• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
looking at that video and the way she dances around without a care as she does it bothers me...

fuck it, im gonna have a drink, listen to wendy and lisa and try to black out....

Trolling white bitch in the park http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIS2wJkDp8s

Just this once I might just have to choke a bitch

There is a longer version here, filmed from a different angle : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cibjUhQN0Qg

It's actually more rude than in it seems. You see him walk up to the park, and she runs up and speaks to him briefly. Then she takes off her sweater and throws it in the lake. In the longer version you can see that he's actually bent over trying to get her sweater for her....she pushes him and his briefcase in the pond for his troubles.

He handled it well, considering how furious I personally would have been.

All this shit is making me scared as fuck to come to NY next year. THings in London aren't great, but all these innocent people getting shot dead and shit...

SMH

On another note, I think my mumma wants me to find a nice African girl to settle down with. Problem is it's been years since I've dated a sister. Fucked, yes, but not dated. I just have this weird fascination with white chicks. Not the thick, hip-blessed girls, but all types, especially slender, rosey English red cheeked brunette girls...

Cotdamn, help be Bro-GAF

All this shit is making me scared as fuck to come to NY next year. THings in London aren't great, but all these innocent people getting shot dead and shit...

Honestly, as an outsider looking in, I've really grown to hate New York over these past couple of years.

The cops there are a racist, fascist, militarized gang. The cities all have some of the worst segregation, and the areas that don't have the worst gentrification. Cops killing black teens left and right and not being charged with shit.

When I hear the shit about "we have 180 different cultures here" or "this is the worlds capital" or whatever I just want to roll my fucking eyes. If you're black, it seems no better than bum fuck Mississippi.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There is a longer version here, filmed from a different angle : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cibjUhQN0Qg

It's actually more rude than in it seems. You see him walk up to the park, and she runs up and speaks to him briefly. Then she takes off her sweater and throws it in the lake. In the longer version you can see that he's actually bent over trying to get her sweater for her....she pushes him and his briefcase in the pond for his troubles.

He handled it well, considering how furious I personally would have been.
i wish I could understand what the woman behind the camera was saying.

Honestly, as an outsider looking in, I've really grown to hate New York over these past couple of years.

The cops there are a racist, fascist, militarized gang. The cities all have some of the worst segregation, and the areas that don't have the worst gentrification. Cops killing black teens left and right and not being charged with shit.

When I hear the shit about "we have 180 different cultures here" or "this is the worlds capital" or whatever I just want to roll my fucking eyes. If you're black, it seems no better than bum fuck Mississippi.

I would say the Bay Area is cool but the elephant in the room is Oscar Grant and the police are still big bullshit clubs like Oakland PD. You're just not safe anywhere from it and yet people keep acting like every one of these events is a "single lone gunman" when it's a larger cultural narrative.

Bleepey

SMH

On another note, I think my mumma wants me to find a nice African girl to settle down with. Problem is it's been years since I've dated a sister. Fucked, yes, but not dated. I just have this weird fascination with white chicks. Not the thick, hip-blessed girls, but all types, especially slender, rosey English red cheeked brunette girls...

Cotdamn, help be Bro-GAF

Where are you from originally? I was kinda like you, where i was like do i even like black girls anymore. Then i went to my uni for my masters. There are about 3 sexy as fuck black girls on my fricking course.I have the hugest crush on this fellow Nigerian girl with an American accent. She dresses to the 9s every day, is a cute petite thing and she is an international student so is from moneu and apparently her ex was rich. I have a shabby beard at the moment, kinda broke and i think i pissed her off when i couldn't make meetings for school meeting. She kinda knows i think she is cute cos a girl told her i think she is "sexy" ( i used those wwords too) and when she asked me if it was true i didn't know what to say and so i looked down at the floor embarressed. Unfortunately, everytime i have tried to say a joke or chat to her it ain't happening. I am not even reall upset about it. If this was me when i was 18: a sexy as fuck Nigerian girl, with an American accent, with a body like hers.... shit. I am not sure if i am joking if i say i'd have been looking for marriage. Only thing i really don't like about her is her weave. Urhhh. Same shit with this other African girl at my undergrad, sexy as fuck broad but her weave was just to weavealicious for me. If i didn't have yellow fever at the time... my friends cussed the shit out of me and to be honest with you i don't blame them saying i am destined to marry a Chinese girl cos looking back the asian girl i was smittenwith not only was not interested but was nowhere near as cute.

No. White. I just got a thing for dark skinned dudes.

Well, you are a white woman

pNxDp.gif

This gif is awesome. What the hell is that from.

A church program that used to come on The Word Network. I actually watched it once or twice. It was shockingly bad (impossible to follow, convoluted commentaries), and the preacher sounded like Bernie Mac.

Oh, and the church was arranged like a high school cafeteria. long benches, where everyone faced each other and had to turn to look towards the pulpit.

Show's name was "Dr. Shine/Shyne and Dee Dee".

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQDy1r45YC4

the commercial.

That gif is astonishing. Just wow....
wait until you see the commercial!

A church program that used to come on The Word Network. I actually watched it once or twice. It was shockingly bad (impossible to follow, convoluted commentaries), and the preacher sounded like Bernie Mac.

Oh, and the church was arranged like a high school cafeteria. long benches, where everyone faced each other and had to turn to look towards the pulpit.

Show's name was "Dr. Shine/Shyne and Dee Dee".

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQDy1r45YC4

the commercial.

wait until you see the commercial!

HOLY FUCK that is great. Why wasn't I ever linked this. That's going to be hard to top today.

HOLY FUCK that is great. Why wasn't I ever linked this. That's going to be hard to top today.

and he talked with that irritating, Bernie Mac-like voice every episode I saw.

My friends and I used to watch it just to die laughing.

Dr. Shine and Dee Dee, teaching Christians how to transform into fighter jets to attack the world with the Word.
I wish there were some episodes online. It was largely unintelligible and an embarrassment to Christianity as a whole.

I would say the Bay Area is cool but the elephant in the room is Oscar Grant and the police are still big bullshit clubs like Oakland PD. You're just not safe anywhere from it and yet people keep acting like every one of these events is a "single lone gunman" when it's a larger cultural narrative.

Seconded. Parts of the Bay are cool, parts aren't. I love being followed for absolutely no reason for blocks.

Seconded. Parts of the Bay are cool, parts aren't. I love being followed for absolutely no reason for blocks.

Where was this? Also the suburban parts of the Bay Area are so white, like Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Livermore etc. Forgot to mention you have "Piedmont" which is basically Oakland but named differently in 1907 to keep their property values up and still remains this way.

Slayven

I want to go to a Raiders game and stand in the parking lot with a bullhorn and list why they suck. I wonder how man fans would I take down with me?

industry blacklisted for not bouncing on the right dick iirc.
there was a post in one of the gaf-hop threads about it.

I saw the Mya pick and just thought "DAMN"

And I got curious:

mya-12.jpg

Yep.
Never heard the blacklisted story though, it was all sent through PMs in that thread.

Onemic

San Fran? I always told myself that once I finish my degree and get enough money to move, I'd live there. Perfect 20 degree weather all year round.

Top Bottom