• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

Man, I don't even remember who's name is who on psn to send out invites. So anyone that wants an invite into the PSN Destiny 2 group needs to hit me up. DM me. I'm putting it together now so that you guys can get into it at asap.

Note: that this isn't a clan, just a group. I don't think we have enough players here to sustain a clan, so best to be joining one of the many reg Gaf ones. Unless of course we do, but I seriously doubt it.

Man, I don't even remember who's name is who on psn to send out invites. So anyone that wants an invite into the PSN Destiny 2 group needs to hit me up. DM me. I'm putting it together now so that you guys can get into it at asap.

Note: that this isn't a clan, just a group. I don't think we have enough players here to sustain a clan, so best to be joining one of the many reg Gaf ones. Unless of course we do, but I seriously doubt it.

I don't have Destiny, but I'm willing to play anything else.

This is fine. I feel like clans are more of a commitment lol.

D i Z

And the latest in #blackgirlmagic:

https://blavity.com/for-the-first-time-in-us-open-history-three-black-women-will-play-in-the-semifinals?utm_content=bufferb554e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

For the first time in U.S. Open History, three black women will play in the semifinals.

Venus Williams
Sloane Stephens
Madison Keys

Put some respek on those names.

They're all US players too.

Edit: I guess you covered that part with the "US Open" part of your post. My point was more that nobody knows who they are, but this is huge. Maybe there are more worldwide that we just don't ever see.

Slayven

What do y'all think about HBCUs? I didn't go to one, but was curious about them. I heard a couple of black gaming YouTubers call them daycares for niggas which I find disrespectful.

Young Magus

What do y'all think about HBCUs? I didn't go to one, but was curious about them. I heard a couple of black gaming YouTubers call them daycares for niggas which I find disrespectful.

On one hand:
They offer a chance to connect with folks of your own background combined with your interest and potential long term goals. And can bulid a good foundation for knowin your history. Good chance to meet other black folk in the higher ed diaspora

On the other hand:
These schools suffer the most from college cutbacks and underfunding in terms of staff and student needs. Most schools are in danger of being underqualified and ill equipped for that post college life depending on what ya wanna do. And outside of frats/sororities most schools may not offer much in networkin

LionPride

Banned
Most HBCUs are not given the money needed to succeed and sometimes present more challenges for attendees. Upside, you're around a diverse set of people black, or otherwise.

I ain't apply to one because Howard was the only one that even appealed to me and I was fine not goin there. Plus I didn't wanna just be around black folk constantly. Wanted more diversity. Funny enough, goin to a PWI, I'm connecting more with minorities up here

Bronx-Man

Banned
Looking forward to the Rule 34 with the new Ms. Frizzle

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

On one hand:
They offer a chance to connect with folks of your own background combined with your interest and potential long term goals. And can bulid a good foundation for knowin your history. Good chance to meet other black folk in the higher ed diaspora

On the other hand:
These schools suffer the most from college cutbacks and underfunding in terms of staff and student needs. Most schools are in danger of being underqualified and ill equipped for that post college life depending on what ya wanna do. And outside of frats/sororities most schools may not offer much in networkin

I wish I went to one, just to be around the diversity of that many black people. I'm sure it's an enriching experience.

Most HBCUs are not given the money needed to succeed and sometimes present more challenges for attendees. Upside, you're around a diverse set of people black, or otherwise.

I ain't apply to one because Howard was the only one that even appealed to me and I was fine not goin there. Plus I didn't wanna just be around black folk constantly. Wanted more diversity. Funny enough, goin to a PWI, I'm connecting more with minorities up here
Why are they underfunded? The two I've been on do look shabbier than the white ones.

Young Magus

Looking forward to the Rule 34 with the new Ms. Frizzle

985%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20no%20shake_head%20shane_mcmahon%20wwf.gif

Why are they underfunded? The two I've been on do look shabbier than the white ones.

Not many students go there or stay (which helps with fundin more than you think) and those schools often depend on gov funding the most. So when folks talk bout "FREE COLLEGE 4 ERRBODY AYYYYY" it only means that HBCU's will.get.FUCKED

andthebeatgoeson

I had a great time. Wasn't the best school but it was the right one for me, at the time. It was right for me to see so many black people doing well and succeeding in different areas. It was a great foundation in life, for me.

andthebeatgoeson

Usually they are state schools and a finite bucket. For us, it was fsu down the street and us (famu). There was always talk about how they wanted more money or we should close. To them, we probably prevented them from doing certain things. I don't have in depth knowledge but there was always tension between us and the state.

Is that her sister? Clone?

What am i looking at

Yeah, that's her sister. OG Frizzle goes by Professor Frizzle now and hands the keys to the magic school bus to her little sister, Ms. Frizzle.

On the weekends, she scoops me in the MSB and stars in a series of commission art pieces where she's the reason I cheat on my longtime girlfriend Velma Dinkley.

Top Bottom