• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

I posted this on another board but hopefully someone may know what I'm talking about.

I think it may have been some sort of anthology series, like Tales of the Crypt, but it mostly involved african americans. The host was a disembodied head with an eye in his forehead. One of the stories involved aliens taking all of the black people that were either lighter or darker than a paper bag.

It may have been on HBO... or not. Sadly, this is all I remember about it. I know it had to come out during the 1990s, but that's about all the information I have. I've tried searching myself but... yeah. Any help is appreciated. The only reason it sticks into my head is because of the alien thing.

Satch

Banned
NotebookJ2 said:
I posted this on another board but hopefully someone may know what I'm talking about.

I think it may have been some sort of anthology series, like Tales of the Crypt, but it mostly involved african americans. The host was a disembodied head with an eye in his forehead. One of the stories involved aliens taking all of the black people that were either lighter or darker than a paper bag.

It may have been on HBO... or not. Sadly, this is all I remember about it. I know it had to come out during the 1990s, but that's about all the information I have. I've tried searching myself but... yeah. Any help is appreciated. The only reason it sticks into my head is because of the alien thing.
May have been "Tales from the Hood"

YPndE.gif

Mr.Fresh

I know I'm a little late but...
- Where you're from- Paterson, NJ
- Where you live- Paterson, NJ
--Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Georgia
- Do you know your roots? nope
- Your Age- 18
- Favorite musical genre- rap, hip hop. & R&B
- Your religious affiliation- never went to church so idk.
- Hobbies- Gaming, Sports

Welcome aboard Ace_235!

NotebookJ2 said:

Was it Cosmic Slop hosted by George Clinton?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
TacticalFox88 said:
I hope to have swag like this in my life time

Impossible, sir.

obamasip.gif

Dude even drinks water like a cool cat. Go practice your sip style, in the mirror.

MThanded said:
swagger on a hundred thousand trillion

I may get burned for trying to reach the sun but I'll be smiling as I try. I don't want to say envy, but I really admire that air of confidence he has about himself.

justjohn

Why is it Hollywood has become so white in the last few years. I remmember the 80s and 90s having loads of black actors and good black movies, yet they seem to have become almost exclusively white

Watch any Hollywood movie today and it feels like America is 99% white

Not being racist but, not only can I not stomach another movie about how Cody and Becky fall in love, I seriously can't be bothered to watch any of these movies cos I feel like I'm giving my money to an institution that is deliberately trying to exclude non whites and promoting white supremacy.

What do you guys think?

justjohn said:
Why is it Hollywood has become so white in the last few years. I remmember the 80s and 90s having loads of black actors and good black movies, yet they seem to have become almost exclusively white

Not being racist but, not only can I not stomach another movie about how Cody and Becky fall in love, I seriously can't be bothered to watch any of these movies cos I feel like I'm giving my money to an institution that is deliberately trying to exclude non whites and promoting white supremacy.

What do you guys think?
the same thing happened to TV.

and that's why Tyler Perry is cakin'

nobody else wants the money!

RedSwirl

The Faceless Master said:

And that honestly makes me sad. Why must black entertainment segregate itself from the rest of American entertainment?

I actually get uncomfortable when any American movie's cast is 100% one race.

RedSwirl said:
And that honestly makes me sad. Why must black entertainment segregate itself from the rest of American entertainment?

You must be uncomfortable a lot.

RedSwirl said:

i don't think it happened that way... the Entertainment Industry separated itself from Black America and then Tyler Perry was in the right place many, many years past the right time...

Kaizer

Banned
i don't think it happened that way... the Entertainment Industry separated itself from Black America and then Tyler Perry was in the right place many, many years past the right time...
Yeah its not like the black or ethnic community isn't trying to get into Hollywood. Tell all of these big movie and television studios to diversify their casts with more than a random token or stop reusing the same actors/actresses over and over again. I'd love to see huge multicultural casts in more mainstream productions.

I don't know if this was already discussed but, how do people feel about Tyler Perry movies/plays?

I honestly didn't mind them because his first 2 were a decent one time only watch but lately they've become worse and more embarrassing.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
I don't know if this was already discussed but, how do people feel about Tyler Perry movies/plays?

I honestly didn't mind them because his first 2 were a decent one time only watch but lately they've become worse and more embarrassing.

I still feel that once you've seen one you've seen them all. I'm not going to watch any of them but if a friend wants to and we aren't doing anything sure.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Urban Scholar said:
I still feel that once you've seen one you've seen them all. I'm not going to watch any of them but if a friend wants to and we aren't doing anything sure.

the most interesting one( and i say that because a black man wasnt the big bad, and he gives out one hell of a backhand) is the family that preys. but even then its a very weak and predictable movie.

I'm glad that Tyler Perry has managed to find so much success outside of Hollywood's usual standard. I do.

That being said, I do not enjoy any of his plays, movies, or TV shows. Also, Madea is a terrible character. She is quite possibly the biggest asshole I've seen on the big screen as of late, and that's saying something.

Parallax

Electivirus said:
Also, Madea is a terrible character. She is quite possibly the biggest asshole I've seen on the big screen as of late, and that's saying something.
I guess people like her because she's a parody of what people see elderly black women as? I never got the point of what she's supposed to be as a character except for a loudmouth...

Damn that sucks. Next time a thread like that pops up I'm gonna open all pages at once lol

Also, am I right in thinking we had some Black-Gaf casualties in that thread?

MThanded, to be specific.

Imm0rt4l

perfectnight said:
Damn that sucks. Next time a thread like that pops up I'm gonna open all pages at once lol
what was the thread about?

justjohn said:

What do you guys think?

Yea it's ridiculous just how underrepresented everyone is, especially asians.

Imm0rt4l said:
what was the thread about?
A guy's wife is at a party with him and some other friends. Some other women at the party start flashing their titties and the wife does as well. Guy tells her to stop and she does. They then began to make out. While that it happening, another women begins to suck on the guy's friend. After the fellatio is done, the guy's wife leans into the other woman and kisses. Guy gets mad, of course, and now they are not talking about it. Later on, we find out that the guy's wife has read the thread, but he requested that the thread be deleted

Hmm, I guess i'll do this, since I missed it...

- Where you're from-Detroit, Michigan
- Where you live -East Lansing, Milford, Redford (I get around)
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-Not sure, but i'm actually going to go find out now.
- Do you know your roots?-Not much actually.
- Your Age-21
- Favorite musical genre-Rock and the one billion related genres
- Your profession/major/career interest-Marketing/media arts
- Your religious affiliation-none
- Hobbies-games, drums, writing, partying

perfectnight said:
Shit was just straight up disrespect. Snowballing right in front of her husband lol..
And people were saying that they had no respect for the guy since he posted about it on GAF before talking it out with his wife which is bullshit. Someone said that they should talk about it while she was sober and I said that that's one of those boundaries that is common sense. You just don't do that

Parallax

heliosRAzi said:
A guy's wife is at a party with him and some other friends. Some other women at the party start flashing their titties and the wife does as well. Guy tells her to stop and she does. They then began to make out. While that it happening, another women begins to suck on the guy's friend. After the fellatio is done, the guy's wife leans into the other woman and kisses. Guy gets mad, of course, and now they are not talking about it. Later on, we find out that the guy's wife has read the thread, but he requested that the thread be deleted
Wow. That's something else.

dream

I just came in here cause I'm trying to see which thread spindashing acted up in and I just read about a man's wife gobbling down another man's cum. Wow.

Top Bottom