• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

zero_suit

Hey blackGAF, got a question for you. I have been working with some middle eastern kids who have come to Australia as asylum seekers, we have a care facility in town so they are ont isolated out in the bush like the adults are. Anyway, most of the other workers there are former refugees themselves, mostly from Africa. These middle eastern kids hate them so much they make up complaints about them to try and get them in shit with management. Management knows whats up so it is more of an irritation than anything else, but it really surprised me. They are mostly Islamic and mostly Afghani and Persian. Has anyone experienced this from other middle eastern people?

Black people are the most hated in the world, unfortunately.

I wouldn't say they universally hate black people. They're fine with the black muslims for example

Or maybe they just tolerate, I dunno. I'm cool with a lot of people from that region

This thread is ban-bait. I just have to chime in and say that I love black people. They stand up to more adversity everyday just because of their skin color, and it's not fair. They have every right to everything else everyone else can attain. I can identify with that because I struggle everyday with bi-polar, and I feel marginalized like they sometimes can be. Some of my best friends are black. But it's changing. The public is finally waking up and electing black presidents, Halle Barry is won an oscar a few years back...The media (especially the evening news and popular music) would have you believe that all black people are criminals, gang bangers, but the truth is that they're just like everybody else living their lives day to day, working an honest living, cooking meals, raising families...

Black Dynamite was an awesome movie.

DON'T BAN ME! I'm just wearing my <3 on my sleeve

Satch

Banned
This thread is ban-bait. I just have to chime in and say that I love black people. They stand up to more adversity everyday just because of their skin color, and it's not fair. They have every right to everything else everyone else can attain. I can identify with that because I struggle everyday with bi-polar, and I feel marginalized like they sometimes can be. Some of my best friends are black. But it's changing. The public is finally waking up and electing black presidents, Halle Barry is won an oscar a few years back...

after your posts in the girl-gaf thread, all i have to say is LOL

i don't get why you keep doing this. it comes off completely insincere

This thread is ban-bait. I just have to chime in and say that I love black people. They stand up to more adversity everyday just because of their skin color, and it's not fair. They have every right to everything else everyone else can attain. I can identify with that because I struggle everyday with bi-polar, and I feel marginalized like they sometimes can be. Some of my best friends are black. But it's changing. The public is finally waking up and electing black presidents, Halle Barry is won an oscar a few years back...The media (especially the evening news and popular music) would have you believe that all black people are criminals, gang bangers, but the truth is that they're just like everybody else living their lives day to day, working an honest living, cooking meals, raising families...

Juniors sure love getting fame and attention on gaf :)

TheyTookOurJobs posts remind me of someone who just isn't that socially knowledgeable. Just a lot of awkward/ignorant posts and viewpoints. I was trying not to comment it on it, but now he's here in Black America GAF, I just don't know, man.

I just don't know.

SoilBreak

Banned

4/10

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Ban bait? We've had many trolls in here and very few people have actually been banned.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
TheyTookOurJobs posts remind me of someone who just isn't that socially knowledgeable. Just a lot of awkward/ignorant posts and viewpoints. I was trying not to comment it on it, but now he's here in Black America GAF, I just don't know, man.

I just don't know.
Well, lets see if we can prevent him from turning into shan like person

So just got back from seeing Red Tails....very good. Dogfights were entertaining to watch, dialogue was okay. Overall, was satisfied with the end result

Heh, I was taking the opportunity to quote Obie Trice.

But I do find the 'burbs to be rather peaceful.

Ahh gotcha.

The suburbs are too quiet for me. I prefer townships. Tbh I think the quieter life style would do very, very well to a lot of teens. When I moved away from the city the difference between High Schools was night and day. I was mind blown when people were coming up to me and welcoming me to the school and showing me around cause' I was the new kid. That was just so utterly different from what I was used to in city HS.

So, so different.

after your posts in the girl-gaf thread, all i have to say is LOL
Oh god thanks for pointing that out. Some funny shit

Top Bottom