• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Lebron

Nothing is scarier than a black man with a thing for redheads.

jb2k5mN07tJ2Hr.jpg

I've been keen on them Reds since grade school. Mmmm

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I thought it was brilliant.

And yeah, Lebron. I remember when I told my my mom that I had a thing for this white girl back in 2nd grade. She gave me the most loving "lol. oh, you" ever.

Yeah she is beautiful

The thing is with red hair, for me it has to be matched with pale skin and blue eyes

I think I've crossed the line though. God damn those white women :/

Nah, there is are rare breed of mulattos born with brownish redish hair, and I want one sooo bad.

Yup, racism in full effect here. :D

akira28

(next time do it during the week, say around 9-ish in the morning, when workingGAF has just gotten to work and had their first cup of coffee.)

it had the potential to bloom, but it was born/gone too soon.

Bleepey

I went out on a date with a white girl the other day, she said black girls are more focused on long term relationships, whilst white girls aren't so against casually hooking up. How have your experiences been with this?

Dabanton

I went out on a date with a white girl the other day, she said black girls are more focused on long term relationships, whilst white girls aren't so against casually hooking up. How have your experiences been with this?

Before i settled down i went on plenty of casual dates with black women and white Women. It was to me dependent on the lady in question. I've have had white woman i've gone out with who wanted to advance things a bit too quickly into full relationship status.

Before i settled down i went on plenty of casual dates with black women and white Women. It was to me dependent on the lady in question. I've have had white woman i've gone out with who wanted to advance things a bit too quickly into full relationship status.

That's just..the dick n/h

Measley

In my experience, potential wives and potential whores come in every shade.

Meanwhile in south africa the president decided to troll all the white people by taking a fourth wife. I stood at the newsstand for 5 minutes watching all the rage faces as they saw the headline, really made my morning :D

rage-face.png

DominoKid

just give em all DA DICK and somebody will like it enough to keep wanting it.

Is it wrong that every time I see a movie like this with that many black people, I think it's a Tyler Perry film? Even the font gives me that feeling. They even got Michael Ealy in those tight-ass shirts

Derwind

Is it wrong that every time I see a movie like this with that many black people, I think it's a Tyler Perry film? Even the font gives me that feeling. They even got Michael Ealy in those tight-ass shirts

I won't lie, I get that feeling too, I tend to distance myself from those movies.

I just find the narratives are usually too cheesy, contrived and a little too cookie cutter.

Question for Black-Gaf mainly directed at those who don't live in the US, but those who do can weigh in on it as well if they like.
Do you get offended by stereotypes attributed to Black Americans directed at yourself?
I've noticed recently that people are surprised that i speak so well, like the music i like, don't dress in the 'gangsta' mold even though the majority of blacks be they African or Indigenous people in Australia don't follow those stereotypes either.

Whenever someone mentions the Chicken or Watermelon thing i'm a bit bemused by it as i dont see how it would be offensive to an Eritrean living in comfortable middle-class in Melbourne who has never ever been to the US but i would understand how it would be to someone who was born and raised in the US.
Even the word nigger to me is unusual, if i was to ever be called that im not really sure how i'd feel. I know how i would feel if i was called a black cunt but nigger i really don't know.

Top Bottom