• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Faustek

That there are people saying that a literal Nazi deserves sympathy because he was brainwashed, he was indoctrinated, he was young, scares the shit out of me in terms of some worst case scenario futures.

Because that's carte blanche to essentially excuse any oppressive behavior if even the worst of the worst get let off the hook.

yeah...did he leave the shitfest, wake up and started working against it? I can forgive him then. Until then? Fuck off. Actually, find a stone. a big one in some forest and go to sleep under it to never return again.

Skin cream is a lie. I use coconut oil and coco butter.

raw shea and cocoa butter only gets you that far. When it has become damaged you need to actually go to the doctors. Otherwise yes. scented water.

You can put coconut oil on your face? That doesn't make your face greasy or clog your pores?

on my face, on my elbows and on my sandwich :D

D i Z

You couldn't pay me to be around that many white folk in buttfuck nowhere.

I've done it. Do not recommend. Went to a town where there was exactly one black person. When he was born, his mother just said that he was out in the sun too long to explain away his darker complexion to the town....and her husband. That was just a funny story. Then I traveled across the border to Vermont. The folks I was with were nice enough, but had never seen a black man before. I couldn't wait to get back to NYC.

Samara

Ugh, I'm tired of spending money on canadian shades of foundations. Either too pale or too dark. Summer tan kicked in. Some company don't understand the color of cappucino, cocoa or mocha is not fucking orange or ashen grey. That's the 4th one this month. I'm done

The only year round color that suits me is named after an Asian country by Nars (Macao-Macau) and is 70$.
Wont ever see these types of shades here.
1b77d4bc2a968f548b463bb9607084c7.jpg

Slayven

If I was working Gamestop on Thanksgiving i would be figuring out what Gods i angered. Cause goddam I can't think of a worse hell. Maybe cleaning the bathrooms after SDCC or Evo

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
You couldn't pay me to be around that many white folk in buttfuck nowhere.
Would not recommend it. When ever I leave the city I leave by plane or don't leave the car unless it's stop that I've been to and know that it's safe. Even then I look out for what people have on their cars and such.

Side note is forgiveness maybe not one of the most dangerous concepts to wield as a weapon.

The pressure to forgive, the glorification of turning the other cheek, the romanticization of forgiving . The judgment you can get if you don't.

Fuck the cult of forgiveness, true power comes in realizing you don't have to forgive.

DMVfan123

Banned
So was the
teacup
in Get Out an audio or visual cue, or both? Because if it was just audio, there really wouldn't be a reason for there to be a TV showing the
cup being stirred, or would there?
And I doubt the
cotton Chris scraped from the chair would be thick enough to drown out the sound

Slayven

Side note is forgiveness maybe not one of the most dangerous concepts to wield as a weapon.

The pressure to forgive, the glorification of turning the other cheek, the romanticization of forgiving . The judgment you can get if you don't.

Fuck the cult of forgiveness, true power comes in realizing you don't have to forgive.

Can not be said enough

Agreed.

Can not be said enough

Someone is literally arguing that wanting to put an Nazi in jail is authoritarian and intimidation and that we should all be taught to forgive instead... wtf is that bullshit.

It's funny I'd argue forgiveness is the most effective weapon the South used after the civil war to fuck up the Reconstruction era

Supha_Volt

Neo Member

Truth

Someone is literally arguing that wanting to put an Nazi in jail is authoritarian and intimidation and that we should all be taught to forgive instead... wtf is that bullshit.

It's funny I'd argue forgiveness is the most effective weapon the South used after the civil war to fuck up the Reconstruction era

Between that and the identity politics topic, it's just getting more and more frustrating seeing people paint the people who have been oppressed and denied justice as a militant faction with zero empathy.

Where you're from -SLC, UT
Where you live - same as above, for now
What is your age? -24
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - not really sure.
Do you know your roots - I know a little but I plan on looking more into it this year
Favorite musical genre -Hip hop, RnB, Metal, pretty much anything I'll give it a shot. Love me some Zapp and Rodger tho
Your profession/major/career interest - I work as an office manager for now.
Your religious affiliation - tried it but not for me.
Hobbies -Cooking, Reading, Rock Crawling, and wakeboarding.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Don't have a Bojangles or Churches in UT but I sure as hell ain't eating KFC so Popeyes.
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - Spider-Man and Black Panther
Anime or Nah? - I can stomach some but most I have to pass
Favorite sport and team? - Utah Jazz, 49ers, and A's
What's your favorite Disney movie? - The Lion King and Mulan
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Tomba and JRPG's for the most part.

Hope ya'll are having a great day, or night, or as well as it can be!

damn, more youngblood? that means more twentys to let us old-timers hold

Slayven

Smacks of speaking from privilege

DMVfan123

Banned
What is your age? -24
Do you know your roots - I know a little but I plan on looking more into it this year
Favorite musical genre -Hip hop, RnB, Metal, pretty much anything I'll give it a shot. Love me some Zapp and Rodger tho
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Don't have a Bojangles or Churches in UT but I sure as hell ain't eating KFC so Popeyes.
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Tomba and JRPG's for the most part.

Welcome! I've only been on GAF for a week or two, but if I've learned anything, it's to not give Professor Beef $20

We have experienced a hell of a paradigm shift when the election ended. Like there was some fuckshit here and there but got turned to 11 when old orange cheeto waltzed into the house.

Johndoey

Banned
Watching Good Morning Call, don't know how watching a surrealist horror movie leads to this as a recommendation but there you go.

Zekes!

I went on a hike with my dad today. Was nice to sit in the forest on top of a mountain and just chill for a bit. The hike killed me tho. I need to start exercising again

We have experienced a hell of a paradigm shift when the election ended. Like there was some fuckshit here and there but got turned to 11 when old orange cheeto waltzed into the house.

yeah people definitely feel more comfortable showing their asses

I dunno, Nazi dude is 96 so it's not like prison, especially in an actual first world country, is going to be any worse than his regular life.

Feel like you might as well just put him to death at that point, or do something else to make him useful while he's still breathing.

Mizerman

What is your age? -24
Marvel or DC? - Marvel

Welcome, young one.

Johndoey

Banned
GMC is strangely compelling. It's dull as all get out, but I can't stop watching. Uehara is totes dreamy.

How you gonna fuck up Dark Tower? It's a western with wizards.

I would've gone for a adaptation of the first book honestly. Pretty straight forward Journey to the badlands plot in a fantasy post-apocalypse, could probably be done on a more constrained budget.

Johndoey

Banned
They created a sequel movie for a set of books only nerds read.

That's the weirdest thing, made a goddamn stealth sequel to a series of Stephen King books. Shit makes no sense.

It's too bad since Elba as Roland is totally alright, and MM as Flagg is at least interesting.

Johndoey

Banned
I really love the series so to see what looks like them absolutely fumble the execution is pissing me off a bit. Besides this would've made a better miniseries.

Top Bottom