• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

cdyhybrid

K3uRQJD.jpg

Everyday I wake up wanting to fade a hotep. I personally feel responsible for letting hoteps feel safe in black spaces and I want to make sure that in the circles I am apart of they feel the opposite. Scapegoating feminism, LGBTQs, and any other groups need to end. And I've been feeling conflicted seeing myself as pro-Black while I do nothing to push against the worst of people that look like me.

Also I want to get into Afrofuturism arts.

Erica Harris DeValve has something to say about people gassing up her husband for kneeling:

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/i-m-proud-of-my-husband-for-kneeling-during-the-anthem-1798374605

I am grateful for the widespread support and praise that Seth is getting for his actions, but I would like to offer a humble reminder that a man—a black man—literally lost his job for taking a knee, week after week, on his own. Colin Kaepernick bravely took a step and began a movement throughout the NFL, and he suffered a ridiculous amount of hate and threats and ultimately lost his life’s work in the sport he loves.

We should not see Seth’s participation as legitimizing this movement. Rather, he chose to be an ally of his black teammates. To center the focus of Monday’s demonstration solely on Seth is to distract from what our real focus should be: listening to the experiences and the voices of the black people who are using their platforms to continue to bring the issue of racism in the U.S. to the forefront. Seth, as a white individual, never has and never will truly have to feel the weight and burden of racial discrimination and racial oppression. No white person does or will. But all white people should care and take a stand against its prevalence in this country.

man I feel like I need to get away

How safe is it for a black man to buy a plane ticket to Tokyo without no hope of hotel or anything

Just thinking of taking a backpack and buy a train pass and just wander around Japan for a few weeks without an aim.

I always wanted to go and I am seeing $480 round trip cheap ass flights from some Chinese airline out of NYC - JFK

How safe is it for a black man to buy a plane ticket to Tokyo without no hope of hotel or anything

Just thinking of taking a backpack and buy a train pass and just wander around Japan for a few weeks without an aim.

I always wanted to go and I am seeing $480 round trip cheap ass flights from some Chinese airline out of NYC - JFK

worst case scencario, you can sleep and shower at the larger 24 hour internet cafes. try to learn some basic phrases (please/thank you, how much___, where___) beforehand and it'll be easier

It's doable. I'd yeah, learn basic phrases you should know for any language when you travel (hello, where is X, thank you), and look into tenting, it's pretty cheap. Airbnb has JP listings for major cities also so you can use that if you need.

Make SURE you have a debit or credit card that works there.

I hope everything is alright. Sorry, I don't know the risk.

worst case scencario, you can sleep and shower at the larger 24 hour internet cafes. try to learn some basic phrases (please/thank you, how much___, where___) beforehand and it'll be easier

I hope everything is alright. Sorry, I don't know the risk.

thanks guys

bad news is I forgot my Passport is expired ugh

:( got to try and get this thing renewed this week at least send the application out

D i Z

Those flights are crazy cheap. I'd say book one, but take a bit of time to do it right. Don't run away, run to it with a plan.

What yo black ass bout to be doing in Korea?

In the Air Force and got a email telling me I will be leaving. It is not right now but in some months.

Ironically, it's all the black people who are getting these orders too. 😂

I'm just excited for the food. Not ready for the weird shit that comes with my skin color.

Good for you.

BTW, watch out for Slayven inside your baggage.

He gonna catch a boot.

Slayven

In the Air Force and got a email telling me I will be leaving. It is not right now but in some months.

Ironically, it's all the black people who are getting these orders too. 😂

I'm just excited for the food. Not ready for the weird shit that comes with my skin color.

He gonna catch a boot.

You going to mess around and get hit with the five deadly venoms of Slayven

D i Z

why though?

Because all you do is throw bait, and claim that you just didn't know any better when clearly you do. Every.Single.Time.
You are incapable of evolving your trolling.
You aren't worth the time to work on you, and some here actually do take that time.
I have ZERO respect for you. Bottom line.

Thanks for asking.

Your profile pic is very appropriate btw. I see why you chose it.

TheSun

Well, thankfully everything turned out well since the last time. Still was a rough day. Im definitely not out of the woods yet.

----tangent----

Man, I just can't get into super hero films, as well as tv. But hey at least when I'm invited to watch one of the damn movies I get free nachos~

Top Bottom