• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

DMVfan123

Banned
Evening y'all
Just got my new laptop two weeks into the semester...Was borrowing my parents' until it came in
Installed XCOM, any other suggestions?

Beefy

Nah. Salma got it done, and Electra was better in this than The Defenders.

I was on about the main leads. Salma was good, but hardly in it.

-------------------------------------------

When we on about barbers, my barber is gone. Dude sold his shop to some women as he was in debt for spending shit loads of cash on tech.

D i Z

I was on about the main leads. Salma was good, but hardly in it.

-------------------------------------------

When we on about barbers, my barber is gone. Dude sold his shop to some women as he was in debt for spending shit loads of cash on tech.

I mean, they are the main female leads. There's one other woman that I don't know, but the two of them rep 2/3 for the women in the film and don't drop the ball at all.

TheSun

K, so I might book it out of state. I mean it seems like the highest probability.

Today was something. It was like the beginning of that movie "seeking a friend for the end of the world".

Wake up to take the garbage out to see people just packing it out while others install protection.

the gas pump lines are still big as hell. Trying to get wood probably needs a day wait. Folks running in and out of any store that sells water.

Well, tomorrow is gonna be a crappy day. Hope I can get some gas.

Johndoey

Banned
Alright Destiny makes a much much better first impression than D1, I actually want to explore the Zones now. Appearance customization options are still lacking. Can't wait to hook up with y'all and do a couple strikes, just need a decent headset. I'm not even trying to be reductive when I say this, but honestly this game feels like what Destiny should've been from jump street.
Still need to jump into the Crucible.
Was half asleep and thought this was a clip from Black Panther lol. Solid choreography

Kinda wanna play Destiny 2 but still need to play the first one haha. By the time I get to the 2nd most of BCT been moved on

Nah you can skip D1 at this point. Just start fresh with D2 so you can keep pace with everyone else.

Alright Destiny makes a much much better first impression than D1, I actually want to explore the Zones now. Appearance customization options are still lacking. Can't wait to hook up with y'all and do a couple strikes, just need a decent headset. I'm not even trying to be reductive when I say this, but honestly this game feels like what Destiny should've been from jump street.
Still need to jump into the Crucible.

Nah you can skip D1 at this point. Just start fresh with D2 so you can keep pace with everyone else.

Join Diz's group if you on PS4.

andthebeatgoeson

Probably have a group of peoples coming up, trying to avoid Irma. They live in Orlando but have a bunch of trees around them.

Shit, i saw one track that brings it right up into Georgia. Hopefully it deflects because we got a bunch of trees around us.

Johndoey

Banned
You right in line?

Managed to get everything before the rush really started up and thankfully I got a grill in the back in case the power goes. Last big Hurricane we got, I was caught out, had almost no supplies. Nothing I want to experience again.

Beefy

Managed to get everything before the rush really started up and thankfully I got a grill in the back in case the power goes. Last big Hurricane we got, I was caught out, had almost no supplies. Nothing I want to experience again.

Damn, stay safe man

The First White President: The foundation of Donald Trump's presidency is the negation of Barack Obama's legacy, written by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

To Trump, whiteness is neither notional nor symbolic but is the very core of his power. In this, Trump is not singular. But whereas his forebears carried whiteness like an ancestral talisman, Trump cracked the glowing amulet open, releasing its eldritch energies. The repercussions are striking: Trump is the first president to have served in no public capacity before ascending to his perch. But more telling, Trump is also the first president to have publicly affirmed that his daughter is a ”piece of ass." The mind seizes trying to imagine a black man extolling the virtues of sexual assault on tape (”When you're a star, they let you do it"), fending off multiple accusations of such assaults, immersed in multiple lawsuits for allegedly fraudulent business dealings, exhorting his followers to violence, and then strolling into the White House. But that is the point of white supremacy—to ensure that that which all others achieve with maximal effort, white people (particularly white men) achieve with minimal qualification. Barack Obama delivered to black people the hoary message that if they work twice as hard as white people, anything is possible. But Trump's counter is persuasive: Work half as hard as black people, and even more is possible.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...irst-white-president-ta-nehisi-coates/537909/

An amazing read, y'all. Give them the clicks.

Any good podcast out there?
Any black related and/or gamimg related
The Bodega Boys by Desus and Mero.

Top Bottom