• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Measley

spindashing said:
I don't know, you definitely have to see more of the world. Not all black/latina/insert minority here women are as you paint them. I understand that there are girls as you and others have described but it sounds completely ridiculous to me that you have eliminated them from your preferences in such a way and you happen to be black yourself.

It's coming off to me as a sort of self hate. I mean, you do realize that you yourself came from a black woman, correct?

Edit: Actually, if you're mixed, I apologize. But the point still stands that the uppity attitude isn't only in the black woman community.

Its not an uppity attitude, its simply a negative attitude. And I have traveled quite a bit. I've been to Europe, Asia, and South America. The thing is that traveling around gave me a taste for women of many different persuasions, and made me even less inclined to date black women.

EDIT: BTW, I'm talking about black AMERICAN women. Black African women are awesome. :)

Measley said:
Considering the sheer number of single black women out there with children out of wedlock, I did myself a favor.

Oh and btw, thanks for proving my point. :)
11hunuo.gif

Anyway, I'm happily married to a beautiful black woman who has no issues. We have a wonderful 3 month old daughter and I couldn't be happier.

Derwind

Measley said:
Its not an uppity attitude, its simply a negative attitude. And I have traveled quite a bit. I've been to Europe, Asia, and South America. The thing is that traveling around gave me a taste for women of many different persuasions, and made me even less inclined to date black women.

tumblr_lllypgHCRR1qk3zpoo1_400.gif

Measley

Big Baybee said:
Anyway, I'm happily married to a beautiful black woman who has no issues. We have a wonderful 3 month old daughter and I couldn't be happier.

And I'm very happy for you bro. Different strokes....

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Big Baybee said:

lol! Give it time man... Give it time.

Measley said:
And I'm very happy for you bro. Different strokes....
Your generalizations though, mang. That's all.

DaCocoBrova said:
I love my girl. Been together 8 years, married for 2. We are compatible. Our birthdays are even a day apart. It was fate.

Measley

SonnyBoy said:
Measely, I aint mad at you bruh. However, I can see how the comment may have rubbed some the wrong way. lol

LoL! Well I'm an honest person and I speak my mind. I know some people don't like that. ;)

Big Baybee said:
Your generalizations though, mang. That's all.

Like I said, just been my experience, nothing more, nothing less. I loved African women when I was a single man. Dated a black French girl, and a girl from Botswana. Both were amazing, beautiful women. I could have easily married either one of them. So its got nothing to do with race, its clearly a cultural thing.

DaCocoBrova said:

LoL!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Big Baybee said:
I love my girl. Been together 8 years, married for 2. We are compatible. Our birthdays are even a day apart. It was fate.

That's a beautiful thing, with any woman. I wish you two the best. My girl now is Black. Typical lower middle class background and issues. She has it in her heart to be so much more, but her family, long time friends, and lack of experiences outside 'the hood' keep her perspective skewed.

I on the other hand have been very fortunate. My mother is pretty amazing and has provided me with experiences that most inner-city Black males could never get a taste of. We've had a house in the Hamptons for over two decades and would hit up Martha's Vineyard every summer before that. But we lived in Harlem. 80's Harlem specifically, which was no cake walk by any stretch. But during that time I went to school way down on 23rd street, and my classmates were from all over the world.

Juxtaposing my time line to hers had her (always) questioning why I continue to stay with her. I don't know the answer myself, but I've tried for the last year and a half to make things work with this woman and I'm at the point where I'm about to go back to being single. It's not a color thing, but more a compatibility thing.

I'm introduced to fine women all the time out east. Parents are wealthy, they're educated, no kids and Black. But something just doesn't click. They're kind of corny to me. I then retreat back to the 'hood' and for some reason, I just feel more comfortable there.

RedSwirl

Sometimes I think about somehow recording my mom shouting and cursing at other motorists whenever she's driving. Should I do it GAF?

Londa

Banned
Measley said:

EDIT: BTW, I'm talking about black AMERICAN women. Black African women are awesome. :)
Just an fyi, watch 16 and pregant. There are more white mothers on that show than there are black mothers.

Also, I could sit and say most black men do not have a job so I will never date any black men from here on out. But since I am far from being like you, I would never do that.

Another thing is, you do come off has a self hater. Half of you is black. I bet if they released a pill that could flush out all african american from your person, you would take it. Just look at how you ask for a mix culture thread. Look at how you do not like people saying that ancient egyptians were black. You only believe them to be mixed. What is mixed culture anyways? Its it the two cultures your parents are put together? I'm really trying to wrap that one around my head...

My wife is from the hood. I'm from a middle class/hood background. My mother is very educated, but the rest of my family is not. My wife is currently in grad school, first in her family to go to and complete college. Her fam is from the same hood as mine.

She doesn't have any issues. The only thing that kind of bothers me is that we are constantly loaning her family money. Paying car notes/bills. While her mom uses her own income tax checks to go on cruises and buy furniture and home theater systems and shit. She is a good mother in law, but very irresponsible when it comes to money. Its probably the only thing the wife and I have really fussed about.

Measley

Londa said:
Just an fyi, watch 16 and pregant. There are more white mothers on that show than there are black mothers.

Yes, let's base reality on a television show....

Also, I could sit and say most black men do not have a job so I will never date any black men from here on out. But since I am far from being like you, I would never do that.

You can date whoever you like, that's the beauty of diversity. This idea of "racial loyalty" is silly. I don't know, maybe its a guy thing (or maybe its because of my mixed background), but I think I'd go crazy if I limited myself to one ethnic group during my college years.

Another thing is, you do come off has a self hater. Half of you is black. I bet if they released a pill that could flush out all african american from your person, you would take it. Just look at how you ask for a mix culture thread. Look at how you do not like people saying that ancient egyptians were black. You only believe them to be mixed. What is mixed culture anyways? Its it the two cultures your parents are put together? I'm really trying to wrap that one around my head...

In the Egyptian thread I was only speaking the truth, sorry you took offense to it. As for a mixed culture, the culture of the United States is a very mixed culture. Especially the youth culture. We got kids jamming to hip hop, eating Japanese food, and speaking a European language. Its a beautiful thing.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
What did you say in the egyptian thread?

edit: by the blackgaf, I have no rights to discuss neanderthal issues. got some neanderthal in me too apparently. i will just go off into this corner here now, and think about how i can manage to live with myself.

Londa

Banned
Veidt said:

edit: by the blackgaf, I have no rights to discuss neanderthal issues. got some neanderthal in me too apparently. i will just go off into this corner here now, and think about how i can manage to live with myself.
Who said that?

Derwind

Veidt said:

Sub-saharan gaf by rights is the only group that can say they're the pure human race. =(

My east african sisters & brothers and me all have the Neanderthal taint in us... ='C

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Londa said:
Another thing is, you do come off has a self hater.
No that would be black women who wears weaves or perm to change the texture of the hair growing out of their own heads.

The shaming tactics that black women use DON'T work on this generation of black men. Why do black women keep trying to use them? It's like BW's playbook only has 3 plays in it and BM know all of them.

EDIT: Another thing, being a "Strong, Indepedant, Black Woman" is a culture and has NOTHING to do with socio-economics. I have no idea why the females in this thread were trying to discredit Veidt's story. A BW does not need to be a "hood rat" to have a bullshit stank BW attitude. There is a reason people use the term, "Angry BW."

Veidt

Londa said:
Who said that?
my brother got his DNA for ancestry done a few months ago. Came out 65% European, 20% African and the rest was Asian. He then sent it back to another analyst group, that searched for other things, and they've added a 2% neanderthal presence in the DNA.
He informed me promptly when I told him about the thread.
Bonus!
My ancestry has been traced back to Ancient Egypt, like most Somalis!

edit:
Derwind said:
Sub-saharan gaf by rights is the only group that can say they're the pure human race. =(

My east african sisters & brothers and me all have the Neanderthal taint in us... ='C

Yea, east-africans have the Neanderthal gene in them. :(

SSJ1Goku said:
No that would be black women who wears weaves or perm to change the texture of the hair growing out of their own heads.

The shaming tactics that black women use DON'T work on this generation of black men. Why do black women keep trying to use them? It's like BW's playbook only has 3 plays in it and BM know all of them.
Oh God here you go again. You and Measley should get together and do a podcast. Call it Assassinating the Sista's: Knocking black women down one notch at a time.

Veidt said:
my brother got his DNA for ancestry done a few months ago. Came out 65% European, 20% African and the rest was Asian. He then sent it back to another analyst group, that searched for other things, and they've added a 2% neanderthal presence in the DNA.
Pic?

Derwind

SSJ1Goku said:

golf ham!!!

You keep saying "Black Women" as if they're all identical...

Is your preception of a black women some two-bit hood-rat hoe wearing huge pumps, leopard print spandax pants and long ass fake nails..

Seriously, it sounds like the pool of data you're using is like 5...

Derwind said:
golf ham!!!

Is your preception of a black women some two-bit hood-rat hoe wearing huge pumps, leopard print spandax pants and long ass fake nails..

Seriously, it sounds like the pool of data you're using is like 5...
Seems to be pretty common here from a few.

Too bad they didn't get a broader experience from college or travel.

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Londa said:
Don't forget the black men who helped create them
WTF is this shit?! Before a child comes in to this world, before any sex takes place that woman has to make a choice, yes or no. Also what was that guy doing with his life before he got the girl pregnant? If he was not about shit then why did she CHOOSE to lay down with him. These things are what a woman has to look at before she starts trying to spread blame. SHE MADE THAT CHOICE!

Veidt

Derwind said:
Fuck yea, we got this shit on lockdown bro.

MWS Natural said:
Oh God here you go again. You and Measley should get together and do a podcast. Call it Assassinating the Sista's: Knocking black women down one notch at a time.

Pic?
Pic of what?

Baby Milo

SSJ1Goku said:
funny and true

Calling the guy a self hater and saying he would take a pill to was away the black side of him is foul as hell

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Derwind said:
golf ham!!!

They all keep using the same weak ass arguments.

Seriously, it sounds like the pool of data you're using is like 5..
You ignored the most imporatant part of my post:

Another thing, being a "Strong, Indepedant, Black Woman" is a culture and has NOTHING to do with socio-economics. I have no idea why the females in this thread were trying to discredit Veidt's story. A BW does not need to be a "hood rat" to have a bullshit stank BW attitude. There is a reason people use the term, "Angry BW."

Dreams-Visions said:

I'm fairly sure my "Wrongass Post of the Week" is now set.

This idea of "racial loyalty" is silly. I don't know, maybe its a guy thing (or maybe its because of my mixed background), but I think I'd go crazy if I limited myself to one ethnic group during my college years.

I don't think anyone has a problem with a willingness to date others, but there's a difference between going "Man, I haven't met a black woman that just blows me away" and "Damn, these black chicks all have issues, everywhere".

All women have theirs quirks, regardless of race, I know I can start talking about the crazy-ass latinas, white chicks, asian and indian girls I've dated, as I'm sure others can too.

But that doesn't affect my perception of the race as a whole, which is how you come off with some of your posts.

Shame tactics never work if you're fine with what you like in the first place. That applies to everything.

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Seems to be pretty common here from a few.

Too bad they didn't get a broader experience from college or travel.
If I remember correctly your arguement was get with a educated BW not on bullshit right? Only 3% of black people have advanced degrees and the majority of BW are on bullshit so how would that work? I have already explained that the "Strong, Independant BW" culture crosses class lines:
Marriage eludes high-achieving black women

Derwind

SSJ1Goku said:
They all keep using the same weak ass arguments.

The fact that you're making sweeping generalizations and discriminating a population of women in the millions doesn't bother you at all?

SSJ1Goku said:
Another thing, being a "Strong, Indepedant, Black Woman" is a culture and has NOTHING to do with socio-economics.

I have to stop you right there...

WhAT?

Measley

Veidt said:

That Egyptians by and large were a mixed-race people. If you apply modern American race standards, they would be considered "black", even though most of modern America tends to be moving away from considering mixed-race people only one race. The "one drop rule" seems to be finally fading away.

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Derwind said:
The fact that you're making sweeping generalizations and discriminating a population of women in the millions doesn't bother you at all?
Nope. There did not seem to be a problem with over generalizations when the shoe was on the other foot and BW were claiming:

"N-words ain't shit"

But when BM come back at their necks then people want to get mad.

Measley

MWS Natural said:

Again, I'm only speaking from MY experience.

It is sad that me being truthful about my experience is "knocking down black women".

Derwind

SSJ1Goku said:
Nope. There did not seem to be a problem with over generalizations when the shoe was on the other foot and BW were claiming:

"N-words ain't shit"

But when BM come back at their necks then people want to get mad.

You still refuse to correct yourself. You're referring to a group, stop designing your posts as if your talking about a single person. Not all black women all think alike on issue...

Dude, you have some issue with black women, that much is clear. I'd say get help but you've likely already have been told that before...

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Derwind said:
You still refuse to correct yourself. You're referring to a group, stop designing your posts as if your talking about a single person. Not all black women all think alike on issue...

Dude, you have some issue with black women, that much is clear. I'd say get help but you've likely already have been told that before...
What part of the shaming tactics don't work did you not understand?

Yes I do have a prob with BW...the culture the majority of them subscribe to.

Satch

Banned
i just imagine SSJ1Goku tossing and turning in the middle of the night, his sheets drenched in his own sweat, mumbling over and over again "...black women... i can't stand those black women..."

Derwind

SSJ1Goku said:
What part of the shaming tactics don't work did you not understand?

The part where you fully understand the thinking patterns of a group of millions....

Make room for that noble prize.....

Master Z

Anecdote!! Most black women I've met are really chill and open-minded. Maybe it's different up here in Ontario, Canada? But then again my most favorite, female black friend that I just adore lives in Brooklyn NY....hmmmmmmm

Measley

Master Z said:
Anecdote!! Most black women I've met are really chill and open-minded. Maybe it's different up here in Ontario, Canada? But then again my most favorite, female black friend that I just adore lives in Brooklyn NY....hmmmmmmm

We're talking about U.S. Black women. There's something in the water down here. :(

Big Baybee said:
I honestly don't care.

Well I'm a teacher so I do. Children from single-parent households tend to have a tougher time in school than children from two parent families.

Top Bottom