• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Meat themed borough? I thought you were from San Fran?

I don't live there. I'm in the Bay Area, go to school and chill in SF. I haven't talked with pals much about their experiences living there as a minority since most of my pals are scattered in the Bay Area as well. And honestly? It's cheaper to live outside of SF and commute in.

Speaking of San Francisco, I lived out near Santa Cruz for a couple years so I went up there quite a bit. Somewhere in a random, recent conversation with one of my bosses (we're in Baltimore btw) I told him that SF is like my 3rd or 4th favorite cities to go to. And completely serious he goes, "Dude that place has a lot of dirty liberals."....*facepalm* This and Ron Paul supporters is the shit I have to deal with on the daily. Remember; as bad as things my seem, you could always be Bay Maximus.

Onemic

I don't live there. I'm in the Bay Area, go to school and chill in SF. I haven't talked with pals much about their experiences living there as a minority since most of my pals are scattered in the Bay Area as well. And honestly? It's cheaper to live outside of SF and commute in.

Really, anywhere in the Bay Area is fine for me as long as it's not Oakland. I heard housing prices in San Fran are through the roof though.

Imm0rt4l

Whats a good remedy for razor bumps?

Go electric.

or use this

yhst-88462588038071_2199_146628190

Nakazato

They have shave gels out there designed just for black skin, but I eliminate them by using an electric razor. If I use a normal one I'll break out like a mofo and I can't have that shit.
i wish electric razor would work for me i still breakout using one :(

might try bump b gone

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yeah I have to use an electric or the situation gets fucked up. I wonder if one of those old school knife-like razors they use in the barber shop would leave less bumps, cause my electric doesn't get that close. Do they make an electric for black/thick hair?

I use some sensitive skin gel myself, but I also use a Merkur safety razor, Shark Chrome disposable blades(you can but like, a hundred of the mothafuckers for $10 on Amazon), and this gel I use afterwards.

Whatever you buy, make sure it contains Salicylic Acid. That's the ingredient that gets rid of dark spots, blemishes, and those razor bumps.

It has helped me TREMENDOUSLY.

And everybody's skin is different. The gel I use doesn't have any alcohol, because the alcohol dries up my skins like a MOTHAfucka, but other people swear by. You kinda got to experiment with stuff and see what works for you.

And I always shave after a hot shower. The warm water helps open the pores of the skin, and helps prevent the bumps from even happening.

Where was this? Also the suburban parts of the Bay Area are so white, like Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Livermore etc. Forgot to mention you have "Piedmont" which is basically Oakland but named differently in 1907 to keep their property values up and still remains this way.

Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Downtown SF.

Onemic

Ya, I need an electric and even that gives me bumps if I don't shave at least every other day. I feel like if you use a normal razor and shave everyday it should be fine...but I've never tried it and don't want to run the risk of my face turning into a goomba from the super mario bros movie.

Yasae

Banned
I don't grow much facial hair, I just trim with some clippers.
While we're at it, can we have a concensus on "bad" facial hair? So many guys on GAF who can fill in their beard perfectly say they have crummy facial hair. Dafuq?

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
How topical, I just shaved for the first time in a while using a disposable razor. YUP, still destroys my face. Best I can do is use electric to trim, and let the barber handle the rest.

Slayven

How topical, I just shaved for the first time in a while using a disposable razor. YUP, still destroys my face. Best I can do is use electric to trim, and let the barber handle the rest.

I got a Mach 3 in the mail right about the time they first came out and used it, fucked my face up something fierce. Worse part was I used it on my head too and I had razor bumps all over my head.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I got a Mach 3 in the mail right about the time they first came out and used it, fucked my face up something fierce. Worse part was I used it on my head too and I had razor bumps all over my head.

I still use the Mach 3 but I don't bump up that badly

Top Bottom