• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

The Future Arc of Hitman Reborn made no sense.

CoWZ05t.gif

Hitman Reborn is trash and the Future Arc is everything bad about the series boiled down to its base. Pointless filler, throwaway characters, dumb pokemon bullcrap and stopping the plot to train more. There are 13 episode arcs in between seasons that are there to fill time. To top it all off, the conclusion is unsatisfactory and rage inducing if you read the manga after you are done. Stop before its too late.

I wish i did.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I thought about getting into DBZ Super, but realized I don't want that nonsense in my life

I've watched the first two arcs worth of the english dub on Toonami.

Dub is fantastic, comedy is actually pretty good, fights/story are bad, animation is pretty terrible.

I've watched the first two arcs worth of the english dub on Toonami.

Dub is fantastic, comedy is actually pretty good, fights/story are bad, animation is pretty terrible.
Thats pretty much how it goes all the way. Fights get slightly better but not much.

andthebeatgoeson

Sup peeps

Question for anyone whose been keep score. Have the cleaveland browns supported or shunned their players for kneeling? With the cops being vocal about their protest, I've been wondering how to show support for the team and players (that is IF they actually decided to somewhat ride with them)
They've been cowardly. Their head coach, a black man, said he didn't want protests from happening. But the NFL can't stop it so they walk this thin line hoping it just goes away. Every NFL owner condones racism because racists buy a lot of tickets. They've spent decades building up the temple of cop and military worship. They fly the flag, have the slaves talk about 9/11 and how they can give back to the community while they pick our pockets asking for handouts on billion dollar stadiums while inner city schools crumble.

It's funny because the NBA had largely endured their white flight already. Jordan retired and the NBA only had AI and the hip hop generation. They lost a few steps but seem more immune to racist outcry currently. NBA fans have allowed the full racists to leave and go to NASCAR, all levels of football. And now football is experiencing a withdrawal on every level because their players are turning their brain into mush. The NBA and soccer, to an extent, are seemingly positioned well over the next decade as the NFL doesn't have the balls to protect their players, let alone defend their rights to free speech.

So the NFL is interested in their own popularity but that will be hard over the next 10 years. Anybody anticipate this new civil rights era l dissipating? Fuck no. The NFL will stand at that friction point and not do anything substantial besides coddle the ignorant. With black bodies as their predominant product.

Expect any progress to be slow and outdated.

Kreed

Oh please, it gets a fair amount of criticism since the timeskip, but it's always been the most consistent quality-wise when compared to the other big shounen anime. And you're definitely not going to have anyone stan for the anime itself. And even with the manga, people usually say it's the best shounen manga, rather than the best manga period. Never had a huge blow-up like DBZ or even Naruto did as far as America is concerned.

See, this is what I'm talking about. Anime/Manga fans aren't putting out this kind of passion for Dragon Ball Z click bait articles. If you're going to stir the pot, do it right.

Honest to God though I add mustard to my chicken Curry and it's delicious.

Curry goat stands alone, no extra anything. That and a fresh pot of white rice, perfection.

Cmon son

I knew it

I feel like Richard Hallorann from the shinning

They've been cowards .

Oh I know most if not all the higher ups in the NFL have been that way. People write in, call and are real vocal about boycotting when it comes to showing their disapproval of all things relating to this protest. I've wondered what the reverse would look like.

Imagine if all of a sudden they announced "since protesting the viewer ship for the Browns has gone up." Or "merchandise and such are at an all time high"

These owners only give a shit about money, that's true. Same goes for politicians and higher ups anywhere. I wonder how an increase in revenue would change minds on the matter though.

Same with whatever team picks up Kaep, if ever. Most teams just get hate mail on the idea but I wonder if they also get the opposite? Do people write in an say "I'd be supportive of players kneeling or signing of positive athletes."

CoWZ05t.gif

Hitman Reborn is trash and the Future Arc is everything bad about the series boiled down to its base. Pointless filler, throwaway characters, dumb pokemon bullcrap and stopping the plot to train more. There are 13 episode arcs in between seasons that are there to fill time. To top it all off, the conclusion is unsatisfactory and rage inducing if you read the manga after you are done. Stop before its too late.

I wish i did.

lmao! After this, I steered away from the entire series.

I don't know. I borrowed it from the local library.

Ugh..lol Doubt that'll be in my area of wealthy old white folks. I'll ask Jean to look, tho..maybe she can ask for a copy to be transferred over. Thanks for the recommendation.

---

HOW?!?! 😂😂😂

It looks like the full film is on YouTube

I'm at a cookout right now. Trans Europe Express is played at every event like this with older black folks, I love it.

lmao! After this, I steered away from the entire series.
Reborn Spoilers:
halfway through the future arc it's revealed that the seven Funeral Wreaths they've trained to fight are just a bunch of jobbers for the REAL Funeral Wreaths who can fuse with their animal rings. Also, Tsuna and his friends are exact parallels to the first vongola boss and there is a filler time travel arc where they go back in time to train with them before the final fight. It's dumb.

Aiustis

Why do white people have the worst sidewalk etiquette? Any space really. Had to shoulder check a bitch today.

Actually just the heteronormative ones.

Reborn Spoilers:
halfway through the future arc it's revealed that the seven Funeral Wreaths they've trained to fight are just a bunch of jobbers for the REAL Funeral Wreaths who can fuse with their animal rings. Also, Tsuna and his friends are exact parallels to the first vongola boss and there is a filler time travel arc where they go back in time to train with them before the final fight. It's dumb.

giphy.gif

Reborn Spoilers:

MbW8ahF.png

What?

FiggyCal

Banned
Reborn Spoilers:

That's dumb.

If I ever needed to be reminded about how sterotypical and frat ish white people can get I got it today when I went kayaking on the Guadalupe River in San Marcos

Reborn Spoilers:

This is where the series shit the bed for me.

Young Magus

Michael Jordan is infamous for denying Chamillionaire a photo op and autograph because MJ, and I quote, "ain't taking a picture with no nigga." I'm not sure why The Coli chose that pic though, but it's one of the more famous MJ smileys to use aside from
t3qUrKJ.png
and
cknxOtm.png

Cuz of the 'stach

Get a good look at it

andthebeatgoeson

You know theres fukkery with it somewhere. Probably got pickles in it or some shit.

The curry is actually spicy mustard

Honest to God though I add mustard to my chicken Curry and it's delicious.

Curry goat stands alone, no extra anything. That and a fresh pot of white rice, perfection.

I knew it

This needs to go on the wall. John Doey ladies and gentlemen.

Top Bottom