• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

DominoKid

NOTHING's a bigger turn-off then fucked up teeth. NOTHING.

maaaaaaaan i remember sophomore year we went to my boy's hometown and he had some of his HS fangirls (i think they were juniors) over after we went to their basketball game.

i knew a few of them from eavesdropping in the background of his skype chats so one of the girls was just dying to meet me in person. baaaaaad lil girl and she was throwing it at me. i'm talking a home run bait pitch.
i'm sitting there like "lord this girl gonna get me caught up and im never gonna make it out of this hick town".
so im mostly just chilling, playing it cool, and just humoring her attempts.

at some point she got right in my face and i said some slick shit and she cut the widest smile. i swear i'm not lying when i tell you i jumped back that's how fucked up her grill is. all temptation was gone instantly.

we're driving back to school the next day and my boy asked me "so...i take it didnt go too well w/ you and her? she looked pissed when she left."
i cut him a glare and put my fingers up to my mouth in all kinda crazy directions to mock how janky her teeth were and he fell out laughing

but if she ever got some braces though it'd be over. she would get derailed.

ReiGun

I've had her for the past 2 years now. She's been off limits to everyone but me for a while, sorry duders.

*Sigh* Ms. Spalding has far too many suitors on Gaf. There's only one way to settle this:

MortalKombat1_med1.jpg

Derwind

Isn't that a little too much scrutiny?

Unless we're talking about discolored, Nosferatu, snaggletooth level shit, I really don't see off centered tooth as a huge turn off... *shrug*

I find wide, hanging ears, ugly earlobes and moles or bumps near the mouth or nose as huge turn offs.. but even then its not a strict criteria for who I date...

And I think a mildly crooked grill gives a little character IMHO...

Isn't that a little too much scrutiny?

Unless we're talking about discolored, Nosferatu, snaggletooth level shit, I really don't see off centered tooth as a huge turn off... *shrug*

I find wide, hanging ears, ugly earlobes and moles or bumps near the mouth or nose as huge turn offs.. but even then its not a strict criteria for who I date...

And I think a mildly crooked grill gives a little character IMHO...

I agree with this to the fullest. Some teeth imperfections can slide and can even be cute (excluding a front gap), but moles on the good part of the face and ugly ears...I can't do it. You know what's up.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Honestly, I don't think he even said anything objectionable. It's that a few with a persecution complex felt slighted at his first post and it just went downhill from there. To be fair if I were a Christian I'd probably have a little bit of a persecution complex on gaf as well, but I agree with his first post. Problem is many felt it undermined the thread, but honestly it was a part of the discussion. While I wouldn't be vehemently opposed to having the nativity scene at a courthouse since it doesn't bother me that much, I don't think it's appropriate at all. It is nice though to have a thread about the good religion does, but this thread wasn't the one to champion for that sort of thing since there is a political undercurrent.

I have no sympathy. Like I posted in the other thread, Dookkake ran in there to start shit. His first post in the thread was to argue with shit nobody had even implied, just to be an asshole.

"Here's a feel-good story about people of different beliefs helping each other."
"oh hey that's nice"
"good to hear, kinda sad that it's not the norm"
"THIS HAS NO BEARING ON THE VALIDITY OF THEIR POSITION!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KtYwWsVKU4

By the second page of the thread he was making clear trollish posts.

Imm0rt4l

I have no sympathy. Like I posted in the other thread, Dookkake ran in there to start shit. His first post in the thread was to argue with shit nobody had even implied, just to be an asshole.

"Here's a feel-good story about people of different beliefs helping each other."
"oh hey that's nice"
"good to hear, kinda sad that it's not the norm"
"THIS HAS NO BEARING ON THE VALIDITY OF THEIR POSITION!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KtYwWsVKU4

By the second page of the thread he was making clear trollish posts.

We're going to have to just agree to disagree. The thread wasn't just about religion as it was about politics as well. Was it refreshing? Sure, but it seems to me that everyones mad because the combo breaker that was.

"That's very nice of them, but it has no effect on the validity of their position."

Can you say you truly disagree with that? or that you just don't like that it brings the thread back down to reality? There are tons of stuff that Christians do that are good, and it's unfortunate that the this had to be a story that was seen as 'refreshing' seeing as a great many number of Christians do good all the time. It's real nice, but you can't expect everyone to just gloss over a part of a story that is objectively wrong. Had it not been a nativity scene and instead been the work of a scientologist group who put a statue of a dc-8 being held by an alien named xenu, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

If he was trying to put a spin on say the Christians who were protecting their Muslim brothers in Cairo, then that would be a different story, He would actually have to try and find something to undermine the story. But the subject matter of the thread in question undermines itself.

Anyone have any strange attractions? I kind of think girls with lisps are cute, don't know why...

Hands...

..and white women ;P

So I'm getting my self grooming down to a T since my facial hair is either the size of Rick Ross, or the size of Rick Ross.

I did use a Wahl Sterling 2 but I found the blades never zeroed enough, and I barely looked freshly shaved. SO I was taking a look at the Andis range but was reccomended (and a lot of review also say) that the Wahl Detailer is a lot better.

Also this

4f3704e799f6d_242835n.jpg

It's good at picking up the stray hairs and can go over a full sized beard without cutting it, it just kills the low hairs without irritation. All the people who have used it say its super close, but won't give you bumps.

This shit aint cheap, especially since I have to ship it from the US!

Anyone have any strange attractions? I kind of think girls with lisps are cute, don't know why...

Nothing too weird but I'm a sucker for big, lightly colored eyes.

11350873_ori.jpg

0316-amanda-seyfriend-eyes-pulled_bd.jpg

Redheads. I don't know what it is with me and red hair, but damn do I love it.

You'd love to work in my office then. Redheads aren't really my thing, but there are two I work with that are absolutely freaking stunning. Very beautiful.

Slayven

Jacked up hands turn me off. Nothing hotter then a nice manicure with French tips. None of that freaky ghetto stuff or Asian nail 'art'.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You like dry, ashy lips?
Not around the clock of course. I don't go hunting for chapped lips in the mall or hide my girl's lip balm when she isn't looking - but some cracked lips on the back of my neck... unf

every once in a while

its not a turn off by any means

Top Bottom