• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Exactly what it says, basically throwing your race away, by dating someone of a race different than your own. ie wanting to be white, therefore you marry a white woman.

Timedog got banned? wut.

Called someone an idiot directly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35503071&postcount=5307
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35503242&postcount=5327
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35503255&postcount=5328
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35503433&postcount=5347

Imm0rt4l

Props to TD for calling dude out though, he was right. Everybody is complacent with womens rights withing that community because it's a 'good ol' boys' sort of thing. I mean they have a designated creeper cam to scope out chicks at tournaments. Even if it is amusing, they shouldn't be endorsing it outright.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'll be honest, that thread title keeps me out more than anything else. I can't explain it.

Props to TD for calling dude out though, he was right. Everybody is complacent with womens rights withing that community because it's a 'good ol' boys' sort of thing. I mean they have a designated creeper cam to scope out chicks at tournaments. Even if it is amusing, they shouldn't be endorsing it outright.

Ugh. This is the kind of shit that is just making me distance myself from the hobby.

DY_nasty

I personally refuse to go to large gatherings of people that enjoy the shame shit I do. One I have a low funk tolerance and two it would be embarrassing for all involved.

A friend of mine convinced me that going to an anime convention would be fun and said I'd meet a lot of cool people.

Never again.

Imm0rt4l

Ugh. This is the kind of shit that is just making me distance myself from the hobby.

I don't blame you, but it should be noted that the creeper cam was an East Coast thing and was at only a few Major tournaments, but the scenes aside from that are friendly enough.

I personally refuse to go to large gatherings of people that enjoy the shame shit I do. One I have a low funk tolerance and two it would be embarrassing for all involved.

Man, I've attended EVO a few times and not gonna lie there is some funk, particularly on the first day, the makeup of the fighting game community isn't even really largely 'geeks', so I can only imagine how much worse an anime/cosplay convention is.

A friend of mine convinced me that going to an anime convention would be fun and said I'd meet a lot of cool people.

Never again.

your friend has a funny definition of cool.....I don't wanna judge all anime/cosplay nerds as being socially awkward/weird.....but I can't see myself really hanging with someone on a regular basis that would be like "yo man we got this otaku convention comin up, I'ma dress up as Naruto".

DominoKid

Never again.

haha a friend of mine tried to get me to go to Animazement but i had a scheduling conflict that weekend.

when i saw the pics on his facebook a few days later i was so happy i was already busy that day cause i actually would've gone.

I must've been lucky, since I've never encountered anyone who was soooo sooooo soooooo funkdafied while attending anime cons. The worst story I have is being forced to walk down 20+ floors because someone pulled the fire alarm in the hotel me and my friends were staying at. Needless to say, we were all legit pissed, but they were all mad at me for calling it halfway down to the lobby.
Man, I've attended EVO a few times and not gonna lie there is some funk, particularly on the first day, the makeup of the fighting game community isn't even really largely 'geeks', so I can only imagine how much worse an anime/cosplay convention is.

Don't forget about the dreaded "EVOla Virus."

DY_nasty

I remember kicking it off with this girl who was actually cute and didn't come off as batshit crazy. We grabbed some food and sat down off to the side when her phone rang. She picked it up and said "Moshi Moshi" in some extra high pitched voice and I was fucking done.

G-Fex

I remember kicking it off with this girl who was actually cute and didn't come off as batshit crazy. We grabbed some food and sat down off to the side when her phone rang. She picked it up and said "Moshi Moshi" in some extra high pitched voice and I was fucking done.

yeah...I don't blame you. That'd be annoying.

Imm0rt4l

Miss+Hannah+Minx+1.jpg

'Twas the cleavage

desu desu

Slayven

Did you flip over the table and walked away like a boss?

DominoKid

i know that feel.

I don't blame you, but it should be noted that the creeper cam was an East Coast thing and was at only a few Major tournaments, but the scenes aside from that are friendly enough.

There are a lot of odd things at EVO... The only thing I remember smelling was weed permeating entire floors at the Rio lol

I didn't catch evola luckily.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Never again.
A friend of mine was trying to get me to go to anime expo a few years ago. I turned him down. This summer when rolling with him and some of our friends, we were rolling downtown and the expo just ended. Two things crossed my mind. One, that I am really glad that I didn't attend years ago, and two, those people are gonna venture too far and get really fucked up.

Slayven

I would hang with Parallax and Urban at Morphicon. But 3 brothers walking together is considered gang activity. And I am not catching a nightsticks for nobody.

Hurt my ears just thinking about it. Was she Japanese at least?

DY_nasty

A friend of mine was trying to get me to go to anime expo a few years ago. I turned him down. This summer when rolling with him and some of our friends, we were rolling downtown and the expo just ended. Two things crossed my mind. One, that I am really glad that I didn't attend years ago, and two, those people are gonna venture too far and get really fucked up.

Yeah. There was a huge disconnect. Some of the people there just went to have a good time. The majority... they're detached.

Bring a white person with you.

It's true. Me and some friends were in a 7-Eleven and one of the people working there not so subtly was sweeping the side of the aisles and just so happened to be sweeping the end of the aisle we were in...even as we up and down them.

Another time, we were in there with a white friend and the same guy was there. Nothing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I would hang with Parallax and Urban at Morphicon. But 3 brothers walking together is considered gang activity. And I am not catching a nightsticks for nobody.
At morphicon? Shit. That's asking for a grandiose beatdown

Holy shit, I searched morphicon in wiki, and furry convention came up. The fuck?

DominoKid

"Chip don't do it man!"

There are things worse then anime cons. Historical Miniature Gaming conventions. Imagine being the only brother in a room full of civil war buffs. Fucked them up that I use to love play Confederate.

i wonder what TCG tournaments are like.

my cousin dragged me along to one of his local Magic events w/o telling me beforehand where we were going. he thought it'd be a good idea since i used to like shit like that in middle school but i just felt totally out of place. it was weird to be the "uncool" one in their crew since i didnt play.

the amusing thing was how they all fawned over the one chick that was in their club and then her boyfriend rolled through to pick her up and he's some regular looking guy. you could fill a dump truck with the amount of salt in the room when he came in.

Top Bottom