• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Black males are endangered. It's not long before most of us just disappear.....

Well, I guess it's up to white boys like me to co-opt your culture and keep this shit alive then.

So, anyone going out for halloween? I'm going as a sexy, funky cowboy.

etiolate

Banned
Himuro said:
I never understood the black folks who act "ghetto" but live in the suburbs.

I called it pastel graffiti in high school. I always thought it was a bit of a slap in the face to their parents for going to a nice neighborhood and then finding their kid acting like "ma why can't I have purple drank and bullets whizzing by the window?"

When I'm walking down the street and I see a white person approaching I cross the street to switch sides. I do it cause I hate it when people do this to me, so I do it first to beat them to it :lol. Is this normal / does anyone else do this?

Kids just wanna fit in and do so by identifying with the most popular parts of their community/culture. for young black men, that's limited to athletes and music stars...all of which overwhelmingly directly or indirectly encourage and endorse the urban style and urban culture.

that's pretty simple, tbh. nobody wants to be the outlier..the "corny" black dude. that's a recipie for no pussy if you're < 25.

Imm0rt4l

Whoompthereitis said:
Well, I guess it's up to white boys like me to co-opt your culture and keep this shit alive then.

So, anyone going out for halloween? I'm going as a sexy, funky cowboy.
I want to be black dynamite, thats probably not gonna happen now though.

samus i am said:
When I'm walking down the street and I see a white person approaching I cross the street to switch sides. I do it cause I hate it when people do this to me, so I do it first to beat them to it :lol. Is this normal / does anyone else do this?

I don't do it, but I've seen it done. I've had white friends that I'll be walking with and will still avoid any vaguely dangerous looking black person. Its funny to me.

spindashing said:
...Whoah WHAT? PLAYBOY WTFFFF :lol
YOU MISSED THAT? BRAH.

BRAH.

braaaaaah. Get on that shit now. it was a 6 or 7 page spread, IIRC. everything was so righteous. mmmmm.

Lebron said:
heart. broken.

captmcblack said:
She has nudes?

I'm about to light candles and run a bath for myself, man. Holy SHIT.
shit son. GET ON YOUR GOOGLE.

Lebron

Seriously, I though that was just common men knowledge. Like Halle Berry showing those zam bams.

I first saw Illegal in Blue, and thanked the based God. Then the playboy pics came later, and I thanked the based God again.

Lebron said:
Yup, they were blind but can now see!
pretty awesome that all you have to do is search "stacey dash playboy" and the very first link offers them all.

the photos in that white bed...and out in that field...

*bites lip*

Lebron

Dreams-Visions said:
pretty awesome that all you have to do is search "stacey dash playboy" and the very first link offers them all.

the photos in that white bed...and out in that field...

*bites lip*
Also search Stacy Dash Illegal in Blue and then...

35jksuw.jpg

Clearly I'm watching it right now. I don't know who that guy is, but he made my all-time hate on list.

man, Illegal in Blue was one of my favorite "sneak into the den and watch skinemax while my parents were sleep" movies growing up

Good times. Shit, I want to watch an Emmanuelle movie now...

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
soul creator said:
man, Illegal in Blue was one of my favorite "sneak into the den and watch skinemax while my parents were sleep" movies growing up

Good times. Shit, I want to watch an Emmanuelle movie now...

so true. :lol

....Oh god, I stumbled upon those Playboy pictues.

And I will check Illegal in Blue later

THANK YOU, BASED GOD. No, THANK YOU, NEGROGAF.

also look what my mom picked up for the whole family after work:

0Bvdc.jpg

no grilled chicken though .... ._.

So my mom was telling me all about how Oprah decided to go camping with her friend because "black people don't go camping"

Thoughts? anyone here ever gone camping?

lightless_shado said:
So my mom was telling me all about how Oprah decided to go camping with her friend because "black people don't go camping"

I went camping with my class when I was younger. I wanna do it again.

Lebron

I was a boy scout, so I went camping all the time :p

I went to one of my cousins troops camp outs once, man that stuff was ghetto. My troop was predominantly made up of Caucasians, but his was mostly Black people. Anyway, when you enter the grounds they make you sign a form saying you won't drink, use harmful materials(like Oil), etc. So tell me why these Negroes were having fish fries and drinking till 4am in the mourning blasting music after signing the damn paper? It wasn't even the kids, but the parents and other adults who just came a long to come. Man I never :lol

Tokubetsu

lightless_shado said:

Yes, a couple of times but im not too into the outdoor shit. Though if any of you haven't, go camping on a beach with your girl or even a group of friends at least once in your life.

Lebron said:
I was a boy scout, so I went camping all the time :p

I went to one of my cousins troops camp outs once, man that stuff was ghetto. My troop was predominantly made up of Caucasians, but his was mostly Black people. Anyway, when you enter the grounds they make you sign a form saying you won't drink, use harmful materials(like Oil), etc. So tell me why these Negroes were having fish fries and drinking till 4am in the mourning blasting music after signing the damn paper? It wasn't even the kids, but the parents and other adults who just came a long to come. Man I never :lol

They don't trust kids. They think you'll set the forest on fire or something.

but the image of the adults just drinking and having a good time while the kids are miserable is pretty good:lol

Lebron

They don't trust kids. They think you'll set the forest on fire or something.
Two of the boys got temporary lost and they didn't even realize, hah. We actually went out to go find them. We, as in the kids((I knew them woods pretty well since other troop camped there all the time). Basically, they forgot we were even there. Ever drove through the hood at night where everyone is out and about socializing like it's day time? Yeah, it was basically that, only in the woods. :lol

I've been one some crazy camp outs with my troop, but the fish fry and drank party still takes the cake. I want to go camping with them again now that I'm of age.

Beezy

lightless_shado said:

PD goes camping. I guess Oprah was right.

Black GAF-MAN poll time:

Nicki Minaj, can she get it?
nicki-minaj-your-love-screen.jpg

YES SHE CAN!

I just saw the video for "Love" and I want the last few seconds turned into a gif. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!?!

Top Bottom