• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

eternaLightness said:
@ Urban: Same here. I have a light mustache and a little chin hair and that's it.
That was me at 20. My beard has taken forever and its not at full potential :(

16 mustache
17 sideburns
18 chin stubble
20 light Goatee
24 full mustache, sideburns and chin hair semblance of a coming beard
28 Hair connected all around face but not full
30 present day full beard except for 2 small spots with light stubble inside

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Anyone who thinks that that pic of Serena is attractive, needs to have their heads examined. Honestly. There is nothing feminine about her. Goddam, you'd have to be a black Conan to smang.

Lionheart1337 said:
Keke-Wyatt.jpg

!

Londa

Banned
Veidt said:
Anyone who thinks that that pic of Serena is attractive, needs to have their heads examined. Honestly. There is nothing feminine about her. Goddam, you'd have to be a black Conan to smang.

you dont smang her, she smangs you. lol

-PXG- said:
This one is great too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw8cDmLpuzg&feature=related

My girl (who is white) and I watched his "Analyzing White America" special. It was a scream.

I'm a huge fan of Mr. Mooney. I've watched all his standup and listened to his CDs. I think his best standup set was in "its the end of the world" I nearly died laughing when I watched that.

I don't think I'll ever understand how white people feel when they go into his shows knowing they'll be the butt of many if his jokes.

Londa

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
I use moisturiser but a lot of the time, when I take something out of my small pockets (tight), this happens. Shit, how much moisturiser must you use
Depends on the brand if you want to prevent ash long term. Never buy watery lotion. You will get ashy in 5 minutes.

DominoKid

i stopped using cocoa butter in middle school after i couldnt get this fat chick to stay off my jock. in retrospect i probably coulda told a teacher she was harassing me and she would've gotten in deep shit.

G-Fex

spindashing said:
excuse me, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

Oh, hey G-Fex. Thanks for stopping by.

I had no idea you were of the African American persuasion.

all my bestest friends I knew over the years were black, my current crush at work is this gorgeous lady named Martika. What a woman.

G-Fex said:

all my bestest friends I knew over the years were black, my current crush at work is this gorgeous lady named Martika. What a woman.

It's all a lie actually. He's not one of us!

RedSwirl

soundscream said:
I could do one of those thin beards,
mike-tomlin-beard1.jpg

I've been maintaining this for a few years now with a twice-a-week combination of:

vrwjur.jpg

2yyr4hf.jpg

and

qrksoy.jpg

I'm not really sure if it's working for bumps though. I really want to avoid having to shave daily, so any tips would help.

G-Fex said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol Yeah, I'm black. Is she black? Good luck with the jungle fever!

eternaLightness said:
It's all a lie actually. He's not one of us!
Don't listen to him! I'm only 1/8th's white.

RedSwirl said:
I'm not really sure if it's working for bumps though. I really want to avoid having to shave daily, so any tips would help.
I shave twice a week (Every Wednesday and Every Sunday), and I've found that it helps against bumps. If I keep that schedule, I rarely have any bumps to worry about.

Yasae

Banned
tarius1210 said:
Saw this video yesterday and was like "DAMN!!!".

So what does black-GAF think about Keke Wyatt?
Catchy. But why the autotune with singers of this caliber? I mean god, Keke Wyatt and Ruben Studdard???

This "tuning as a fad" bullshit has got to go.

Ok so as you folks know twitter gets some odd trends going.

So today I saw black people hobbies and white people hobbies trending in the us

Top tweet:

#whitepeoplehobbies Calling the cops.. #BlackPeopleHobbies Running..

At first I laughed then ... : / yeah

Urban Scholar said:

Top tweet:

Well, we are fast runners. I mean loo--yeah.

=(

Cheers for all the help boys! I'll take a look at Bump Control. Quick stupid question, but what do I do with the powder? Make a batter with water or just put it on my face then shave?

Londa said:
Depends on the brand if you want to prevent ash long term. Never buy watery lotion. You will get ashy in 5 minutes.

Weirdly being dark skinned I only fuck with watery based ones now. As the thick Palmers coco-butter was making me sweat beads just walking to the train station!

I use Aveeno on my face and shea butter sauce on my body. My nose is greasy as hell too, even when I wash with black soap, the shit automatically greases it self when I don't apply any sauce

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Meus Renaissance said:
I use moisturiser but a lot of the time, when I take something out of my small pockets (tight), this happens. Shit, how much moisturiser must you use
Don't use moisturiser. Don't need that shit. My hands are pretty great. In fact, people compliment me on my hands all the time.

I hate it when people use moisturiser, you know, when they go overkill. Turning their hands into some semi-reptile skinned shit. No thanks. yuck.

Londa

Banned
Veidt said:
Don't use moisturiser. Don't need that shit. My hands are pretty great. In fact, people compliment me on my hands all the time.

I hate it when people use moisturiser, you know, when they go overkill. Turning their hands into some semi-reptile skinned shit. No thanks. yuck.

I never knew this happened when you use too much lotion. Does it dry out the skin more when people do this?

SoilBreak

Banned
Urban Scholar said:

Top tweet:

:'( smh

Veidt said:

call me whatever, i'd beat the breaks off that brolic ass broad. When it comes time, all I see is ass and titties on her, ALOT of it.

Veidt said:
Child please

J@hranimo

Banned
Urban Scholar said:

Top tweet:

This is one of the reasons why I'm avoiding twitter more these days.

:(

Londa

Banned
eternaLightness said:
Man this thread fell asleep. So after 8 years, I'm finally gonna say goodbye to cornrows. Cutting it off today!
Wow 8 years? I think you like your decison once their gone. No more having to get your hair braided is something to look forward to.

eternaLightness said:
Man this thread fell asleep. So after 8 years, I'm finally gonna say goodbye to cornrows. Cutting it off today!
Welcome to the modern age.

When Luda, Busta and Carmelo Anthony did it, everyone should've gotten aboard the bandwagon.

Get you a tight caesar, and join the glorious master haircut race!

Top Bottom