• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

To answer the earlier question about if there were any black villains in video games:

ijdAL.jpg

Fuckin' LOVED this game.
Man I used to fuck people up with David Banner..lol

ReiGun

as a fan of those N64 wrestling games, i could just never get into the Def Jam games.

Is that right? I used to love those wrestling games too (me and the kids in the neighborhood would have weekly all night sessions in No Mercy), and I was interested in Def Jam cause it reminded me of them. Well, that, and all the star power behind the game.

Slayven

So only thing I can take away from the thread is "deal with it" and "Stop being criminals black people". I tried baby Jeebus, I tried.

So only thing I can take away from the thread is "deal with it" and "Stop being criminals black people". I tried baby Jeebus, I tried.

Dr-Doom.jpg

You have disappointed us for the last time, Slayven. We at the BlackGAF committee have revoked your black thread making powers in exchange for allowing you to live with the shame you have brought us all.

This is the deal, pray we do not alter it any further.

I remember being SO HYPED for Icon. I was working at a Game Crazy, and I was letting people know about it when we would have to pitch a pre-order game while answering phones. Then I finally got my hands on the game....

I felt like I owed every single person I talked to an apology.

This. 2 was just sooo damn good. I hardly ever beat games more than once and I beat that game about 3-4 times within a few weeks. Lil Flip's finishing move was sick. And mixing different fighting styles gave the game some depth and replayability. My face literally dropped while playing the Def Jam: Icon demo. Like finding out Santa wasn't real.

I remember being really excited for those Def Jam games, but never buying or playing them. Now this thread has me thinking I ought to hunt them down.

1 sucks. 3 sucks. 2 (Fight for NY) is the bomb.com. Go cop that now and thank me later.

I'd put that MYA booty over my own mother.

Kinky

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
That picture above is why yours truly is an assman. Also thanks for the heads up for the new Esperanza album.

Anyone know of any other unique sounding Black female vocalists?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dr-Doom.jpg

You have disappointed us for the last time, Slayven. We at the BlackGAF committee have revoked your black thread making powers in exchange for allowing you to live with the shame you have brought us all.

So doom is vader now?

Slayven

Dr-Doom.jpg

It was a Doombot.

RedSwirl

To answer the earlier question about if there were any black villains in video games:

ijdAL.jpg

Fuckin' LOVED this game.

Do I really need to grab that game if I ever find it? I never actually BOUGHT NBA Street 2 either (but played the hell out of it). Is 2 still the best one?

Shame they ruined that franchise after that.

I played the shit out of that game. My created character was some 6'4 version of myself with a tanktop. Throwing snoop out of a 5 story building made my day. Too bad the one for ps3/360 sucked.

The one thing I loved about the game? Besides NBA games, it was the first game I played where they actually had black hairstyles.

To think, they would never actually top this game's wrestling OR story, after 10 years of advancement

To think what they did to the sequel of this game....

The problem is that they changed developers after this game. These are the same guys that brought us WCW vs NWO Revenge and WWF No Mercy. They're actually a Japanese dev called AKI, and for some reason they never got contracted for another fighting game after that. I'm still trying to figure out why. Since they they've only been able to do a bunch of licensed bullshit... and the PSP Yakuza games which never came out over here.

Stop looking at my wife, sommbitch.
First it's that one chick from Mean Girls, now it's Mya! Make up your damn mind, good sir.
Forgive my sins, I am about to eat KFC
You can join Spindashing in eating your inferior chicken.
Do I really need to grab that game if I ever find it?
Yes, yes, by all means yes. The XBox 1 version is the best version if you can play it, but the Gamecube and PS2 versions are good despite having their own problems (Gamecube version you can't customize voices; PS2 has awful load times).

Onemic

Okay, no more posting in those 2 threads. It's making me go crazy, but yet I can't help but go back.... At this rate I'm gonna end up on the wall of shame.

Top Bottom