• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Well, I pretty much want to die, and no I'm not calling anybody, I'm just going to sit and take it like usual.

I can't even make friends without being rejected for friendship. People hate me. I'm too weird and odd. Too punk. Too sexual. Too morbid. I love being those things, but most people hate them.

Fuck life. Fuck normative society. Fuck everyone. I don't know why I'm posting this here. Probably just because it's impersonal.

Well I think you're neat

D i Z

Well, I pretty much want to die, and no I'm not calling anybody, I'm just going to sit and take it like usual.

I can't even make friends without being rejected for friendship. People hate me. I'm too weird and odd. Too punk. Too sexual. Too morbid. I love being those things, but most people hate them.

Fuck life. Fuck normative society. Fuck everyone. I don't know why I'm posting this here. Probably just because it's impersonal.

You're posting here because there are people here that care, and will be straight up with you when you need it.

Shy

Gotg2 was great
It is.

cmf7hDd.gif

I know how you feel.

Gattsu25

Banned
Like the article said they knew what they were doing and the article is correct, Saturday (and Sunday) is the worst day to eat at the caf. Fried Chicken Wednesdays is where it's at.

This reminds me this old black man that I had been working with for the black business group I've been going to always talks about when you see planes in the sky and the white streaks they leave behind they're spraying aluminum that's designed to get us sick and on prescription drugs. Is that true?

That's a variant of the chemtrails conspiracy theory. It's bullshit in all of its forms.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I feel like white people are just now figuring out that black & brown people despise most of the "heroes" they put on a pedestal that practiced rape, slavery, and genocide. Jefferson, Columbus, Robert E. Lee, etc. It's kinda fascinating to watch in real-time.

I feel like white people are just now figuring out that black & brown people despise most of the "heroes" they put on a pedestal that practiced rape, slavery, and genocide. Jefferson, Columbus, Robert E. Lee, etc. It's kinda fascinating to watch in real-time.

You think they'll finally have the veil lifted off their eyes to see the world we have been seeing forever since we were born??

Am I wrong for feeling bugged about Patreon users kinda relying on doing more than necessary (like posting extra content) for things that should just be payed for in the first place? Like someone can't be like "a small donation a month gives you.....the shit that you're enjoying. Fuck else do you want?" lol

Who said you have to be judgmental? I'm just saying know your audience. Most Western people are going to judge that. Think of jokes made at the expense of those in the South, for instance, e.g. taking your cousin to the prom.

You probably also know that in Islam, most people only end up marrying their cousin if they were unable to find some outside person. No one's going around just marrying cousins off on the get.

Who are you to judge? A person. That's kinda what we do. It doesn't necessarily have to be some overt hate, but you can still find it weird in the way I find Nike Foamposites weird.
In terms of the show, I just find it weird how Targaryens have been doing sibling marriages for several generations (wtf, that would never last in real life) but when Jaime and Cersei do it, they have to keep it a secret. If the original royal families did it why is it frowned upon for others?

andthebeatgoeson

Props to Seth Devalve kneeling in protest
😳😳

“The United States is the greatest country in the world,” DeValve said, per USA Today. “It is because it provides opportunities to its citizens that no other country does. The issue is that it doesn’t provide equal opportunity to everybody. And I wanted to support my African-American teammates today who wanted to take a knee. We wanted to draw attention to the fact that there’s things in this country that still need to change. I myself will be raising children that don’t look like me, and I want to do my part as well to do everything I can to raise them in a better environment than we have right now.”

https://www.all22.com/cleveland-browns/browns-tight-end-seth-devalve-talks-kneeling-anthem

Getting really excited to get my games and even thinking about making another gamecube purchase as well on eBay. Might go after Sonic Mega Collection since it's cheap on eBay. Or another game.

D i Z

In terms of the show, I just find it weird how Targaryens have been doing sibling marriages for several generations (wtf, that would never last in real life) but when Jaime and Cersei do it, they have to keep it a secret. If the original royal families did it why is it frowned upon for others?

We settled this. Shuffle along.

That's a variant of the chemtrails conspiracy theory. It's bullshit in all of its forms.

One fine morning I happened to on a street corner with a reasonable looking older lady that turned out to be not so reasonable with her chem trails theories. She pointed at a plane leaving vapor in the atmosphere and then came the conspiracy theories. I really didn't think that people were that stupid, but I got a look at how far these shit has spread. I didn't cuss her out.

Sch1sm

I imagine it has something to do with the fact that Cersei was married to Robert Baratheon, and passed off all of her children as his. They made it dirty themselves by sneaking about, obviously with the motive to keep Lannisters in King's Landing.

LotusHD

Banned

giphy.gif

“The United States is the greatest country in the world,” DeValve said, per USA Today. “It is because it provides opportunities to its citizens that no other country does. The issue is that it doesn’t provide equal opportunity to everybody. And I wanted to support my African-American teammates today who wanted to take a knee. We wanted to draw attention to the fact that there’s things in this country that still need to change. I myself will be raising children that don’t look like me, and I want to do my part as well to do everything I can to raise them in a better environment than we have right now.”

12241176_461122764091507_3010261010882575897_n.jpg

Here's Seth and his wife, Erica. Seth's got skin in the game, so to speak. But from one interracial marriage person to another, thanks dude.

I imagine it has something to do with the fact that Cersei was married to Robert Baratheon, and passed off all of her children as his. They made it dirty themselves by sneaking about, obviously with the motive to keep Lannisters in King's Landing.
right, of course. not only was she cheating on the King, but she was cheating on him with her own brother. once the story ends I hope that they establish that incest (along with senseless killing) needs to be stopped

D i Z

Here's Seth and his wife, Erica. Seth's got skin in the game, so to speak. But from one interracial marriage person to another, thanks dude.

Didn't know the backstory for this guy, but him being in the huddle with the rest of his squad was enough for me to put a footnote of support on the team. Knowing this now, I can see that it means more to him. Good for that family. Just a matter of time before he gets shit for being a "race traitor" and we're going to have to close ranks around em.

andthebeatgoeson

Didn't know the backstory for this guy, but him being in the huddle with the rest of his squad was enough for me to put a footnote of support on the team. Knowing this now, I can see that it means more to him. Good for that family. Just a matter of time before he gets shit for being a "race traitor" and we're going to have to close ranks around em.
He took it to heart. But I'm liking this NFL response. They tried to bottle it up but that won't work. You banned Kap and basically threatened the other guys. Now more people are finding their courage.

And I'm over here getting worked up:

I'm going to be honest with you and drop some knowledge real quick.

When your nature exists far outside of societies norms than you have to learn to expect that those same groups are going to be keeping you at arm's length. We have done our youths a disservice by making them feel like anything will be accepted by a wide range of society, Humanity just doesn't work that way.

LotusHD

Banned
I'mma just let that thread be lol

Am I wrong for thinking Key is going to be Kel to Peele's Kenan?

No, because my friends and I been low-key thinking it since Friends From College came out. It's probably not fair to think that, but hey, we got jokes

andthebeatgoeson

You think R Kelly and Bill Cosby will meet up sometime in the future and discuss how they could have lived a great life back in the 70's?

Bill will end up saying how he would have gotten away if it wasn't for the meddlesome kids.

And Robert will say, 'I feel ya.'

Then they'll both look at each other with disgust.

Fin

D i Z

I'mma just let that thread be lol

No, because my friends and I been low-key thinking it since Friends From College came out. It's probably not fair to think that, but hey, we got jokes

I got through one episode of that and noped right out.

Top Bottom