gamers are more interested in a woman's personal life than in games.

But it about ethics.

We need to know who that woman fucked, and why someone is making youtube videos saying stuff we don't like.

Hey man, I mean she's not giving up the box to us gamers, but still insists on taking over our culture with their feminism bullshit! She was the kind of girl who totes didn't even know I existed in High school, but now she sees how awesome videogames are and wants to use her tits and vagina to exploit and deceive gamers but not actually have sex with us?! Not on my watch, fuck that bro! #Gamergate

FyreWulff

343 has farmed out most or all of their Halo projects. It's confusing how Microsoft creates a studio who's sole purpose is to make Halo and they don't even have the manpower to manage more than one Halo project internally at a time.

Halo Wars.. MS shuts down Ensemble, then outsources it's DLC to Robot Entertainment. The DLC still costs 10$. For 3 gametypes.

Reach TU - the patch was given to one guy to program. It had beta versions of Smartglass and other options added to it. Most of the functionality in the Reach TU does not exist in the game today because it was bugged. Because you only gave one guy one chance to update the game. All of the non-Bungie DLC was done by Certain Affinity.

Oh man, I could still rant about the fucking Reach TU... christ

Halo 4... campaign done by 343, and a couple of MP maps.. the rest of the MP was done by Certain Affinity and Digital Extremes. Certain Affinity even made an entire gametype called Dominion. Most of the 'new' gametypes added to Halo 4 post launch were Reach game scripts ported to Halo 4. They added a TU so they could 'update the game more often' by letting guns be changed with gametypes, then they changed the guns once and called it a day.

I used to be part of their program to get new Forge maps into matchmaking, seeking out authors and getting their maps up there.. what ended up happening is the people in the program were used as free 343 test and most of our time was spent working on matchmaking updates. I had an inside joke earlier that Subzero got, but basically I had 100% proof that a certain map/gametype combo was functionally broken and let people spawn on the enemy flag. I filed the bug, with full repro steps, actual video capture of the bug occuring, and a technical explanation of why the bug happened and why it wasn't fixable.

Day 1: "Oh, nice find! We'll take care of that!"
Day 2: "Um the team doesn't see any forum post about this bug. It probably doesn't happen that much"

I knew exactly what the fuck happened, and very shortly thereafter I resigned when they pulled another doozy on me.

That map+gametype are still in H4 matchmaking, btw

343 has farmed out most or all of their Halo projects. It's confusing how Microsoft creates a studio who's sole purpose is to make Halo and they don't even have the manpower to manage more than one Halo project internally at a time.

Halo Wars.. MS shuts down Ensemble, then outsources it's DLC to Robot Entertainment. The DLC still costs 10$. For 3 gametypes.

Reach TU - the patch was given to one guy to program. It had beta versions of Smartglass and other options added to it. Most of the functionality in the Reach TU does not exist in the game today because it was bugged. Because you only gave one guy one chance to update the game. All of the non-Bungie DLC was done by Certain Affinity.

Halo 4... campaign done by 343, and a couple of MP maps.. the rest of the MP was done by Certain Affinity and Digital Extremes. Certain Affinity even made an entire gametype called Dominion. Most of the 'new' gametypes added to Halo 4 post launch were Reach game scripts ported to Halo 4. They added a TU so they could 'update the game more often' by letting guns be changed with gametypes, then they changed the guns once and called it a day.

I used to be part of their program to get new Forge maps into matchmaking, seeking out authors and getting their maps up there.. what ended up happening is the people in the program were used as free 343 test and most of our time was spent working on matchmaking updates. I had an inside joke earlier that Subzero got, but basically I had 100% proof that a certain map/gametype combo was functionally broken and let people spawn on the enemy flag. I filed the bug, with full repro steps, actual video capture of the bug occuring, and a technical explanation of why the bug happened and why it wasn't fixable.

Day 2: "Um the team doesn't see any forum post about this bug. It probably doesn't happen that much"

I knew exactly what the fuck happened, and very shortly thereafter I resigned.

So what you're saying is that Halo ain't shit without Bungie and that 343i is going to run this franchise into the ground?

Well I know how to fix that issue.

Add giant mechs with laser swords and wings, and add Two-Mix to the OST.

jWILL253

Banned
"We need a journalist that challenges developers and publishers and asks the hard questions!"

*Reads article/watch video from Jim Sterling, Angry Joe, Eric Kain, Jason Schreier, Totalbiscuit, and/or whoever decent is left at Kotaku/Polygon*

"I don't like this guy's schtick."

"Why is there feminism in my journalism?"

"_________ paid off this reviewer!"

^That one doesn't seem so silly these days.

"That got an 8.9 instead of a 9? Fuck this review, I'm not visiting this site anymore!"

"But what about Zoe Quinn?"

"I think you're being too hard on Square Enix/Final Fantasy/Toriyama!"

"You guys are such Sony fanboys, why can't you let Microsoft be????"

"But what about Anita Sarkeesian?"

FyreWulff

So what you're saying is that Halo ain't shit without Bungie and that 343i is going to run this franchise into the ground?

Microsoft's corporate culture is in full swing, more like it.

Ego fluffing and closing-the-door-behind-you everywhere. Once an upper team makes a decision, no other teams seem to be able to change their idea. So what happens is teams will internally compete with each other to completely replace the team instead of working with them.

Accurate image describing corporate structure follows:

org-chart.jpg

Trey

I love how he spawns and starts running to get back into the game before he notices he had spawned on the flag and is now carrying it.

I can only imagine the thought process went "man, I died to some bullshit, I'm bout to roll on these niggas when I respawn. I'm coming for tha-what the shit?"

Which reminds me how you couldn't drop the flag in Halo 4 and they gave you a pistol to defend yourself with. Loool, Halo 4, you beautiful mess.

J10

Banned

I knew exactly what the fuck happened, and very shortly thereafter I resigned when they pulled another doozy on me.

I'm not picking up what you're putting down. What happened? Why the hell didn't they take it out of matchmaking?

Slayven

I can read this shit all day long. How come we don't get more articles like this? Instead of ones counting ploygons?

Nigga said Two Mix, you totes made my week Angelus. I am going to be laughing at that for the rest of the day.

"We need a journalist that challenges developers and publishers and asks the hard questions!"

*Reads article/watch video from Jim Sterling, Angry Joe, Eric Kain, Jason Schreier, Totalbiscuit, and/or whoever decent is left at Kotaku/Polygon*

"I don't like this guy's schtick."

"Why is there feminism in my journalism?"

"_________ paid off this reviewer!"

^That one doesn't seem so silly these days.

"That got an 8.9 instead of a 9? Fuck this review, I'm not visiting this site anymore!"

"But what about Zoe Quinn?"

"I think you're being too hard on Square Enix/Final Fantasy/Toriyama!"

"You guys are such Sony fanboys, why can't you let Microsoft be????"

"But what about Anita Sarkeesian?"

Sterling is too corny, Joe barely does any research, and Total biscuit is on some other shit.

Don't know the other guys

FyreWulff

I'm not picking up what you're putting down. What happened? Why the hell didn't they take it out of matchmaking?

Someone politicked to keep it in there after upper MP team members saw the reports.

Much more subtle bugs ended up with maps removed before, or allowed the map to be fixed ( I know, because I fixed a bunch of maps for MM. A couple of 343 maps have my gamertag on them if you save them from MM in H4 due to this). Suddenly this one had resistance and a reason that had never been used before...

I'm not interested in playing that sort of game in an unpaid position. Either pay me or actually use me for the reason you brought me on to the program. If expertise is irrelevant then nobody has any business hanging around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom