• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

LotusHD

Banned
Please tell me I'm not the only one kinda excited for the show. Pretty sure it won't be great but damn it. I want it.

A little, just gotta forget about Danny tbh. I just wanna get it over with now.

The only stuff I'm legitimately hyped for is Daredevil S3, because of the presumed Fisk reappearance. JJ S2, it's missing Kilgrave, so I dunno how I feel, but Jessica's my favorite, so I'll enjoy it regardless.

Luke Cage S2, no Diamondback presumably, so there's hope. Punisher show... I still don't know why they made this, and the excerpt I read about the trailer we haven't seen yet kind of unnerves me. Iron Fist S2, Misty's in there, so I will pray and hope that her and Colleen dump this show and do a spinoff together.

Johndoey

Banned
The problem with Danny is that he's supposed to be shit. But he's still a fucking master in our understanding. Just not one on a scale that we've seen. They worked way too hard to have the actor avoid fights, because they didn't know how to do fights, and he can't fight for shit.

Hopefully they've a decent choreography team and enough time to let Jones train up a bit, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just hope that if a Iron Fist season 2 rolls around the production is less of a mess.
--
I'm just assuming the Punisher series is going to be some quarter-assed adaptation of the initial Punisher Max run. It should be an interesting mess.

Faustek

Iron Fist S2, Misty's in there, so I will pray and hope that her and Colleen dump this show and do a spinoff together.

As long as Colleen doesn't fight. That cage fight was so damn bad. It was filled with bad editing and bad performance from her. Yes you probably shouldn't hurt your coworkers but I'm pretty sure Android 18 and Mister Satan's fight had better acting.

D i Z

The problem is that Danny and Luke are the core. I guess there are people that came in on when the team was assembled, but I was all Heroes for Hire. And these are not my dudes. These are not the Daughter's of the Dragon either. How you gonna fuck up two in one shot like that?

Johndoey

Banned
Uehara is watching over Nao because she's sick on Christmas. It's so cute.

Uehara likes a working woman apparently. #Depths

Faustek

The problem is that Danny and Luke are the core. I guess there are people that came in on when the team was assembled, but I was all Heroes for Hire. And these are not my dudes. These are not the Daughter's of the Dragon either. How you gonna fuck up two in one shot like that?

Hoping that the mix is better, that they can play of each other and not make Danny be... That Danny. Thry should look a bit to thr Power Man and Iron Fist comedy. Imo

D i Z

As long as Colleen doesn't fight. That cage fight was so damn bad. It was filled with bad editing and bad performance from her. Yes you probably shouldn't hurt your coworkers but I'm pretty sure Android 18 and Mister Satan's fight had better acting.

Baaaad choice for Colleen Wing. They deviate from all of the characters, but good lord, they missed her by a fucking timezone.

We're not going to see a DotD. We should make peace with that.

LotusHD

Banned

Sigh, you're not wrong.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do a Heroes for Hire after how badly Iron Fist was received. I thought it'd be either that, or I dunno, more drastic measures lmao

As for the Daughters part, lol, Misty damn sure ain't getting that arm, that's for sure

Shy

Feel ya :(

The saving grace is that he said that they really had little time to actually shot the series. So perhaps he can make it work now. Especially as he isn't the main and the team from DD is there.
Nah. That's a bullshit excuse from them.

She second season of IF. And this upcoming season of The Defenders will have bad fight choreography.

Which will prove that their reason is a nonsense.
Sad face. 😞
What's wrong with Luke ?

D i Z

She second season of IF. And this upcoming season of The Defenders will have bad fight choreography.

Sad face. 😞

What's wrong with Luke ?

That ain't the real Luke. That's the less threatening Luke. MHWilliams has me dead to rights on what they did with both him and Danny. I'm saying it right here and now to get the shit out the way.

Johndoey

Banned
Outside of Cage I've only seen Colter in that Halo Miniseries that was absolute trash, so I hesitate to draw any conclusions on his ability. I thought he was fine in JJ.

Faustek

Baaaad choice for Colleen Wing. They deviate from all of the characters, but good lord, they missed her by a fucking timezone.

We're not going to see a DotD. We should make peace with that.

I've made peace with that and the possibilities of how and why this will suck but I have hope. Blind, stupid non believable hope.. But still hope.

Sad face. 😞

What's wrong with Luke ?

I know you're right but I need this to be good.

Colter have no range. He's a slab of 100% Hunk and barely anything else.... And even there I have some hope he got an acting coach that smacked some acting skills into him.

Smacks are scientifically 110% proven to work for everything.

That ain't the real Luke. That's the less threatening Luke. MHWilliams has me dead to rights on what they did with both him and Danny. I'm saying it right here and now to get the shit out the way.

Which Cage do you want? Power Man? Heroes for hire? Power Man and Iron Fist cage? Or black lives matter activist Cage? Me I want PM and IF Cage with a lot of BLM Cage.

D i Z

I think he did what he was supposed to do. But asking that he would embody hulk like ability to fuck dudes up, a black mans actual language and street wisdom, all while keeping the family as a narrative might have been a little much.

Shy

Colter have no range. He's a slab of 100% Hunk and barely anything else.... And even there I have some hope he got an acting coach that smacked some acting skills into him.

Which Cage do you want? Power Man? Heroes for hire? Power Man and Iron Fist cage? Or black lives matter activist Cage? Me I want PM and IF Cage with a lot of BLM Cage.
I think he did what he was supposed to do. But asking that he would embody hulk like ability to fuck dudes up, a black mans actual language and street wisdom, all while keeping the family as a narrative might have been a little much.
Ahh. Gotcha.

Johndoey

Banned
A few people I know thought Colter was great on The Good Wife, so that's a thing.

Luke Cage had some weird characterization issues going on all throughout that show, like Cage as a character on that show is a mess.

D i Z

I've made peace with that and the possibilities of how and why this will suck but I have hope. Blind, stupid non believable hope.. But still hope.

We're in the time where he and Jess are a thing? Give me that dude. Cave your skull in if you really want it, but isn't about it. It would work for their temperance that they need for the scary black man outside of not letting him do Avenger level shit.

Personally, I want the Luke that showed up to get his money from Doom and work from there.

Faustek

We're in the time where he and Jess are a thing? Give me that dude. Cave your skull in if you really want it, but isn't about it. It would work for their temperance that they need for the scary black man outside of not letting him do Avenger level shit.

Personally, I want the Luke that showed up to get his money from Doom and work from there.

Yeah they a thing now and nearly not a thing in the JJ comics.
Man I loved Cage and JJ in the comics right before Siege. Cage being in the Avengers and actually getting to have some input. I'm doing that now. Going back to read New Avengers and 2017 Luke Cage. I haven't actually read anything past the first comic this year :|

Ps. Best Image drawn ever.
MxcPcnc.png

D i Z

Yeah they a thing now and nearly not a thing in the JJ comics.
Man I loved Cage and JJ in the comics right before Siege. Cage being in the Avengers and actually getting to have some input. I'm doing that now. Going back to read New Avengers and 2017 Luke Cage. I haven't actually read anything past the first comic this year :|

Ps. Best Image drawn ever.
MxcPcnc.png

I want that, but damn. I have to backtrack a bit and recognize why I'll never get the Power Man and Iron Fist that I knew. We can have Cap or Spider, or any other hero that doesn't have to adapt to how people understand them from that era, doing from that era type shit. Luke had to change, and his don't give a fuck attitude became "reckless" and Danny by proxy wasn't any longer "too cool for you and stunting", but had to be oddball. I guess I was expecting that they would get to be those dudes at least for a minute before "aging up". I kind of have a problem with both of them only being relevant in when they met their sometimes, mostly not all of the time significantly others.

Please tell me I'm not the only one kinda excited for the show. Pretty sure it won't be great but damn it. I want it.

That's my biggest fear. My second one is that Colter actually gets to much screen time dedicated to some acting that is clearly out of his range.

I'm going through all the shows again to prepare for Defenders. I'm on episode 12 of DDS2. I'm not sure if I'll make it in time.

D i Z

A few people I know thought Colter was great on The Good Wife, so that's a thing.

Luke Cage had some weird characterization issues going on all throughout that show, like Cage as a character on that show is a mess.

Most of the time while I was watching I was saying to myself "that's absolutely NOT what Luke would do". I guess it's a matter of what Luke are we talking about.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Watched Iron Eagle yesterday, it has a ludicrous premise but boy was it a lot of fun.

Louis Gossett Jr. was great in this film, definitely one of best "wise,old mentors" I have seen on screen.

Also, why was Doug allowed to attend the Air Force Academy? Why would the military ever allow him near an airplane again?!!!

Slayven

Watched Iron Eagle yesterday, it has a ludicrous premise but boy was it a lot of fun.

Louis Gossett Jr. was great in this film, definitely one of best "wise,old mentors" I have seen on screen.

Also, why was Doug allowed to attend the Air Force Academy? Why would the military ever allow him near an airplane again?!!!

Man Iron Eagle was my shit back in the day. I am sure they committed 3388283 military and international crimes

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Man Iron Eagle was my shit back in the day. I am sure they committed 3388283 military and international crimes

How many people do you think got fired,demoted,reprimanded,or court marshaled at that Air Base because those kids were running around everywhere.

The security there was worse then at Star Labs on the Flash.

Faustek

I'm going through all the shows again to prepare for Defenders. I'm on episode 12 of DDS2. I'm not sure if I'll make it in time.
giphy.gif

I want that, but damn. I have to backtrack a bit and recognize why I'll never get the Power Man and Iron Fist that I knew. We can have Cap or Spider, or any other hero that doesn't have to adapt to how people understand them from that era, doing from that era type shit. Luke had to change, and his don't give a fuck attitude became "reckless" and Danny by proxy wasn't any longer "too cool for you and stunting", but had to be oddball. I guess I was expecting that they would get to be those dudes at least for a minute before "aging up". I kind of have a problem with both of them only being relevant in when they met their sometimes, mostly not all of the time significantly others.

Hadn't actually considered this. I mean I see the change in Luke in the comics and I have enjoyed them but I hadn't considered this with the others.

Just finished the Hunter x Hunter Chimera Ant Arc. I didn't expect to be bawling my eyes out as the credits rolled when It ended. It lives up to its reputation, I can't believe the places if went.

Faustek

Just finished the Hunter x Hunter Chimera Ant Arc. I didn't expect to be bawling my eyes out as the credits rolled when It ended. It lives up to its reputation, I can't believe the places if went.

It was a good arc. Was filled with the patented good to awesome to crappy drawings but a good story.
And yes. It was sad but the King Deserved it, Komugi? Not at all.

LotusHD

Banned

Does this include Iron Fist

Best arc in the damn series. Episode 131 was a masterpiece.

Village

someone informed me there is a live action lion king happening

if there is only cgi animals, and no humans. How live action actually is it?

With Trump's pick for USDA calling progressives "race traitors" I get more angry at the ignorant dumb motherfuckers that stayed home in November than the racist pieces of trash that voted for the cheeto.

shingi70

Banned
Morning all

Does anyone else click threads just to read the OP and quickly back out because fuck Gafs opinion.

All the time. I find gaf fuckery to be the weirdest fuckery of all. It's easy to ignore that shit on Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter, since you can curate those.

Gaf fuckery is fun because you don't have to seek it to see stupid.

Johndoey

Banned
Hot
Good Morning Call
Spoilers:
Oh my gosh, he didn't know it was her birthday and that's why he never showed up. And he rented romance movies for her, it was all just a big misunderstanding.
Best boyfriend status redeemed.

Top Bottom