• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

ReiGun

Urban Scholar said:
It's too hot for me to post regularly. Speaking of which the highest it's been here was 96 degrees what about you guys?
I think it hit 98 here not too long ago. Though it's ben in the 70's these last few days. Baltimore weather is fucking crazy.

Maury is quality trash TV. I catch it every now and then and lolz are always had.

I never posted much before to be honest. Actually, I've been a lot more active lately. :p

JCX

NotebookJ2 said:
Oh god, Maury is still on? It's been, what, over ten years now?

I don't really watch those shows anymore, though I did used to love Cheaters.

I just youtube'd Maury after reading the last few posts. Bragging about having sex for a hamburger is worse than simply having sex for a hamburger.

Mononofu

JCX said:
I just youtube'd Maury after reading the last few posts. Bragging about having sex for a hamburger is worse than simply having sex for a hamburger.

Nicole21.jpg

*groan*

Povich is wack, I would be embarrassed to apart of that three ring circus.

Wow....guess unknowingly my account has been approved for a month now. So after lurking this thread and it's epic predecessor I've come to pay my respects. What's good BlackGAF?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
welcome new blood. its a slow day, but the usual suspects will make their way here in time.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
captmcblack said:
BlackGAF lies in wait for the next ignorant comment in the next ignorant thread.

Then, we descend like locusts. I love that shit.

killer bees. not locusts

Zep

Banned
I remember taking a bunch of FLA-VOR-ICE and instead of putting them in the freezer, I'd let them get real cold in the fridge and just drink them.

captmcblack said:
BlackGAF lies in wait for the next ignorant comment in the next ignorant thread.

Then, we descend like locusts. I love that shit.
Yeah NOW. It used to be Captain MWS to the rescue to fight the ignorance. White mob descends on him in a furry and Black GAF filters in later to help pick up the remains.

Kaizer

Banned
Zep said:
I remember taking a bunch of FLA-VOR-ICE and instead of putting them in the freezer, I'd let them get real cold in the fridge and just drink them.
The gospel, preach! Ahh FLA-VOR-ICE couldn't stay in the house between me and my cousins growing up during the summer.

My mom still buys me Flavor Ice to put in my freezer every Summer - I eat some with my kid sister, and then bring them home when I leave.

I'm 28 years old.

I fucking LOVE my mom.

Londa

Banned
Lebron said:
Pumpkins are used on Halloween. Devil worship.

Sweet Potatoes win.

You had to get all deep with it, did you? lol

Potatoes are starch which is not healthy for you. Pumpkins are veggies which are good for you. Pumpkin wins.

Lebron

Londa said:
You had to get all deep with it, did you? lol

Potatoes are starch which is not healthy for you. Pumpkins are veggies which are good for you. Pumpkin wins.
False. Starch is made up of a ton of glucose which is needed in order to start Glycolysis to make pryuvate, which is then oxidized to acetyl-coa, which then enters the Krebs cycle, which then enters the electron transport chain, which produces the bulk of ATP needed for the body to function. No ATP, no function.

So you see, Sweet Potatoes win.

zero_suit

Londa said:
I just had this debate with a librarian, but I believe its Pumpkin Pie> Sweet Potato Pie.

Nope

Lebron said:
False. Starch is made up of a ton of glucose which is needed in order to start Glycolysis to make pryuvate, which is then oxidized to acetyl-coa, which then enters the Krebs cycle, which then enters the electron transport chain, which produces the bulk of ATP needed for the body to function. No ATP, no function.

Dat chemistry

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Have recently become friends with a girl that looks exactly like Nia Long ( 90's Nia long), but kind of more beautiful. Life is good.

Londa

Banned
Mononofu said:
Londa is right guys, pumpkin pie wins.

pumpkinpiedone.jpg

omg.... so gooooooood

Lebron said:

too much glucose is bad for you and can lead to diabetes. Pumpkin wins this round. :D

Bleepey said:
My mum is watching Maury, oh lord. It makes me think fuck using condoms and just abstain.

That'll only work until they'll get married, and there's no stopping people from getting married one week after they met, for example. Or people who don't consider everything but vaginal penetration real sex. Well that would solve the baby problem but create even more problems. /cynical

While were on the subject. I had an interesting(I guess) conversation when an aunt asked why I didn't have kids yet? I was like no, not yet. In my head I'm like what the? She was like yeah kids your age have kids. At that point I interjected with a "Sure by pure lack of judgement". This is why I can't the aforementioned show I get mad at the underlining problem.

Lebron

Londa said:
omg.... so gooooooood

too much glucose is bad for you and can lead to diabetes. Pumpkin wins this round. :D
And to think I once fought for your honor.

IWMEW.jpg

First we lose Spin to the Generals Fried Chicken, and now we losing some of you to the Devil's chosen food? I...I need to lay down.

Londa

Banned
my second favorite Final Fantasy^. This needs a PS3/PS4/Wii U remake with the after years in it also. Omg... After years on the 3DS <33333333. Please make it happen.

Urban Scholar said:
While were on the subject. I had an interesting(I guess) conversation when an aunt asked why I didn't have kids yet? I was like no, not yet. In my head I'm like what the? She was like yeah kids your age have kids. At that point I interjected with a "Sure by pure lack of judgement". This is why I can't the aforementioned show I get mad at the underlining problem.

wtf? I could see if you was married, then that question would make sense. People who have kids before marriage were not PLANNING for a kid. It happen by accident. smh.

How old are you btw?

When I worked in retail I also got asked why I haven't had kids. Shame that being a single parent is the standard today.

Bleepey

Urban Scholar said:

How old are you btw? i remember making a thread on GAF asking what peopel thought of havign kids outside of marriage and people were looking at me like i was fucked up because I did not like the idea of having children outside of marriage.

Londa said:
wtf? I could see if you was married, then that question would make sense. People who have kids before marriage were not PLANNING for a kid. It happen by accident. smh.
How old are you btw?
When I worked in retail I also got asked why I haven't had kids. Shame that being a single parent is the standard today.

Bleepey said:
How old are you btw? i remember making a thread on GAF asking what peopel thought of havign kids outside of marriage and people were looking at me like i was fucked up because I did not like the idea of having children outside of marriage.

I'm 25 guys. I too feel that having children isn't something you should consider until marriage. Anyway I just feel that is a subject years(like 10 maybe) down the road once I get my goals done. At work I often get told by parents to not have kids early and pursue dreams/goals. That's been the plan for awhile now.

Top Bottom