• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Imm0rt4l

Not surprising to me, far more racist stuff can be found in cartoons of that era.

the guillotine was it for me. i still cant look at tom and jerry without getting angry. the housekeeper not so much since i used to watch the show with my grandma and she pointed that out for me.

wasn't that an episode where tom got murked so nonchalantly?

Edit: yea I remember that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Not surprising to me, far more racist stuff can be found in cartoons of that era.

wasn't that an episode where tom got murked so nonchalantly?

Edit: yea I remember that.

he got executed for a mouse having food. and the mice didnt give a shit either. ive been done ever since. maybe thats why i quit dexter

DominoKid

I just remember watching the Dukes of Hazard religiously and pops wouldn't say a thing as his sons watched the Duke boys climb into the General Lee and take care of business...

I couldn't even imagine what he thought about that situation lol

Dukes of Hazzard is awesome. I watch reruns sometimes when I'm flipping by CMT

he got executed for a mouse having food. and the mice didnt give a shit either. ive been done ever since. maybe thats why i quit dexter

Yeah, I remember that episode. Fucking Jerry is a god damned douchbag most of the time. Probably explains why some of my favorite eps contain

1) Them working together
2) Jerry getting the business

The episode with Tom's scaredy-cat cousin visiting? Absolute brilliance.

Parallax

Yeah, I remember that episode. Fucking Jerry is a god damned douchbag most of the time. Probably explains why some of my favorite eps contain

1) Them working together
2) Jerry getting the business

The episode with Tom's scaredy-cat cousin visiting? Absolute brilliance.

one of my favorites was actually the one with jerrys country singing uncle. as much as i cant stand the cartoon, i will watch that episode in its entirety every time it comes on.

Imm0rt4l

Seems that EVERYONE is making these type of videos now, things that (insert nationality) say. This one was pretty funny though. I noticed some of them from friends parents.

Yea shit was played, but mostly because a lot of em aren't even that accurate. This is one is SOOO spot on though.

Parallax

I don't recall this ep, and what happened with dexter?

this the showtime series mind you

doakes, the one non incompetent officer in the miami dade police force figured out that dexter was the one killing all those criminals. dexter trapped him in jimenez' cabin and planned to pin all of the stuff they found that points to dexter on him. dexters stalker ends up finding doakes in the cabin, and blows it up with him inside. dexter ends up offing said stalker, but isnt too grievous about the man he set up to kill

Imm0rt4l

I don't recall this ep, and what happened with dexter?

The Two Mousketeers.

doakes, the one non incompetent officer in the miami dade police force figured out that dexter was the one killing all those criminals. dexter trapped him in jimenez' cabin and planned to pin all of the stuff they found that points to dexter on him. dexters stalker ends up finding doakes in the cabin, and blows it up with him inside. dexter ends up offing said stalker, but isnt too grievous about the man he set up to kill
Doakes was one of the best characters on the show, so it was a real shame that things happened the way they did. It's been a horrible show the past few seasons.

...wow man I can see where you're coming with that hard.

The Two Mousketeers.

Ahh, I see this is one of my favorite eps mainly due to the French flavor to it.

Parallax

Doakes was one of the best characters on the show, so it was a real shame that things happened the way they did. It's been a horrible show the past few seasons.

...wow man I can see where you're coming with that hard.

when it happened, i calmly put the dvds back in their package and gave it back to my friend. when he asked if i wanted the next season, i politely declined and told him i had no more interest in the series.

Lebron

Yeah, it was all downhill after Doakes.

and Jerry was bitch made, I always rooted for Tom. They tried to make them all friends after the fact in that crappy movie where they talked. Fuck that, Jerry is forever a dick. Also, I didn't notice the racist housekeeper till I was older. Same thing with Mr. Popo from DBZ. Dat blatant racism.

I was never in to collecting cars as a kid but this shit right here?
liuJQ.gif

Baller.

Parallax

I was never in to collecting cars as a kid but this shit right here?
liuJQ.gif

Baller.

i had that and the blimp. and the useless pizza launcher thing. its amazing how shows were simply toy pushing devices back in the day, but it doesnt seem to bother me when thinking about it.

Lebron

It was all about that Ultrazord.

yiFTS.jpg

Kids couldn't even come within 50 ft of you on the playground if you rolled that motherfucker out. My parents sadly never could find that trolling Titanus, so I was not worthy.

Parallax

yiFTS.jpg

Kids couldn't even come within 50 ft of you on the playground if you rolled that motherfucker out. My parents sadly never could find that trolling Titanus, so I was not worthy.

the only power rangers related toy i had as a kid was the dragon dagger. and it was the only thing i wanted.....

yiFTS.jpg

As much as I loved Power Rangers back in the day (and even somewhat recently), I actually never owned any Power Rangers swag.

The only Power Rangers swag that I owned were the little action figures they sold in McDonalds before the movie.

I still have all of them laying somewhere with their zords.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I got the White Tiger Zord for Christmas and motherfuckers couldn't even talk to me.

I changed like Kanye.

But Green Ranger was best ranger. I still remember when he went up in the Megazord and regulated all of them. "Surprise motherfuckers!"

I remember him sharing his shield with the Black Ranger in one episode and having my mind blown like "dang Tommy can do that!?"

Plus he was smanging Kim and then Kat? Can't hate.

Parallax

I had friends back then who thought the Red Ranger was still better than Tommy was after he became the White Ranger.

We didn't talk anymore.

those are fighting words beef. jason is the ranger king. tommy might have had the power ups, but jason went up against goldar without powers. tommy fans need to get outta here with that.

Imm0rt4l

those are fighting words beef. jason is the ranger king. tommy might have had the power ups, but jason went up against goldar without powers. tommy fans need to get outta here with that.

iirc Jason came back as the gold ranger and still wasn't relevant. Nobody is checking for Jason son.

Ephemeris

How to stunt.
Step 1: Attain both the Red and Green ranger.
Step 2: Put Green ranger shield on red ranger.
Step 3: Ball.

Congratulations.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How to stunt.
Step 1: Attain both the Red and Green ranger.
Step 2: Let Green Ranger dual-wield Dragon Dagger & Red Ranger's Sword and hold off an Ultrazord 1 on 1.
Step 3: Ball.

Congratulations.

Then later donate Dragon Shield to puss ass Red Ranger for tax return.

Fixed.

Top Bottom