• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Saw Red Tails last night. Good movie. 8/10. Certainly better than most things out now that I've seen (we watch a bunch of movies.) Would recommend.

Chiave

That thread reminds me of the time when I was leaving my professor's office one afternoon and while I was walking by myself, I saw these two white sorority girls ahead of me. Before anything happened I immediately thought "oh hell, here we go"*rollseyes*. Anyway, we walked past each other and one of them said something and I didn't know wtf she said at first and then hit it me. It was actually pretty funny, when I came to the realization. "Did that bitch just call me nigger?" Then she was all like "yea, he hurd me!" I didn't say or do anything because, well, there just really isn't a way that I can "win" in that situation. So I kept walking.

Slayven

That thread reminds me of the time when I was leaving my professor's office one afternoon and while I was walking by myself, I saw these two white sorority girls ahead of me. Before anything happened I immediately thought "oh hell, here we go"*rollseyes*. Anyway, we walked past each other and one of them said something and I didn't know wtf she said at first and then hit me. It was actually pretty funny, when I came to the realization. "Did that bitch just call me nigger?" Then she was all like "yea, he hurd me!" I didn't say or do anything because, well, there just really isn't a way that I can "win" in that situation. So I kept walking.
Good, cause no matter how the confrontation would have went, they would have put you under the jail.

That thread reminds me of the time when I was leaving my professor's office one afternoon and while I was walking by myself, I saw these two white sorority girls ahead of me. Before anything happened I immediately thought "oh hell, here we go"*rollseyes*. Anyway, we walked past each other and one of them said something and I didn't know wtf she said at first and then hit it me. It was actually pretty funny, when I came to the realization. "Did that bitch just call me nigger?" Then she was all like "yea, he hurd me!" I didn't say or do anything because, well, there just really isn't a way that I can "win" in that situation. So I kept walking.
What the fuck.

Edit: No. I retract my statement. A big "WTF" goes to the bus thread, now that I open it.

Just skimmed the bus thread. Not sure if 2-3 people there are just trolling or depressingly ignorant.

Was their some kind of history? Context? Is it normal for white sorority to girls to murmur racial slurs as they walk by minorities? Where is this?

Chiave

Just skimmed the bus thread. Not sure if 2-3 people there are just trolling or depressingly ignorant.

Was their some kind of history? Context? Is it normal for white sorority to girls to murmur racial slurs as they walk by minorities? Where is this?

Frats and Sororities at my school are well known for many things and for being racist. I just try my best to avoid them.

<Edit> Didn't see the where.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Carolina_University

BMK8Y.gif

My two sentence review of RED TAILS caused a minor shit-storm on my FB page.

Couldn't get a few responses in before some dude started crying about the film being redundant. I tried to get him to clarify and then he started spouted shit that sounded potentially racist. Asked to further clarify and he just can't do it. I have never seen this guy in this light before. It's bizarre.

Am I crazy or did they put the two lightest skinneded dudes on the poster?

That new Nicki.....no words.

Imm0rt4l

Couldn't get a few responses in before some dude started crying about the film being redundant. I tried to get him to clarify and then he started spouted shit that sounded potentially racist. Asked to further clarify and he just can't do it. I have never seen this guy in this light before. It's bizarre.
I feel a little more compelled to watch it since it seems to be watchable, and also because I hate seeing good efforts go to waste because of stupid peoples prejudices.

i feel that. arguing in circles with saty is making my head hurt

He can be a good guy, but arguing with him is an exercise in futility. Better to just make your point and leave it be.

Just read through some of that bus thread, fuck that thread.

I admire your patience MWS. I would've popped a blood vessel trying to address all of the ignorance a vocal minority spews.

Yeah now that we have a search function I just found an old post of mine with those most of those links in it. I should just start bookmarking all of those studies lol.

shoulda said something witty like "baby, you're just saying that because you don't know what you're missing"

The worst is when someone mentions they can't relate to a certain character and you're pretty sure it's because of their race or gender.

Yeah now that we have a search function I just found an old post of mine with those most of those links in it. I should just start bookmarking all of those studies lol.

I said my peace and had to leave but the sheer fact that people were twisting words to paint most who called her act stupid as if we were saying it was right or justified, made me realize that it was a waste of time to continue posting in that thread.

I thought my first post was clear enough but for good measure made a second and left. There is no point in arguing with people like that because they aren't going to be swayed. They are the type that have confirmation bias and will twist open ended situations to their advantage.

Edit: That NM video is horrible. I am impressed because I know who she is talking about and she isn't pulling any punches. I still don't like most of her music nor her style. I don't know why she felt she needed to make a music video for that song.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He can be a good guy, but arguing with him is an exercise in futility. Better to just make your point and leave it be.

He's not a bad guy, but you have to spend so much time reeling him back into the realm of logic that its hard to even remember what your own points were sometimes...

But yeah, I loved how people kept saying that people were sticking up for their race in there. Then the whole "Why isn't there an Italian American president? HMMM??"

Imm0rt4l

The president has great taste.

Metropolis and archandroid are sooo dope.

yall dont think Nicki is kawaii desu ne~?

I've always found her to be obnoxious as fuck.

He's not a bad guy, but you have to spend so much time reeling him back into the realm of logic that its hard to even remember what your own points were sometimes...

But yeah, I loved how people kept saying that people were sticking up for their race in there. Then the whole "Why isn't there an Italian American president? HMMM??"

Italian american president wut. I'm not going back there.

Dead Man

Hey blackGAF, got a question for you. I have been working with some middle eastern kids who have come to Australia as asylum seekers, we have a care facility in town so they are ont isolated out in the bush like the adults are. Anyway, most of the other workers there are former refugees themselves, mostly from Africa. These middle eastern kids hate them so much they make up complaints about them to try and get them in shit with management. Management knows whats up so it is more of an irritation than anything else, but it really surprised me. They are mostly Islamic and mostly Afghani and Persian. Has anyone experienced this from other middle eastern people?

Top Bottom