• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

StinkFist said:
Where is this place? I'll hit the store up tomorrow. Oh and yellow skinned chick has a hairy upper lip.
Nah, that's just the lighting and manish features playing tricks on your eyes. In the picture right next to it you see her again, and the area is clear.

chains: I don't wear any, I'm not big into jewelery either although I do appreciate the art. I'm trying to find a peace sign necklace that isn't gaudy or anything.

Easter: My family cooked but I'm so busy with work, school & stuff I'm on my own planet.

funny story: Today I'm selling some games to fellow brothers. After nicely telling them I can't give them a discount, they give me attitude for you know doing my job(I'm not getting fired for no one). "I've been hanging around white people too much". Mind you this after insulting me...good times. : )

Lebron

Urban Scholar said:
funny story: Today I'm selling some games to fellow brothers. After nicely telling them I can't give them a discount, they give me attitude for you know doing my job(I'm not getting fired for no one). "I've been hanging around white people too much". Mind you this after insulting me...good times. : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_DrLRJ_5dc

Should have told them you "fuck dwarfs in the ass." Real talk

DominoKid

Dreams-Visions said:
I like Good Wood NYC's wooden chains.

screenshot20110424at213.png

Sorry, BlackGAF, but they work with my outfits. :-/

that one brotha is rocking the confederate flag...smh.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
spindashing said:
Capcom keeping the black man down. I ain't even mad, Balrog is beastly in games with him. Not counting CvS2 and SvC: Chaos.

i guess they figured his anti air was too much of a threat, so they gave him that slow shit. fucking pathetic

and the real fucked up part about it was that they gave ken his anti shoto kick in CVS2

AzureJericho said:
This reminds me of one of the funniest YouTube comments I've ever stumbled across:

"Sean from second impact to third strike is arguably the biggest nerf since the chicago bulls nerf from the 97-98 season to the 98-99 season."

I hadn't even played as Sean before that comment yet I understood perfectly how bad it must have been. :lol

first time i played 3rd strike was with a friend. and at the time, we were both big on sean. i used the former brazilian/japanese beast, and he used alex. he tried not to give me a chance to use his aerial two hitter. when i actually used it, i was so pissed i just walked away. so much was different, but it was like taking the winds off a fly for sean

Dreams-Visions said:
I like Good Wood NYC's wooden chains.

Sorry, BlackGAF, but they work with my outfits. :-/

I approve. Would buy one of those.

And looking at some of the pictures of chains posted here particularly the cereal box...SMH. Contemporary mainstream rap really is an advertiser's dream.

Parallax

lightless_shado said:
I approve. Would buy one of those.

And looking at some of the pictures of chains posted here particularly the cereal box...SMH. Contemporary mainstream rap really is an advertiser's dream.

t-pains big ass chain proved that over and over. so fucking needless

Bleepey

DominoKid said:

I remember when Andre 3000 wire the confederate flag on his belt in the Miss Jackson video, that shit confused me i was like is it some American southern thing i am missing?

Parallax

Bleepey said:
I remember when Andre 3000 wire the confederate flag on his belt in the Miss Jackson video, that shit confused me i was like is it some American southern thing i am missing?
From what I gather, its a pride in the south itself, not necessarily the practices of the confederacy. Although, I guess in that case you could just rep your state flag....

Yea it's southern pride. Back at my University (Texas), they were everywhere: in apartment windows, hanging on trucks, shirts, boxer shorts, all over. Never saw any black people rockin' them though.

DominoKid

Parallax said:
From what I gather, its a pride in the south itself, not necessarily the practices of the confederacy. Although, I guess in that case you could just rep your state flag....

yeah fuck all that. im VA born, NC raised and i wouldnt be caught dead holding a confederate flag. let alone wearing one. i have a little more dignity than that.

Londa

Banned
not really trying to hate but Lil B sounds like crap. But I mean if you like to laugh at him, I guess its a good listen.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DominoKid said:

With the old school black power fist and Africa from the 80s..

I am confused..

Blackace said:
those flags look to be burning to me.. :/
It's weird. There are obviously Confederate flags burning in the background, but Lil Jon is wearing one on his back. I'm not sure what to make of the symbolism.

Blackace said:
With the old school black power fist and Africa from the 80s..

I am confused..

I think what he's saying is that the U.S. is on one side, the Confederacy is on the other, and the black man is caught in the middle...or it's just for shock value.

Blackace

spindashing said:
It's weird. There are obviously Confederate flags burning in the background, but Lil B is wearing one on his back. I'm not sure what to make of the symbolism.

Don't make me go all head bussa on ya..

Also it means he didn't have money to shoot a good cover but we found three confederate flags we could burn or something..

Blackace said:
Don't make me go all head bussa on ya..

Also it means he didn't have money to shoot a good cover but we found three confederate flags we could burn or something..
Damn, you caught me before a quick edit!

Yeah, that's probably it. Design-wise, though, I have to say that I like the flag.

Of course I don't like the history tied to it...

Blackace

spindashing said:
Damn, you caught me before a quick edit!

Yeah, that's probably it. Design-wise, though, I have to say that I like the flag.

Of course I don't like the history tied to it...

Nazi flags are stylish too, but I can never say I like them.. that's just me.

Lebron

spindashing said:
It's weird. There are obviously Confederate flags burning in the background, but Lil Jon is wearing one on his back. I'm not sure what to make of the symbolism.
He's trolling, for you see, he's actually a genius.

5HmfS.png

Blackace said:
Nazi flags are stylish too, but I can never say I like them.. that's just me.

I've always liked the look of the Iron Cross and I've always wanted to own one. That's also tied to the Nazi's so everytime I mention such a quirk to people, they label me as a Nazi supporter lol.

Lebron said:
He's trolling, for you see, he's actually a genius.

http://i.imgur.com/5HmfS.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Holy grilled KFC on a plate, I did not see this coming.

Holy shit.. just saw this girl I talked to a few times back in HS. She is so... SO fine now OMG.

I didn't think it was possible for a person to change so much in just 3~4 years. This has nothing to do with black culture but I just felt like posting cause I feel like I'm in middle school again given how hard I'm crushing on this girl.

<-- literally my face when I realized who she was

perfectnight said:
Holy shit.. just saw this girl I talked to a few times back in HS. She is so... SO fine now OMG.

I didn't think it was possible for a person to change so much in just 3~4 years. This has nothing to do with black culture but I just felt like posting cause I feel like I'm in middle school again given how hard I'm crushing on this girl.
That never happens to me, well it rarely happens.

Sadly, most of the time I bump into an old classmate or someone I grew up with, 90% of the time, she has children or pregnant.

brothers and sisters I have a dilemma: One of my best friends has a friend that is sort of racist. Whenever we're hanging around he's always cracking jokes and then apologizing afterwards sometimes he doesn't even bother to apologize. At first I thought he would get the message after a few sarcastic responses, and the fact that nobody except him even smiles at them, but I guess that just made him think he should try even HARDER and make even MORE offensive jokes. I straight up told him that his jokes are offensive but its as if he forgets because whenever we meet up again he does the same shit.

Fortunately I don't see him that often but when I do it makes hanging out with my friend more difficult. What do I do?

zero_suit

lightless_shado said:
brothers and sisters I have a dilemma: One of my best friends has a friend that is sort of racist. Whenever we're hanging around he's always cracking jokes and then apologizing afterwards sometimes he doesn't even bother to apologize. At first I thought he would get the message after a few sarcastic responses, and the fact that nobody except him even smiles at them, but I guess that just made him think he should try even HARDER and make even MORE offensive jokes. I straight up told him that his jokes are offensive but its as if he forgets because whenever we meet up again he does the same shit.

Fortunately I don't see him that often but when I do it makes hanging out with my friend more difficult. What do I do?

Do your friends tell him to knock it off?

Top Bottom