• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I need your advise on something . My brother woks for a big shipping company and a part of their uniforms are holster for the scanners . He gets off work and heads to a big chain restaurant wearing a normal t shirt and his work shorts . One the manger of the restaurant see the holster and calls the cops on him . The cops arrive guns drawn and stick a gun in his face . They search him and and find noting and the cops apologize. After the cops leave he goes to the counter and ask to speak to the manger . the person at the counter refuses so he leaves. He comes back later and ask for the manger again and is once again refused . He thinks that he should write a letter to corporate but I think that he should sue them . What would you do if where in my brothers shoes ?

Go for the letter first. Suing isn't a guaranteed win in this instance because if I saw someone walking around with a holster I'd be nervous too. Incidentally, what state are you in?

cdyhybrid

So I need your advise on something . My brother woks for a big shipping company and a part of their uniforms are holster for the scanners . He gets off work and heads to a big chain restaurant wearing a normal t shirt and his work shorts . One the manger of the restaurant see the holster and calls the cops on him . The cops arrive guns drawn and stick a gun in his face . They search him and and find noting and the cops apologize. After the cops leave he goes to the counter and ask to speak to the manger . the person at the counter refuses so he leaves. He comes back later and ask for the manger again and is once again refused . He thinks that he should write a letter to corporate but I think that he should sue them . What would you do if where in my brothers shoes ?

There's a lot of factors at play, like what state you're in and things of that nature.

I'd talk to a lawyer before jumping into anything as serious as suing a company.

jordan was on sportscenter for an interview tonight.

B1AbtlJCAAEgPbu.jpg

why his jacket look like he got 3 layers of stolen clothes on underneath?

He is legally blind, or drunk, maybe all of the above. No way you find all that mismatch clothing on purpose.

It was. I was completely on board with buying a PS4 for Bloodborne, because honestly I've been looking for an excuse to buy a PS4 for a while. But this all was contingent on Bloodborne running at 60 fps, because I'm just not of the inclination to play action games at anything less. If it ran it the fifties, fine - I'm buying Bayonetta 2 eventually, after all. But I just check out at 30, especially since I'm used to Dark Souls on the PC where it's very smooth. Doubly so when the developer comes out and says some shit like "30 fps is better for actions games." That just lets me know things ain't right.

I'm pretty set with PC. Virtually all my gaming needs are more than satisfied on this platform, and I've expressed aggravation in the past over console exclusives. I've accepted that I'll have to play ball at a certain point, but if I'm buying a console solely for one game, I want certain accommodations. The value has to be there. And FROM games at 30 fps is not what I want in return for parting ways with nearly 500 dollars.

Understand, I was contemplating skipping out on the future installments of Halo, a franchise I love dearly, because I think the Xbox One is an extremely poor value proposition. But the love 343 put into the collection has forced my hand, in no small part to 60 fps across the board. I complain all the time (somewhat facetiously) that I have to buy an Xbox One because of MCC, but that's made a little easier because now I also want KI season 2. Consoles just don't do it for me any more, and if I'm buying into the platform for its exclusives, I have certain demands or I'll just keep it moving.

I'm not taking anything away from anyone who is fine with 30 fps. But yes, it's a deal breaker for me at its cost of admission.

Honestly fam, this is how I'm feeling too.

I've played my PS4/One for actual gaming purposes for maybe 10 hours in the last 4 or 5 months. Quite frankly, gaming is just plan better on PC for me right now.

I do look forward to finally getting around to hooking my WiiU back up again for the first time since the first month of launch. Gotta get on that Bayo + SmashU train. But to date, I could have just gone WiiU + PC and been just fine.

That said, I wouldn't have wanted to miss Halo Anniversary and it's a fact I would have picked up a One just for that game + KI season 2. But the PS4...probably could have waited until 2015 to buy that console. Both consoles are glorified netflix boxes for me right now. Mistakes were made.

andthebeatgoeson

So I need your advise on something . My brother woks for a big shipping company and a part of their uniforms are holster for the scanners . He gets off work and heads to a big chain restaurant wearing a normal t shirt and his work shorts . One the manger of the restaurant see the holster and calls the cops on him . The cops arrive guns drawn and stick a gun in his face . They search him and and find nothing and the cops apologize. After the cops leave he goes to the counter and ask to speak to the manger . the person at the counter refuses so he leaves. He comes back later and ask for the manger again and is once again refused . He thinks that he should write a letter to corporate but I think that he should sue them . What would you do if were in my brothers shoes ?
Definitely write corporate. Even if it was a 'honest' mistake, the manager shouldn't refuse to meet with the costumer, twice. Bad customer service on many levels.

And then social media. Detail all the facts. Never know what story will go viral.

Dam those perma ban's last forever

ghawd dam that ban. Something should have told me not do post after that 10 hour music, drinking and dancing high I was on. Or stick to my constant and rational hatred of Ubisoft. Oddly enough 15 second before i was about to post in the LettersGaf thread to watch out for bans and end up like Roy I found myself in turn banned

also as my first ban I learned that "Until time" is a lie! it said 2am instead of 2:20am something. Hopefully I don't turn into pro at being banned

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sunset Overdrive doesn't have sliders or anything, but I think it's the first game where I've been real impressed by racial diversity and how they actually seemed to put effort into peoples' faces that you can pick from.. And the afro hair model isn't complete shit.

Malyse

Sunset Overdrive doesn't have sliders or anything, but I think it's the first game where I've been real impressed by racial diversity and how they actually seemed to put effort into peoples' faces that you can pick from.. And the afro hair model isn't complete shit.

This is where I point out the God tier character creator in EVE Online.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do y'all want to see what happens in the real estate world in Oklahoma? Why I want to die today?

Some asshole was paid. PAID. To make this.

And these real estate agents have made a "dance routine" for this shit. I just want to crawl in a hole and die. I'm glad real estate is just on the side, because if I had to be a part of this kind of shit I'd kill myself.

Nah the black hair option is still kinda shit. I had to go the no hair route. The Afro was all kinds of wrong, so I was left with corn rows or the Time Dog.......I chose nothing. Why cant I get a fade? Anyway the skin tones are good.

Mortemis

Banned
Honestly fam, this is how I'm feeling too.

I've played my PS4/One for actual gaming purposes for maybe 10 hours in the last 4 or 5 months. Quite frankly, gaming is just plan better on PC for me right now.

I do look forward to finally getting around to hooking my WiiU back up again for the first time since the first month of launch. Gotta get on that Bayo + SmashU train. But to date, I could have just gone WiiU + PC and been just fine.

That said, I wouldn't have wanted to miss Halo Anniversary and it's a fact I would have picked up a One just for that game + KI season 2. But the PS4...probably could have waited until 2015 to buy that console. Both consoles are glorified netflix boxes for me right now. Mistakes were made.

I'm feeling the same way about my ps4. I've been playing PS plus games way more than retail games, and honestly I just am not feeling it. I wish I at least held off until Bloodborne, and grabbed myself a Wii u for bayo and smash or hell, a xb1 so I can hop on MC collection and sunset overdrive.

I'm feeling the same way about my ps4. I've been playing PS plus games way more than retail games, and honestly I just am not feeling it. I wish I at least held off until Bloodborne, and grabbed myself a Wii u for bayo and smash or hell, a xb1 so I can hop on MC collection and sunset overdrive.

Just sounds like people talking about the WiiU before it got games people wanted to play.

harSon

Banned
Did anyone else cop the $30 Gamer's Club Unlocked promo from Best Buy? Getting 20% off of every game, on top of $10 off is pretty damned legit. Shit's going to pay itself off in two games.

I can stomach buying games brand new if they're going to be 40 bucks a pop.

RedSwirl

I keep telling people this console generation isn't really getting started until 2015. February to be specific.

Kreed

A Bronx man says he brought his two sons to America from Senegal so they could get a good education — but their classmates doled out brutal lessons in bullying and fear-mongering, shouting at the brothers, “Go back home” to Africa amid beatings and chants of “Ebola.”

Amadou and Pape Drame were attacked Friday at IS 318 in Tremont, punched in the face and relentlessly bullied, their father said Monday.

“My name is not Ebola, it’s Amadou,” the younger brother told his tormentors before he was attacked, said dad Ousmane Drame, who urged school officials to do something.

“They call me from the school, tell me come, they’re beating your children,” said Drame, a cab driver who is raising the two kids on his own.​ “​I rush, go there, and my children were very hurt. Amadou was crying, laying on the floor, more than 10 children on top of him, beating him.”

http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/my-name-is-not-ebola-african-children-bullied-at-school/

Do y'all want to see what happens in the real estate world in Oklahoma? Why I want to die today?

Some asshole was paid. PAID. To make this.

And these real estate agents have made a "dance routine" for this shit. I just want to crawl in a hole and die. I'm glad real estate is just on the side, because if I had to be a part of this kind of shit I'd kill myself.

Man, that is exactly the kind of no-effort job I need. Why the hell can't I find anything like that in London?

RedSwirl

Anybody been noticing some commercials (in the US) implying mixed couples? Like, they'll show just one parent and a mixed-looking child. I guess it's a half baby step.

Silky

Banned
My desire to own a Wii-U grows but fuck, there's not much that I want to start with from Nintendo.

Mario Kart 8 is incredibly unappealing to me. Lack of Battle Mode, shitty new tracks, they brought in the customization from MK7 (which I really dislike as well.), lame roster.

Wonder what happened to Nintendo where they can't make good tracks for kart racers anymore. Is that why they don't make F-Zero anymore? Because they know the track selection for that game would be trash too?

DLC would be neat if I actually knew what tracks were returning other than godawful Yoshi Circuit from DD. Couldn't care less about Link/Villager/Isabele.

After that it's like, Smash U, Bayo 2, Hyrule Musou.....ehhhhhhh. *shrug.* Not worth it. Will wait for Devil's Third.

Nope. No girls allowed.

I think they've learned that lesson with Dirty Bomb. The female characters in that game are sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom