• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I need to find some of these white chicks that go specifically for black dudes.

low-hanging fruit and whatnot.

Cause the white chicks I end up trying to pull are fucking difficult as shit.
But then again most of the white chicks I go after come from high social standing.

Play dumb. You'd be surprised how well it works for those types.

Ask her to teach you how to spell your name.

I can't make this stuff up. So that racist Youth coach that called Whitney a dumb n* has resigned. While he didn't offer up any apologies or remorse, he did leave some choice quotes.

I can't deal with it anymore. I'm here to volunteer to help kids, and this is the [expletive] I have to go through," Kelly told the Sun-Times.

Kelly, the league board's former president, had originally planned to continue to serve on the board, even as he was banned from coaching for the next year and asked to complete a sensitivity training course.

He came under fire after the mother of a former league player, who is black, saw the Facebook post, which has since been deleted, and alerted other community parents and children to it by reposting it on the group's Facebook page, Patch reports.

The post in question went on to read, "she's the dumb ass that decided to do drugs n kill herself stay with that woman beater ... she blew more $$ up her nose than most of ye will make in yer lifetime ... there are kids dying real fathers n mothers fighting for their lives...grow up ye dumb assess...think she'd give a flying f*** about u???? Just saying."

Kelly, who ran unsuccessfully in the 2008 Democratic primary for Cook County Recorder of Deeds, claims that the controversy has "ruined" his life, that he is not a racist and that he "didn't even realize I put [the epithet] in until after I sent it."

It appears he was just misunderstood. People act like gay never had a type-o befwhore.

he didn't realize he put it in there is the most telling part.

so... he coaches black kids too... yeah, i can see why he would resign.

how would the kids and parents trust him again?

Any sneakerheads in here?
I know of these things, but I don't really participate, I go for the 'inspired by' designer stuff hah. There are some Jordan lovers around here somewhere. Not much talk about SB's and such. I doubt you'll find many people here with 30+ pairs in pristine boxes and bagged spare laces, though. ;)

ok, what thread did i miss when i was playing BF3? i went back 5 pages and it's usually obvious by the thread title.

edit: nevermind, i saw it, how did i miss that the first time?

I'm 'bout to watch the Help. Last movie I watched was Monster's Ball and I found it offensive, so let's see what the Help has to offer, beyond black mammy characters white people can gush about.

DY_nasty

I think I'm finally hitting the wall of "black men don't have long term goals". Its becoming pretty obvious every time I mirror check myself. All of my goals (if you could even call them that) have been relatively short term and if not they've been incredibly unrealistic... which is good and bad. Either way, I need to grow up and learn how to look ahead but I'm not really sure where to start.
lo, I have the Blind Side in queue as well. I've made it a point to watch 'em, cause all of these films have been well represented at the Oscars. (through outright wins or nominations)
i'll never forget that movie. if only some little white woman had come into my neighborhood and stared down the drug dealers to save me.

SonnyBoy

I think I'm finally hitting the wall of "black men don't have long term goals". Its becoming pretty obvious every time I mirror check myself. All of my goals (if you could even call them that) have been relatively short term and if not they've been incredibly unrealistic... which is good and bad. Either way, I need to grow up and learn how to look ahead but I'm not really sure where to start.

I kinda feel where you're coming from. I'm 27, have a great job in IT and purchased a home 2 years ago. But I have this weird feeling that I'm never doing enough, should be further along, etc etc. #shrug IMO, I think that some of it stems from not being introduced to other ways of moving ahead. For example, I'm not well versed in the stockmarket and I feel like I'm lagging far behind.

Tell us what you think. I don't think I have any real interest in the movie.

Eh, I really enjoyed it. It didn't come off as boring or cliche to me. And I'm easily turned off to those things.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i'll never forget that movie. if only some little white woman had come into my neighborhood and stared down the drug dealers to save me.
Like my grandmother used to say, the only white people that would willing come into the hood are either crazy or cops.

DY_nasty

Its weird, I feel like I'm aiming low but I'm damned good at my job. I just feel like I'm being shortsighted in a lot of ways. I probably am, but I used to measure myself against a lot of the people back home and... well, that will only take you so far.
Like my grandmother used to say, the only white people that would willing come into the hood are either crazy or cops.

I love Sandra Bullock too. But that whole movie was just... ugh. But I remember being forced into choosing between that and Precious by a girl at the time. Precious was just never going to happen.

Its weird, I feel like I'm aiming low but I'm damned good at my job. I just feel like I'm being shortsighted in a lot of ways. I probably am, but I used to measure myself against a lot of the people back home and... well, that will only take you so far.

I love Sandra Bullock too. But that whole movie was just... ugh. But I remember being forced into choosing between that and Precious by a girl at the time. Precious was just never going to happen.
Precious.
I felt physically ill watching that film.

the director of it, Lee Daniels, is behind Monster's Ball too. His seems to like putting black people in obscene or grotesque situations to draw attention to his films. He definitely has an agenda. One of his interviews, he admits to having an axe to grind against the black community for some pretty hardcore abuse he took as a gay man. so I guess making films with pathologically backwards black people is cathartic for him.

DY_nasty

That would explain a lot... I only watched the sex scene in Monster's Ball so I guess I lucked out. #shameless
Wonder if there's any White saviour movies in the works. Anyone know? Surely if you want a quick Oscar this is the route to take.

There was that one with Gerard Butler saving African children... haven't heard any news on that in a while though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

I was in the same boat. I wanted to watch fucking ninja assassin, but me and my friend were overpowered by the women in the group. I sure as hell wasn't watching precious, so that was the only option...

Top Bottom