• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I went to order Papa Johns.

What the hell is this?

zDlBHI4.jpg

I swear to god Pizza chains are just making new menu items with stuff they have lying around the stores.

Throw shredded cheese and uhhhhh....uhhh...Jalapenos on our chicken nuggets.

Chicken....SELECTS!

Nintendo's gonna have to make a game that truly needs Amiibo's to get people to buy in. Having them work across multiple games is a neat idea, but you ain't gonna get that Skylanders money that way.

Skylanders made money? I don't now anyone online or off that plays it. I forget it exists most of the time, only reminded by it when I go to the game section of Wal-Mart.

Malyse

I like Dota2/League of Legends alot

Glad there's a popular multiplayer game I can finally enjoy.

Felt so lonely playing arcade mode in dead fighting games on PS2 while everyone was excited about Gears of War and Halo

I really love the design of some of the LOL characters, but I actively fucking hate playing the game.

Well actually, just the one character...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Skylanders made money? I don't now anyone online or off that plays it.

Two years ago I worked at Toys R Us for Christmas and you had all sorts of people buying them up. Even had a few couples come in and buy them for themselves together

but beyond that it's obviously targeted at kids. It's this generations pokemon sorta

Malyse

I swear to god Pizza chains are just making new menu items with stuff they have lying around the stores.

Throw shredded cheese and uhhhhh....uhhh...Jalapenos on our chicken nuggets.

Chicken....SELECTS!

Naw, that shit was somebody's lunch. Some part time kid was like check this out and someone important saw it and ran with it.

RE: Skylanders

Never underestimate children. Fucking Angry Birds is a multimillion dollar IP.

G-Fex

I'd try that

pretty sure I won't like it though.

I think I'd rather just go to a AM/PM nearby and grab one of those specially made fritos bags near the nachos and pour hot cheese and chili in it and jalapenos.

Pretty sure it's cheaper too.

ReiGun

Skylanders made money? I don't now anyone online or off that plays it. I forget it exists most of the time, only reminded by it when I go to the game section of Wal-Mart.

"As of February 2014, the Skylanders series has crossed the threshold of $2 billion sales, with 175 million toys sold since 2011" - via Wiki.

Shit prints money.

RP912

Banned
People still buy skylanders o_o?

I remember when this kid at a gamestop was hyping that shit up a while back...I didn't know it's still printing money.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I really love the design of some of the LOL characters, but I actively fucking hate playing the game.

Visually I think League is a mess. So many inconsistent styles and new characters making old ones near obsolete. It's almost like the Mugen of Mobas

Fun game though.

Malyse

Visually I think League is a mess. So many inconsistent styles and new characters making old ones near obsolete. It's almost like the Mugen of Mobas

Fun game though.
It really is just Jinx. I really only like her. Her aesthetic appeals to my fashion sensibilities.
and I really like the petite look

G-Fex

Incorrect. It's the same damn game. You must have played it before they added all the playsets in.

While we talking food

061417_em_doritos.jpg

Has anyone dared?

tell you what dream, i'll do it.

I eat junk all the time, might as well try this one.

I did like their wings before.

J10

Banned
Seeing tour busses full of white people rolling through my mostly brown neighborhood doesn't feel very good.

Apparently I'm not the only one.

The city's plan to create a new neighborhood in the South Bronx was shown to be a tough sell to locals over the weekend when residents disrupted a walking tour led by the Department of City Planning. The department wants to rebrand a 57-block corridor that is currently dotted with auto shops as "Cromwell Jerome." New housing, both affordable and market-rate, would pop up along with new retail stores after a rezoning of the area. Seeking input on the existing swath for a new study, the DCP held its second walking tour Saturday, which focused on traffic and park conditions. But half of the dozen or so locals who showed up were more interested in discussing what they saw as a major move to gentrify the area—and they were dubious.​

Kreed

Many people sure are quick to take any criticism of black people by a black person as gospel.

Meanwhile, any discussion on racism by a black person...

Because it's what they want to hear. For non black people who enjoy this "self criticism" it means less responsibility and less overall guilt about what's currently going on with black people in the US/around the world and the ability to say "It's your fault, not ours". For black people who enjoy this criticism it let's them feel superior to the black community while at the same time getting out their own frustrations from not "fitting in" with it.

Malyse

Because it's what they want to hear. For non black people who enjoy this "self criticism" it means less responsibility and less overall guilt about what's currently going on with black people in the US/around the world and the ability to say "It's your fault, not ours". For black people who enjoy this criticism it let's them feel superior to the black community while at the same time getting out their own frustrations from not "fitting in" with it.
See also: echo chamber, confirmation of personal belief.

G-Fex

Dammit, I love you, bro.
4495824+_ea0bbb6f87313d6528f41a655a2d6062.jpg

Been out for months actually.

Oddly enough I think I was going to do this before but I just didn't see it.

I see the pizzas, wings, and even the mini tacos (which I had too :p )

and the taquitos with stuff in them.

......the way those things look.

I am never ever ever trying one of those taquitos.

Trey

PM details

11173530003_a732eebaee_o.gif

That really is a deal breaker for you?

Avatar quote. While some of the complaints are valid this none news is telling about a lot "gamers".

That was the breakpoint for you?

Lol

Seriously

Man, you know damn well you weren't going to buy no PS4 don't front... Lmao

"I swear this game better be 60 fps , these muthafuckas say 59 I ain't buying shit!!"

It was. I was completely on board with buying a PS4 for Bloodborne, because honestly I've been looking for an excuse to buy a PS4 for a while. But this all was contingent on Bloodborne running at 60 fps, because I'm just not of the inclination to play action games at anything less. If it ran it the fifties, fine - I'm buying Bayonetta 2 eventually, after all. But I just check out at 30, especially since I'm used to Dark Souls on the PC where it's very smooth. Doubly so when the developer comes out and says some shit like "30 fps is better for actions games." That just lets me know things ain't right.

I'm pretty set with PC. Virtually all my gaming needs are more than satisfied on this platform, and I've expressed aggravation in the past over console exclusives. I've accepted that I'll have to play ball at a certain point, but if I'm buying a console solely for one game, I want certain accommodations. The value has to be there. And FROM games at 30 fps is not what I want in return for parting ways with nearly 500 dollars.

Understand, I was contemplating skipping out on the future installments of Halo, a franchise I love dearly, because I think the Xbox One is an extremely poor value proposition. But the love 343 put into the collection has forced my hand, in no small part to 60 fps across the board. I complain all the time (somewhat facetiously) that I have to buy an Xbox One because of MCC, but that's made a little easier because now I also want KI season 2. Consoles just don't do it for me any more, and if I'm buying into the platform for its exclusives, I have certain demands or I'll just keep it moving.

I'm not taking anything away from anyone who is fine with 30 fps. But yes, it's a deal breaker for me at its cost of admission.

Silky

Banned
Incorrect. It's the same damn game. You must have played it before they added all the playsets in.

No, it performs poorly on my PC even though it should've ran it fine. Constant frame drops, freezing, no options for windowed borderless--just a big shitshow.

--

There are great action games at 30fps tho

like DmC #kappa

harSon

Banned
11173530003_a732eebaee_o.gif

It was. I was completely on board with buying a PS4 for Bloodborne, because honestly I've been looking for an excuse to buy a PS4 for a while. But this all was contingent on Bloodborne running at 60 fps, because I'm just not of the inclination to play action games at anything less. If it ran it the fifties, fine - I'm buying Bayonetta 2 eventually, after all. But I just check out at 30, especially since I'm used to Dark Souls on the PC where it's very smooth. Doubly so when the developer comes out and says some shit like "30 fps is better for actions games." That just lets me know things ain't right.

I'm pretty set with PC. Virtually all my gaming needs are more than satisfied on this platform, and I've expressed aggravation in the past over console exclusives. I've accepted that I'll have to play ball at a certain point, but if I'm buying a console solely for one game, I want certain accommodations. The value has to be there. And FROM games at 30 fps is not what I want in return for parting ways with nearly 500 dollars.

Understand, I was contemplating skipping out on the future installments of Halo, a franchise I love dearly, because I think the Xbox One is an extremely poor value proposition. But the extreme love 343 put into the collection has forced my hand. I complain all the time (somewhat facetiously) that I have to buy an Xbox One because of MCC, but that's made a little easier because now I also want KI season 2. Consoles just don't do it for me any more, and if I'm buying into the platform for its exclusives, I have certain demands or I'll just keep it moving.

I'm not taking anything away from anyone who is fine with 30 fps. But yes, it's a deal breaker for me at its cost of admission.

My condolences bruh.

Glad I can just pick up a game and enjoy it, flaws and all.

Malyse

No, it performs poorly on my PC even though it should've ran it fine. Constant frame drops, freezing, no options for windowed borderless--just a big shitshow.

--

There are great action games at 30fps tho

like DmC #kappa

I don't know what to tell you. I sunk about 45 hours and no stutters.

Silky

Banned
Twinsanity was so good....

Actually, Spyro and Crash have gotten consistently good games, even when Spyro went into it's 'The Legend of' phase.

the Titans games for Crash? ass

Twinsanity was so good....

Actually, Spyro and Crash have gotten consistently good games, even when Spyro went into it's 'The Legend of' phase.

the Titans games for Crash? ass

The Titan games were too far removed from the series. Twinsanity was a nice mix of old and a full 3D platformer. Even its gimmick wasn't really used that much to distract from the game

Trey

My condolences bruh.

Glad I can just pick up a game and enjoy it, flaws and all.

I am not suffering. I am completely happy with my purchasing habits. The games I play I end up playing again years down the road, which is how I like it. I don't need the aggravation. I might end up buying into the PS4 ecosystem when fighters finally make the jump, but with MGSV coming to PC, I have no reason to own the system at this point.

I'll keep an eye out for Destiny 2, though. I fully expect that game to make the 60fps jump.

Also, 30fps is not a complete dealbreaker. If I like enough of the rest of the game, I'll deal with the low framerate. For example, Guild Wars 2 is one of my favorite games but it will slow to the 20-30fps range regardless of your rig when the fights get hectic (60 fps normally). It's just that DS style games lose a lot to me, running at 30fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom