• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performs Bryan fury's

D/B+2 on DreamDrop
bryan-fury-last-laugh-o.gif

Malyse

This is my opinion, but I have enough self-awareness to know it's a shit opinion and I have to be one of the worst people at fighters in the world.
I'm undesirably good at fighters, but playing them isn't fun. Like, outside of DOA, you can sit me in front of the typical player and I'll win 4/6 matches. But I don't enjoy playing them (ironically I kept buying them on PS3. Had them all save Mortal Kombat). I even have some of the weirder ones like Arcana Heart and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. Still don't like them though.

Smash is fun. I like fun. Also opinions.

harSon

Banned
Smash is basically the Drake of Fighting Games. Tries so hard to be taken serious and will never be top tier anything.

EX2? I can't. There's was one dude back in the day that loved that shit, could never fuck with it.

I will start playing SF5 though.

Most people would give rim jobs on tap to be the Drake of something. Dudes the highest paid artist in the world.

harSon

Banned
Naw that's Dre. Beats money is serious.

I'm obviously not talking about business ventures.... Otherwise Michael Jordan would be the highest paid "athlete" every year.

Edit: Seems like I clicked an article with a retracted story. Still, most people would give hand jobs on the regular to be the Drake of something.

Gotta remember where I am. This is what passes for discourse around here. I'd love to hear some actual and legitimate thoughts on why you disagree. Maybe if Melty Blood was named dropped a bit more and somebody actually played a game instead of stanning then I wouldn't have this to say.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is good, y'all. But it isn't the best Tekken ever. Far from it, actually.

I'll go into more detail after I've played more of the game tonight.

I tend to hold Tekken 5.0 as the GOAT title in the series. This is even given that Dark Resurrection was the game that made me drop Asuka & King for Lili as a main.

Smash > 2D fighters > 3D fighters

To each their own but this doesn't even work at all. Smash is the business but not on this level of work.

I'm undesirably good at fighters, but playing them isn't fun. Like, outside of DOA, you can sit me in front of the typical player and I'll win 4/6 matches. But I don't enjoy playing them (ironically I kept buying them on PS3. Had them all save Mortal Kombat). I even have some of the weirder ones like Arcana Heart and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. Still don't like them though.

Smash is fun. I like fun. Also opinions.

Mad respect for that. You doing your part to get the obscure shit over here.

I still wanna get down with Battle Fantasia. Only cats I knew played it were in my circle.

Or we could all play Tattoo Assassins.

Malyse

Mad respect for that. You doing your part to get the obscure shit over here.

I still wanna get down with Battle Fantasia. Only cats I knew played it were in my circle.

Or we could all play Tattoo Assassins.
I actually bought Battle Fantasia through the Hong Kong PSN cause I thought it was never coming out here (and I had some left over cash from buying Malicious). Got burned twice on that deal :/

I actually bought Battle Fantasia through the Hong Kong PSN cause I thought it was never coming out here (and I had some left over cash from buying Malicious). Got burned twice on that deal :/

Don't trip. 3 other motherfuckers I know did the same. We also did that with Dark Souls as well. Yakuza Kenzan is definitely not though lol.

RP912

Banned
PS all stars is the Crucial Conflict of fighting games...

Good concept but you can just settle with Bone Thugs (Smash).

Gotta remember where I am. This is what passes for discourse around here. I'd love to hear some actual and legitimate thoughts on why you disagree. Maybe if Melty Blood was named dropped a bit more and somebody actually played a game instead of stanning then I wouldn't have this to say.

Why even bring up MB when you already said EX2 was better than what people in the fighting game world stan...and that covers an absolute shit load of fighting games to include all variants of MB. In fact I'd argue you should be explaining to us why you think EX2 is the best fighting game ever made. Take your time because there are ALOT of fighters out there you're going to need to compare and contrast to.

This is like saying Lindsey Lohan is the best vocalist ever then getting upset when everyone else simply laughs.

RP912

Banned
I almost pulled the trigger on Injustice when it was on Bundlestar. I ended up using that five bones for a 5 dollar box at taco bell...no regrets.

Malyse

I almost pulled the trigger on Injustice when it was on Bundlestar. I ended up using that five bones for a 5 dollar box at taco bell...no regrets.
You made the right choice.

----

Remember Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects? So bad that Marvel straight stopped working with EA.

I really want to get back into the Skullgirls scene too. I used to have a pretty decent 'Cock. I also really loved the designs and themes of that game. It was so non-typical of others and gave great diversity in a industry that lacks it. I'm still hoping it gets a cartoon.

Village

Smash never takes itself super serious, it's the community that has tried to do that
I don't think most fighting games take themselves seriously

They just have mechanics, like smash bros that also has mechanics.

I wonder if I can start a rumor that Nintendo is making a Zamus game...

A hard ass game because you don't have a suit?

Bought.

That would be like captain toad metriod

" Welcome to mario world, a universe built around your vertical leap. Also you can't jump see you later fucker "

Malyse

KHII.5 Collectors Edition. 4 games, 2 movies, art book, plushie
that I didn't want
= $100. And unlike the MCC, they all actually work.

My GOTY is Dragon Age Inquisition. Despite the issues I have with the combat system. It's still the only game that's released this year that wasn't complete ass despite all the "next gen" hype.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My GOTY is Dragon Age Inquisition. Despite the issues I have with the combat system. It's still the only game that's released this year that wasn't complete ass despite all the "next gen" hype.
I don't think its close either. Transistor would be 2nd but yeah

Why even bring up MB when you already said EX2 was better than what people in the fighting game world stan...and that covers an absolute shit load of fighting games to include all variants of MB. In fact I'd argue you should be explaining to us why you think EX2 is the best fighting game ever made. Take your time because there are ALOT of fighters out there you're going to need to compare and contrast to.

This is like saying Lindsey Lohan is the best vocalist ever then getting upset when everyone else simply laughs.

Let's start with the term FGW. That would be the Fighting Game Weekly thread not the Fighting Game World. So here we are jumping to obscene conclusions about my likes here but I'll deal with what I'm given.

Explain my thoughts on the EX Series? I've been there and done that. More than one ever should. That little piece is somewhere floating around the internet and isn't that hard to find. And I said EX2 Plus was the BEST STREET FIGHTER GAME! Not the best fighting game period. I still haven't chosen one yet and you'd think I would've by now.

You got EX2 Plus, Savior, KoF XI, Marvel 2, CvS2 & Tekken 5 in no order. I'd take those 6 in a top 10 no hesitation. The other 4 I'm still in internal debate on and probably will be until I leave this coil.

For the record, Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code V1.07 is probably in my opinion the best current 2D fighter on the planet going that isn't Skullgirls or SIX STARS!!!!!! right this second and gets shaded something fierce.

I could go into a name drop fiasco about the many fighting games that I treasure dearly but this as well is well documented in multiple locations so no reason to do that again.

Fighting games and I have a history and its one I don't dare forget about or forget I'm a part of because they mean that much.

I got the best Coyori in the business but that's easy to accomplish when you're the only one around.

I've always loved the game's system especially Gatchi and a damn shame SEGA wouldn't let them do a sequel like they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom