• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

My new favorite Japanese movie title is Three Butt Violence.

small men are attacked by 3 tall amazonian Japanese models, and their asses.

Go to youtube and search for Garo vs Mika . NSFW, dude fights a thousand foot tall model that sprouts machine guns.

Malyse

sounds like Demi's favorite movie
Not even remotely.

This is my favorite movie.
Stardust_promo_poster.jpg

Surprise. It's not a Disney movie. This is number two.
Enchantedposter.jpg

Let's start with the term FGW. That would be the Fighting Game Weekly thread not the Fighting Game World. So here we are jumping to obscene conclusions about my likes here but I'll deal with what I'm given.

Even then if we comb through every fighting game weekly thread on GAF your statement STILL falls apart. Plenty of folks mention more obscure titles...all of them better than EX2. Bruh, PSASBR is better than EX2. :3

Explain my thoughts on the EX Series? I've been there and done that. More than one ever should. That little piece is somewhere floating around the internet and isn't that hard to find. And I said EX2 Plus was the BEST STREET FIGHTER GAME! Not the best fighting game period. I still haven't chosen one yet and you'd think I would've by now.

Floating around on the internet?So let me get this straight, you make this crazy declaration then just defend when a few of us look at you sideways telling us we should present argument to counter, then when asked to explain why you think EX2 is this great game you respond with basically "it's on the internet"…bruh. I'm not gonna scour the internet for your views on EX2. It'd be much quicker for you to find them since their your views on whatever website you posted them on under whatever username, then paste them here. :3

You got EX2 Plus, Savior, KoF XI, Marvel 2, CvS2 & Tekken 5 in no order. I'd take those 6 in a top 10 no hesitation. The other 4 I'm still in internal debate on and probably will be until I leave this coil.

Yeeeaaa…EX2 shouldn't be listed amongst the rest of those. It's like mentioning Linsday along side actual great singers as a way to make Lindsay seem legit...nope, still not. :3

For the record, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code V1.07 is probably in my opinion the best current 2D fighter on the planet going that isn't Skullgirls or SIX STARS!!!!!! right this second and gets shaded something fierce.

Most people who actually play MB don't throw much shade at it. The usual suspects are those who see it (but have never actually played it) and throw out the lame arguments like "lol looks like a mugen game, pass" or "lol animus". :3

I could go into a name drop fiasco about the many fighting games that I treasure dearly but this as well is well documented in multiple locations so no reason to do that again.

I didn't ask you to do such. I said there are a bunch of fighters that cats mention that you would have to make an argument as to why EX2 was better than them, not "name your favorite fighters". :3

Fighting games and I have a history and its one I don't dare forget about or forget I'm a part of because they mean that much.

Okaaaay…

Gattsu25

Banned
Brief intro to my family: Father is part irish and the irish side of his family never wanted him to get married to a black woman.

One of his cousins threatened to kill my mom on her wedding day. His mom disowned him when he got married. After the first kid they started to talk to my parents again. After the second (me) they started to visit. When my mom was pregnant with her third, my grandma came over to stay and started acting odd and she...well.. tried to poison us. My parents made us keep a distant relationship after that, calling to wish her happy birthdays and visiting to say merry christmas.

Eventually we fell out of touch until ~10 years ago. We made an unannounced visit and saw that my dad's cousins were basically living in my grandmother's house and kept her locked up in a guest room. We offered to take her in and that entire side of the family formally cut off ties from us.

Not sure why but I thought of my grandma tonight and I decided to randomly google her only to find out that her funeral was earlier in the month. No calls or notice. Her grandchildren are mentioned like an afterthought in the obituary.

So what have you guys been up to?

Malyse

Brief intro to my family: Father is part irish and the irish side of his family never wanted him to get married to a black woman.

One of his cousins threatened to kill my mom on her wedding day. His mom disowned him when he got married. After the first kid they started to talk to my parents again. After the second (me) they started to visit. When my mom was pregnant with her third, my grandma came over to stay and started acting odd and she...well.. tried to poison us. My parents made us keep a distant relationship after that, calling to wish her happy birthdays and visiting to say merry christmas.

Eventually we fell out of touch until ~10 years ago. We made an unannounced visit and saw that my dad's cousins were basically living in my grandmother's house and kept her locked up in a guest room. We offered to take her in and that entire side of the family formally cut off ties from us.

Not sure why but I thought of my grandma tonight and I decided to randomly google her only to find out that her funeral was earlier in the month. No calls or notice. Her grandchildren are mentioned like an afterthought in the obituary.

Jeezus! You okay, fam?

So they going to do a new avatar cartoon? One less boring?

THANK GOD YOU SAID IT.

TALK ABOUT THE MOST OVERRATED THING SINCE THE PAM AND TOMMY LEE SEX TAPE.

Nah cuz, it's one of the best things conceived ever. It breaks conventions in a society that looks down on animated work. While in a medium that only places the art on a field of two extremes the Avatar series brings a balance that conveys comedy, drama, action, science-fiction, and fantasy all in one package while also bringing cultural diversity. It is also very visually pleasing.

It seems like on the internet. People for the most part focus on negative emotions in entertainment. I hate to dwell on the negative. Life is too short to be constantly filled with negativity. I'm all about the positivity. I hear so often about how someone plays or watches something that they don't like. If you're not enjoying it, why are you continuing to expose yourself to it?

Well...shit. Damn bruh. Sorry to hear man. :(

Slayven

keep your head up

Malyse

Nah cuz, it's one of the best things conceived ever. It breaks conventions in a society that looks down on animated work. While in a medium that only places the art on a field of two extremes the Avatar series brings a balance that conveys comedy, drama, action, science-fiction, and fantasy all in one package while also bringing cultural diversity. It is also very visually pleasing.

It seems like on the internet. People for the most part focus on negative emotions in entertainment. I hate to dwell on the negative. Life is too short to be constantly filled with negativity. I'm all about the positivity. I hear so often about how someone plays or watches something that they don't like. If you're not enjoying it, why are you continuing to expose yourself to it?
This is a reminder that hate watching isn't an actual thing. If you engage something with your most valuable asset (time) repeatedly, on some conscious or subconscious level you enjoy it.

Slayven

The comedy is handled pretty poorly, the super silly loony toons pratfalls totally takes you out of it.

Trey

This is a reminder that hate watching isn't an actual thing. If you engage something with your most valuable asset (time) repeatedly, on some conscious or subconscious level you enjoy it.

Eh. I watch Scandal and HTGAWM and I could cold roast both of those shows easily and without trepidation. If either just got canceled midseason, I wouldn't care. I find them both mildly enjoyable, but I think they're both bad shows.

Malyse

Eh. I watch Scandal and HTGAWM and I could cold roast both of those shows easily and without trepidation. If either just got canceled midseason, I wouldn't care. I find them both mildly enjoyable, but I think they're both bad shows.
You said it yourself. You enjoy them. Again, hate watching isn't actually a thing.

Gattsu25

Banned
Thanks. I'm pretty sure that I'm fine. To be honest, I'm more concerned that this doesn't really seem to be having an effect on me.

My blood has been put in the ground.

That should mean something, right?

royalan

Thanks. I'm pretty sure that I'm fine. To be honest, I'm more concerned that this doesn't really seem to be having an effect on me.

Absolutely not.

My condolences if this genuinely does mean something to you. But if not...dude, she comes from the side of your family that's stone-cold racist, and she personally tried to poison you. If the only feeling you could muster up was a curt #ByeFelicia I don't think anyone would blame you.

I had to learn this lesson when I came out of the closet in college: Fuck Family. If you're not doing for me. If you're not edifying me in any way. If you're not serving as a positive presence in my life in any sense. If you don't comfort me in any way. If you're not operating as something I can in any way, shape or form look up to. If all you can bring to my life is misery, negativity and judgment? Then fuck you and the bloodline you rode in on.

They say blood is thicker than water. But guess what? So is Snapple.

Kreed

I mean, she did try to kill you and your immediate family. I wouldn't think too much about not feeling a certain way.

Family is what you make it. That whole blood nonsense is just hogwash. I have a few blood relatives who if they passed I wouldn't flinch. Likewise I have a few people who I consider family that if they passed I'd be destroyed.

Malyse

Absolutely not.

My condolences if this genuinely does mean something to you. But if not...dude, she comes from the side of your family that's stone-cold racist, and she personally tried to poison you. If the only feeling you could muster up was a curt #ByeFelicia I don't think anyone would blame you.

I had to learn this lesson when I came out of the closet in college: Fuck Family. If you're not doing for me. If you're not edifying me in any way. If you're not serving as a positive presence in my life in any sense. If you don't comfort me in any way. If you're not operating as something I can in any way, shape or form look up to. If all you can bring to my life is misery, negativity and judgment? Then fuck you and the bloodline you rode in on.

I mean, she did try to kill you and your immediate family. I wouldn't think too much about not feeling a certain way.
Listen to them.

Gattsu25

Banned
Absolutely not.

Thanks, fam

Akainu

Sounds like you lucked out. Shouldn't even have visited.

DominoKid

Trying to give my dad a good birthday present kind of blew up in my face this year. Got 4th row tickets to the Panthers/Browns game. It's gonna be total garbage btw but you can't beat those seats.

It was all good until my friends set up a bunch of cool shit for Friday and Saturday night that I'd miss because my dad didn't want to be in Charlotte for the whole weekend like we originally planned.

He hit me today talkin about "It's OK if you want to go hang out with your friends this weekend. You can just take one of them to our game."
bu6hYSZ.png

RGt54.png

Slayven

Trying to give my dad a good birthday present kind of blew up in my face this year. Got 4th row tickets to the Panthers/Browns game. It's gonna be total garbage btw but you can't beat those seats.

It was all good until my friends set up a bunch of cool shit for Friday and Saturday night that I'd miss because my dad didn't want to be in Charlotte for the whole weekend like we originally planned.

He hit me today talkin about "It's OK if you want to go hang out with your friends this weekend. You can just take one of them to our game."
bu6hYSZ.png

RGt54.png

Passive Aggressive no jutsu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom