• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Slayven

That's the weirdest thing, made a goddamn stealth sequel to a series of Stephen King books. Shit makes no sense.

It's too bad since Elba as Roland is totally alright, and MM as Flagg is at least interesting.

The movie being a "secret" sequel is fucking weird.

There's like what, 10 of those fucking books? This shit ain't Harry Potter.

How did that shit even leave the meeting? You should get told to leave for just suggesting that shit

D i Z

I dunno, Nazi dude is 96 so it's not like prison, especially in an actual first world country, is going to be any worse than his regular life.

Feel like you might as well just put him to death at that point, or do something else to make him useful while he's still breathing.

We could have him make signs for AntiFa in Europe.

I am am drink too much.

Adding you to the road trip with Fawful and myself.

We're gonna have a great time.

vintage-car-crash.gif

D i Z

Whats happening now?

His press briefing about people they don't want made mention of "unemployed" African Americans alongside non English speakers and Mexicans as the problem to be solved. Also, the push to give white dudes a leg up over everyone else with the movement against affirmative action. Not a peep about those unemployed white folks eating up the welfare and getting high as fuck on pain killers though.

Slayven

His press briefing about people they don't want made mention of "unemployed" African Americans alongside non English speakers and Mexicans as the problem to be solved. Also, the push to give white dudes a leg up over everyone else with the movement against affirmative action. Not a peep about those unemployed white folks eating up the welfare and getting high as fuck on pain killers though.

They really ripped off the masks and just being balls out

Johndoey

Banned
Clive Barker is the superior horror novelist.

I won't fight you on that, but King wrote Salem's Lot and Sun Dog so he's the undisputed horror champ in my book.
--
I need to rope my mother into watching Good Morning Call so we can yell at the screen together.

D i Z

They really ripped off the masks and just being balls out

They can actually fuck around and do that with all of the smoke and mirrors shit they are pulling for their real objectives. Some of them are in it to do this work, most are there to get paid. This is smoke for other movements.

Ugh son of a bitch I think I've got pneumonia. Feeling all the tell tale signs coming on early.

You better go get that treated. Don't you leave me here by myself with these savages.

Johndoey

Banned
What Stephen King book should I read first

The Shining or Shawshank. The Long Walk is also a good option. Or if you can track down a copy of Four Past Midnight, all of those stories are solid options. The Sun Dog is a personal favorite. Salem's Lot is a good, slow-ish burn.

Johndoey

Banned
Nao is a goddamn mess.

Get your shit together woman.

Yuri is a real pal.

Yuri has some issues.

Daichi is a real pal.

Please someone send help

Bonding over milk pudding.

Slayven

Clive Barker is the superior horror novelist.
Read 2 Clive Barker novels. The one where vampires come from mars and the other one where the guy can talk to ghosts.
Good Morning Call, Japanese high school rom com, it's terrifically dull.

I love it.

Watch Smartphone is in Brain, it is about a spineless nice dude that get fused with a smartphone and the his hot coworker that wants to use his new powers for evil.

Shy

Even though i don't like (or know anything about) the NFL. I thought this video about Colin Kaepernick was funny.

Also came across this Facbook vid too.
16 facts about Bass Reeves, the greatest lawman of the Wild West.
Black Panther looked into the eye of the Kajiu, and the kaiju blinked
Hopefully they'll put that in the sequel.
How you gonna fuck up Dark Tower? It's a western with wizards.
Is it bad ?

I'm still going to see it on the 17th.

Slayven

Hopefully they'll put that in the sequel.

Is it bad ?

I'm still going to see it on the 17th.

One of the reviews for the movie

This final product reminds me a lot of the GOP healthcare plan: You’ve had all this time and THIS is what you come up with? I can already picture John McCain strolling into a theater this weekend, giving a dramatic thumbs down, killing The Dark Tower forever.

LOL dude sounds 38 hot.

Faustek

Btw Slayven that manga you where reading about animals biting of heads and such, was it lives? From the dude that did the Battle Royale art?

Good Morning Call, Japanese high school rom com, it's terrifically dull.

I love it.

terrifically dull...and you love it. John. Don't let them be right about you. You can be better.

--

Read Generations....so is this the new Marvel thing yall where annoyed with last week?

Slayven

Btw Slayven that manga you where reading about animals biting of heads and such, was it lives? From the dude that did the Battle Royale art?

terrifically dull...and you love it. John. Don't let them be right about you. You can be better.

--

Read Generations....so is this the new Marvel thing yall where annoyed with last week?

Doesn't look like it, the manga is called Okitenemuru.

Johndoey

Banned
Read 2 Clive Barker novels. The one where vampires come from mars and the other one where the guy can talk to ghosts.

Watch Smartphone is in Brain, it is about a spineless nice dude that get fused with a smartphone and the his hot coworker that wants to use his new powers for evil.

Reminds me I need to finish iBoy. Movie was better than it had any right to be.

Johndoey

Banned

I feel like the only way to salvage this iteration of Danny is to go hard on the naive dipshit aspect of the character and make him the resident asshole that just happens to have super martial arts.

That is the Excutioner from Gotham, his origin
is he became evil after some blood got in his eye/ I am not joking

It's the Tetch rage virus, it makes perfect sense in context. It all works.

D i Z

That is the Excutioner from Gotham, his origin
is he became evil after some blood got in his eye/ I am not joking

Gotham still got the best gams on tv, so I can't hate.

I feel like the only way to salvage this iteration of Danny is to go hard on the naive dipshit aspect of the character and make him the resident asshole that just happens to have super martial arts.

Everytime I see this dude, I have a well of disappointment boil over that I didn't know existed within me. Everything I see says to me that this is going to crush down a little harder.

LotusHD

Banned
Some of the reviews actually point out that there might be hope for Danny yet
Yea I know, I don't believe them either
, that they even call him out as well.

D i Z

The problem with Danny is that he's supposed to be shit. But he's still a fucking master in our understanding. Just not one on a scale that we've seen. They worked way too hard to have the actor avoid fights, because they didn't know how to do fights, and he can't fight for shit.

Faustek

I was before i watched Iron Fist. And that killed a lot of the hype for me.

Feel ya :(

The saving grace is that he said that they really had little time to actually shot the series. So perhaps he can make it work now. Especially as he isn't the main and the team from DD is there.

--

Diz that's Hollywood in general. As soon as Hollywood have anything close to fighting it always ends up bad.

Top Bottom