• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The black *new* 3DS (Non LL, JPN region) is $170 on Playasia

ryushe

http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-84r9.html

Was looking on Playasia earlier to see if they ever released a Japanese 2DS (I know, I know..) and after finding out that they still haven't, I then noticed that the Japanese version of the black non LL/XL model of the *new* 3DS is on sale for the price listed above.

Remember it is region locked, but only for 3DS games. DS games from any region still work on the system, so there's that. Also, American credit cards work on the eShop as well.

Edit:
Monster Hunter 4 (not ultimate) is also on sale for $15.

kubus

Pretty good deal for Play-Asia standards. I remember when they sold these for $255.

It's currently $177 at Nippon-Yasan, for those who don't want to pay import charges (they mark down the value on the package).

Best option might still be amazon.co.jp ($162) + Tenso though.

edit: oh wait you were actually talking about the normal one, not the XL? Lol. In that case:

Amazon.co.jp: $138
Nippon-Yasan: $150

Syrus

Banned
Any news on US release? Mt son snapped our 3ds in half forcing it shut. The side with cords is okay so it plays but5 dangles

kubus

Greater deal... Too bad Amazon JP doesn't ship to me and I've never heard of the other site.
You can use a forwarding service called Tenso to get things from amazon JP shipped to your address. It sounds like a hassle but it actually isn't. I've already had a couple of things shipped my way using Tenso and I was shocked at how easy, convenient and cheap it was. Some other importers here at GAF also bought their 3DS through amazon + Tenso and were very happy with the speediness of the service.

Nippon-Yasan is actually quite well known and loved by many. Before I discovered the golden Amazon + Tenso combination I imported everything from Nippon-Yasan. They offer things almost at MSRP prices, will mark down the value on your parcel so you won't have to pay import fees and they offer tons of shipping options. Really recommend them! They're definitely not as popular as Play-Asia but their popularity is rising, mainly due to their unbeatable prices.

Don't know if you already bought one or are going to buy a Japanese 3DS, but we have a nice Japanese 3DS Import community going on here in this thread. Stop by if you like! The OP also contains a lot of information about good places to import from and other things to keep in mind when importing, if you want to know more.

ryushe

You can use a forwarding service called Tenso to get things from amazon JP shipped to your address. It sounds like a hassle but it actually isn't. I've already had a couple of things shipped my way using Tenso and I was shocked at how easy, convenient and cheap it was. Some other importers here at GAF also bought their 3DS through amazon + Tenso and were very happy with the speediness of the service.

Nippon-Yasan is actually quite well known and loved by many. Before I discovered the golden Amazon + Tenso combination I imported everything from Nippon-Yasan. They offer things almost at MSRP prices, will mark down the value on your parcel so you won't have to pay import fees and they offer tons of shipping options. Really recommend them! They're definitely not as popular as Play-Asia but their popularity is rising, mainly due to their unbeatable prices.

Don't know if you already bought one or are going to buy a Japanese 3DS, but we have a nice Japanese 3DS Import community going on here in this thread. Stop by if you like! The OP also contains a lot of information about good places to import from and other things to keep in mind when importing, if you want to know more.
Thanks so much for this information. Being ignorant to better deals/ways to import, I did happen to buy the Japanese 3DS earlier from playasia, so that's already done (not that I regret it or anything), but in the future I'll definitely look into the methods you listed above. I do plan on eShoping everything, but if the prices of digital vs physical are that much of a difference, I'll definitely choose the cheapest route.

Also thank you for that |OT|. Took a glance at it and it contained a lot of helpful info. I can tell that'll be my go-to thread in the weeks to come.

I'm just happy I finally get to play E.X. Troppers! :)

This post is reminding me I should send my details to Tenso so they can verify my account.

weak yen is making things too tempting

Top Bottom