• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Dereck

Because all you do is throw bait, and claim that you just didn't know any better when clearly you do. Every.Single.Time.
This isn't any of my business and I wasn't a part of the conversation what so ever, but anecdotally I notice this about you at times. Referring to artisan.

DICk2CZVYAA7ptC.jpg:large

God is good

Skittles

Taylors new song may be the worst diss track I've ever heard in my life.

Also, finally went back to my boxing gym and encountered a paranoid dick head who was just tryin to start some shit. I can already tell it's gonna be one of those semesters.

Aight y'all that's it, we got the last bit of Half life shit we're ever gonna get unless Valve throws some waifus in and makes it a hero shooter.

Wrap it up, back the trucks on up, it's over.

Vice was talking about Bernie already fucking up during Trump's rally. Not bringing up Charlottesville or any of the race issues Trump has brought back to the surface vs talking about the same 2016 campaign promises and his supporters wanting him to leave the Democratic party.

Yep, just learning the wrong lessons or, worse, learning NO lessons and thinking that'll be fine and all will break our way next year and in 2020.

cdyhybrid

cdyhybrid

I'm tempted to say I'll never complain about Blizzard or Bethesda again.

Not going to actually go that far, but at least they appear to give the tiniest of shits about their franchises.

Fuck.

I'm tempted to say I'll never complain about Blizzard or Bethesda again.

Not going to actually go that far, but at least they appear to give the tiniest of shits about their franchises.

Fuck.
A DECADE of cock teasing and being coy about it and making jokes and memes vidoes (these things take time).

Like Jesus fucking Christ have at least some basic respect for us as consumers and tell us it's dead and buried instead of making it a joke to laugh at. It's not hard to just give the fans that are left closure instead of ten years of non answers.

Really does make me mad.

LotusHD

Banned
Y'all gotta watch this Death Note movie. Just says fuck the source material, but it such a goddamn entertaining mess lmao, enjoying it absolutely for the wrong reasons

shingi70

Banned
Whelp, that Cameron Wonder Thread went about how I expected it. Why cant people admit that his comments where shitty and becuase your not a woman or Poc of color you won't understand the next persons worldview.

Aight y'all that's it, we got the last bit of Half life shit we're ever gonna get unless Valve throws some waifus in and makes it a hero shooter.

Wrap it up, back the trucks on up, it's over.

Yep, just learning the wrong lessons or, worse, learning NO lessons and thinking that'll be fine and all will break our way next year and in 2020.

I really hate Gabe for this. For god sakes, we should have gotten closure years ago. But no, instead we got hats and crates, knives and gun skins. Sure steam is a monopoly but you should never forget where you started, valve. Shit.....that would have been an awesome game.

Malyse

Publishing a game on Vita instead of Switch is a questionable decision, particularly when said game 1. first came out on the SNES and 2. features local co-op as one of its main gameplay conceits.

Faustek

Afternoon kin,

Congratulations Yaphett Kotto. Ask Feenix for advice. I hear he was a hit over there.

This one.

Gonna need the incense sticks to purify the air in here after that ass whooping.

This was satisfying to watch. Especially after reading that statement.

Afternoon fam

Sup?

I didn't have anything bad to say about Little Witch Academia until I saw this:
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/v06mVSd.jpg[/img]

It's usually like that. Think really hard and try to remember each time you've seen a black character in Anime. Now tell me you haven't gone "fo real?" or just sighed. There are a few good out there though. So it's not all fucked up but still the fucked up part is in majority.

Edit: oh and when they don't have all that everyone will go Ganguro. Like our Ganguro squiddlings. -.-

Morning y'all.

Anyone taking in this new Dave East album?

Afternoon.

Secret of Mana Remake that is...oddly not coming to a Nintendo console

Nothing odd about it at all. They probably started working on this version before the Switch was out. Say it's odd again in 6 months.

Edit: Especially with the Switch already gotten the 3 original games.

Dereck

Nothing odd about it at all. They probably started working on this version before the Switch was out. Say it's odd again in 6 months.

Edit: Especially with the Switch already gotten the 3 original games.
I was referring to the original being on the SNES, but I wasn't aware of the other things you brought up

It's usually like that. Think really hard and try to remember each time you've seen a black character in Anime. Now tell me you haven't gone "fo real?" or just sighed. There are a few good out there though. So it's not all fucked up but still the fucked up part is in majority.

Hmm. Not sure what my initial reaction to Yourchi from Bleach was like....does Afro from Afro Samurai count as a real anime character? The studio that did the Production is Japanese but the conception is all African American.

Surprisingly Final Fantasy does a pretty good job with Black Characters (when they tried) Barret and Sazh may be the most nuanced black characters to ever come out of Japan.

Faustek

I was referring to the original being on the SNES, but I wasn't aware of the other things you brought up

They are really good. Press a button and you switch between graphical modes. Zoomed in or og. Only weird part is that the Vita version of the first game or the GBC version isn't included.

Hmm. Not sure what my initial reaction to Yourchi from Bleach was like....does Afro from Afro Samurai count as a real anime character? The studio that did the Production is Japanese but the conception is all African American.

Surprisingly Final Fantasy does a pretty good job with Black Characters (when they tried) Barret and Sazh may be the most nuanced black characters to ever come out of Japan.

The reason Why *I* think Afro Samurai is that good is because of the author/artist actually enjoyed black culture as young and imitated what he saw coming from the states. I think that because I remember tidbits here and there when he has commented on it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Don't think so thou.

As for Yoruichi, I remember my reaction as being "hell yes".
Barret was only the way he was thanks to the localisation team. I do know that some people have a beef with him but I enjoyed that they changed up his lingo for the Western release. Sometimes. In the Japanese text he is just plain grumpy.

Also fuck anyone who still tries to stan for Terra Formars.

Johndoey

Banned
Jesus Lotus you weren't kidding about this movie. This is opening the hackneyed high school revenge set-up I've ever seen.
--
Is this a parody? Is this like a Starship Troopers situation of low key mocking the source material?

Because if that's what they're going for it's amazing so far.
--
But assuming it's serious one of the interesting things about Death Note was the nature of the relationship between Light and Ryuk. Ryuk is bored and Light is bored and amoral. You give Light a reason legitimate reason for doing things and he's immediately a less interesting character.

I don't know it's still early maybe I'll come around.

Someone said something about black characters in anime?
tumblr_na7witPTyU1rbacueo1_1280.jpg

--

I don't quite get the hype around a 7/10 movie like Wonder Woman, but I know if Black Panther was 7/10 I would still treat it as a gift from the heavens. It's cool to see different groups get excited by inclusive movies.

Top Bottom