• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Johndoey

Banned
I thought about getting into DBZ Super, but realized I don't want that nonsense in my life
Whis though. Can't say I've particularly enjoyed any of what I've watched of it honestly.
---
I'm having muscle spasms everytime I smell this bottle of white rum I got.

Shy

Slayven

One Piece's problem is Oda loves the build up and laying down shit that won't pay off for another 300 chapters. That and no one has really got to stunt since their timeskip. Sure Luffy got Gear 4th but we haven't really seen anything from it, and Zoro barely has even drawn his sword since they got back together

Sup peeps

Question for anyone whose been keep score. Have the cleaveland browns supported or shunned their players for kneeling? With the cops being vocal about their protest, I've been wondering how to show support for the team and players (that is IF they actually decided to somewhat ride with them)

Merc_

One Piece's problem is Oda loves the build up and laying down shit that won't pay off for another 300 chapters. That and no one has really got to stunt since their timeskip. Sure Luffy got Gear 4th but we haven't really seen anything from it, and Zoro barely has even drawn his sword since they got back together

It doesn't help that even after the time skip they are still struggling to the point where it feels like it's going to take even more time to be on par with taking down the strongest crews.

Sanji's been getting his ass kicked all over the place even though he's supposed to be third strongest on the crew.

I would like to recommend an old film to all of you. It's called Uptight, it was made in 1968, it's about revolution in the post King assassination US, and it's set in Cleveland, Ohio. It's got Raymond St. Jacques, Roscoe Lee Browne, Ruby Dee, and Julian Mayfield kills it as the main character. Plus the soundtrack is by Booker T. and the M.G.'s. Parts are problematic, but it's overall excellent.

It doesn't help that even after the time skip they are still struggling to the point where it feels like it's going to take even more time to be on par with taking down the strongest crews.

Sanji's been getting his ass kicked all over the place even though he's supposed to be third strongest on the crew.

Has Nami done anything important besides growing out her bra size?

Slayven

And they about fight Kaidou next? WHo suppose to be ever more powerful than big mom?

I give Oda credit for creating Haki to balance out power creep. Anyone can get haki, and it is flexible enough to keep up with devil fruit powers. Big Mom's kid trained his enough to see the future, I can't wait until someone trains their armor haki to do crazy shit

I would like to recommend an old film to all of you. It's called Uptight, it was made in 1968, it's about revolution in the post King assassination US, and it's set in Cleveland, Ohio. It's got Raymond St. Jacques, Roscoe Lee Browne, Ruby Dee, and Julian Mayfield kills it as the main character. Plus the soundtrack is by Booker T. and the M.G.'s. Parts are problematic, but it's overall excellent.

Can it be found on any of the regular streaming services?

I'll definitely be watching this one soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

LotusHD

Banned
I thought about getting into DBZ Super, but realized I don't want that nonsense in my life

What nonsense?

They should have made this about One Piece if they really wanted some anime/manga heat.

Oh please, it gets a fair amount of criticism since the timeskip, but it's always been the most consistent quality-wise when compared to the other big shounen anime. And you're definitely not going to have anyone stan for the anime itself. And even with the manga, people usually say it's the best shounen manga, rather than the best manga period. Never had a huge blow-up like DBZ or even Naruto did as far as America is concerned.

Setting stuff for later, I don't see how that's an issue. That's a damn strength, and it's great that readers can take comfort knowing that they're reading a manga has so much future plots to look forward to. But at the same time, when we're in an arc, we still got more than enough cool stuff happening in said arc, so you're not really left waiting for the next cool thing to happen. There may be some impatience regarding certain things, but it's not like you're engaging with something hella boring in the meantime.

As for the 2nd point, that's a more fair criticism, though this current arc is taking care of that for the weaker members, so that's nice. And presumably the next one is gonna take care of everyone considering the threat that is Kaido and his army.

One Piece is legitimately great.

Ya

I can't get mad at that. Last thing people want is what we got in Fishman Island, where they curbstomp everyone. Warlords and Yonkos, not to mention the Admirals, it's realistic that they'd still need to pull out all the stops in order to beat enemies that basically have armies at their disposal. The timeskip is partly to step around the fact that Oda doesn't bother with training arcs, because nobody got time for that, especially in this manga.

Has Nami done anything important besides growing out her bra size?

She has, especially with this current arc. I never really got why people came for Nami (and Robin too I guess) specifically instead of Oda himself. Yes he made her boobs bigger, but like, she still does shit as always lmao

And they about fight Kaidou next? WHo suppose to be ever more powerful than big mom?

I give Oda credit for creating Haki to balance out power creep. Anyone can get haki, and it is flexible enough to keep up with devil fruit powers. Big Mom's kid trained his enough to see the future, I can't wait until someone trains their armor haki to do crazy shit

Luffy can make Haki tattoos now, he learning lmao

Do any of you know where I can get ps plus cards on the cheap in the US? They don't sell the 3 month cards anymore and now my only option is the one year card.

Bookmarked for later viewing. Thank you.

Boy... this forum does a great job for arguing why a dude can be assed nekkid in the street... but as soon as it comes to a race thread....

#ButThatsNoneOfMyBusiness

Malyse

Boy... this forum does a great job for arguing why a dude can be assed nekkid in the street... but as soon as it comes to a race thread....

#ButThatsNoneOfMyBusiness

I almost went straight up Hamilton Cabinet Battle #2 on that thread.
"You must be out of your GODDAMN MIND if you think"

Top Bottom