• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Imm0rt4l

Lebron said:
They combined them all into the People With Skin OT thread. That was just an ugly day all around.

Yeah, Lost Odyssey is on the other system. You goofed.
I think all the good rpgs are on handhelds anyways, both systems suck for rpgs.

My psn is GODHAND04, but I mostly just play SF right now. I'm a bit of a fighting game junkie at the moment. I'll wait for BF3 to drop.

Yasae

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
You needed to try my friends chocolate + caramel apple pie.

I saw grown men almost come to blows over the last piece. It was unlike anything I've ever had before.

I'mma hit her up on Facebook and see if she can shoot me that recipe. If she does, it will be posted in here.
Yes please.

zero_suit

Big Baybee said:
lol, It really does seem like all black folk, at least the ones I know, go PS3 over 360. I wonder why that is?

Big_Baybee is my PSN

I have a 360, but Microsoft's first party games rank dead last compared to Sony and Nintendo.

Londa bought a ps3? Wow. My psn is urbanlogic. Let me know somewhere in the message its you. I have a tendency to forget. Also I highly recommend you play folklore madam.

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:
Is there a game we can all play or something?

LittleBigPlanet? Since that was free lol.

how do you get it for free?

I have Uncharted 2, Some loli rpg, Batman, and Yazuka 4

ChocolateCupcakes said:
I wouldn't mind or when the U3 beta comes out.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a few sessions with the U3 Beta when that hits PSN.

Londa said:
how do you get it for free?

I have Uncharted 2, Some loli rpg, Batman, and Yazuka 4
Actually, since you got the PS3 just now, I'm not sure if you're eligible for the free PSN games that were offered as part as the Welcome Back package by Sony as an apology for PSN being down...

Try checking out the PSN Store and click the "Welcome Back" link to the left if you can.

Edit: I wish I could change my PSN to "spindashing." PSN needs the option to change your name quick; I'd gladly pay for the option.

Londa

Banned
you know I had to add my boo Dr. lol

Anyone else have a PSN name?

Thunder Storm outside. Looks like I have to wait til tomorrow to have fun XD. Night yall ^^

I was just having a conversation about Home with my friends earlier.

I have the 20gig PS3, so when I downloaded Home initially it took up a lot of space on my hard drive. After testing it out, I grew bored with it very quickly and deleted it.

A few years later, I bought a 320gig hard drive to upgrade since 20gigs just won't cut it these days due to mandatory installs et cetera. Then I redownloaded Home thinking I missed one of the greatest things on the PS3.

Boy was I wrong. Boring boring boring.

Edit: also, I bet most of the girl avatars in Home are actually dudes.

Bento

Music Break:

Thundercat - For Love I come

FlyingLotus.jpg

Produced by Flying Lotus. Good stuff :eek:)

Big Baybee said:
lol, It really does seem like all black folk, at least the ones I know, go PS3 over 360. I wonder why that is?

Big_Baybee is my PSN
i remember a long time ago, like ten years or something, i read an article about how minorities, especially black people, had more brand loyalty than other people.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
From the Welcome Back program. I think since you just got your PS3 you can't get it but don't quote me on that.
you're right, only PSN accounts created before the downtime are offered the welcome back package.

B1gg_Randall said:
Yall can add me also.. PSN B1gg_Randall
btw spindashing you play SSF4 why you aint on my list?
I'm complete ass. I need to play Marvel and AE regularly.

I had a playing session and I was so free. =(

The said I was as free as a Chicken spot in Brooklyn. Then somehow we got into a conversation on how there is no Haitian representation in fighting games.

I said, "Balrog is Haitian. He's from Port-au-Prince (the capital. I said this jokingly of course)."

My friend Jamal who I've spoke of before: "Yeah, maybe Port-au-Prince in Brooklyn."

Then everyone lol'd. u_u I was so salty. I'm going to play as one of the twins or something.

Fake Edit: There's a white girl avatar dancing in Home and there's at least five poorly dressed people all over her.

The Faceless Master said:
oh?

using that logic, sweet potato french fries must be the greatest thing known to man!

but we both know that's not true...
Wrong again sweet potato fries are amazing.

Bobby Flays hamburger restaurant serves them with a honey mustard sauce.....SO GOOD.

b5935fec36693d3a65527cd899123c8d_full_size.jpg

Londa

Banned
DrFunk said:
send me a request everyone: DrMontelban (PSN) ; Dr Montelban (XBL)

*smug*

It's always Dr. this and Dr. that with you. :p

Wrong again sweet potato fries are amazing.

I must not really be black. I don't really like anything made out of sweet potatoes.

Londa

Banned
soundscream said:
Im so conflicted my 60 gig ps3 died last month and I want to buy another one but I know there is a price drop looming.

If you buy one at Best Buy you get a 100 dollar gift card. You have to have the coupon to get the deal. I can find the link to it, if you are interested.

Londa said:
If you buy one at Best Buy you get a 100 dollar gift card. You have to have the coupon to get the deal. I can find the link to it, if you are interested.
Yeah I saw that, I just am so sure I'm going to miss a better deal. I mainly want it for my blu rays since the only game on PS3 I'm looking forward to is The Last Guardian, and god knows when thats out.

I was thinking of getting a stand alone player but I know im going to get another PS3 and I dont need 2 blu rays in my apt, I mean I could use it in the bedroom but I like watching movies on my 42" rather than the 32" in the bedroom.

Londa

Banned
If the first few pictures posted in a thread is a image of macaroni and cheese casserole... Well then you know its a black thread. XD

eternaLightness said:
There's no way for American audiences to watch it yet I don't think.

I haven't had much pie in my life, my sweet potato pie is really the only pie I enjoy, at least for now. I'm a cake man.

Oh, there's a way. just not "legal" ones.

Londa

Banned
B1gg_Randall said:
Yall can add me also.. PSN B1gg_Randall
btw spindashing you play SSF4 why you aint on my list?

I added you :D

also I hooked it up to a HDMI cable and I said wow at the picture ^^

Top Bottom