• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boys season 4 trailer

Durien

Mother's Milk looks like he snuck into Starlight's Ozempic stash.
Dude, last night my wife and I both said at the same time, "Did they change actors?" And I had to look it up to find it is the same guy. Also in Episode 2 when Starlight is talking to Hughie in the car, check out her mouth. Something just ain't right. She also looks too thin in the face now.

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Dude, last night my wife and I both said at the same time, "Did they change actors?" And I had to look it up to find it is the same guy. Also in Episode 2 when Starlight is talking to Hughie in the car, check out her mouth. Something just ain't right. She also looks too thin in the face now.

I don't know what the actress did to her face but I find her much less attractive compared to previous seasons..

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Laz just shaved his beard off and changed his diet. It's been 2 years since the last season.

ScythD

Plastic surgery or at least Botox.

Shantel VanSanten looks like she hasn't aged a day

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23

I noticed her features were not as soft anymore. She was very noticeable as different looking from the mural art to her appearance.

I liked the first 2 episodes..... I thought the political commentary was a bit more even handed. But they definitely hate the right wing.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m finally catching up. I’m 3/4 through season 3. This show somehow has stayed super good this whole time. The gore is dialed up even more in season 3, which I love lol. It’s like Mortal Kombat levels of disgusting 😂

This is Sister Sage:

ichimaru-gin-bleach.gif

Anyone who has seen Bleach will really understand what I mean.

I didn't like what they did with frenchy and kimiko at all. Feels forced the same reason many shows suck balls.
Not many people remember this moment from last season, but she family-zoned him:

Worse than friend-zoning, because once any woman sees a male friend as family that's a negative 1 chance of relationship.

The writers really did an off screen u-turn on frenchy, feels like I skipped a season or something. Not sure why as he’s worse for it.

“Not the prime” had me laughing, firecracker is a fun character, But the story is becoming the very thing it was trying to parody back in season 1, very obvious Trump bad analogy, and of course the only person who Homelander can’t stand up to is a sassy black woman. Disney would be proud!

jason10mm

Gold Member
Plastic surgery or at least Botox.

Shantel VanSanten looks like she hasn't aged a day
Shantel has always been a stunner. Maybe it's because she seems to prioritize fitness, just has good genetics, or the botox and surgery WORKED for her but failed for so many others, but it's sad that all these young women feel the need to chase some fantasy look and end up ruining themselves in the pursuit of it.

Dr. Claus

Banned

“Anyone who wants to call the show ‘woke’ or whatever, that’s OK. Go watch something else."

Thanks Eric, I will!

Season 1 I felt did a good job at remaining balanced with shitting on the far extremes of both sides. Season 2 went super far into one direction, and 3 cemented that direction. From what I have heard from 4? Nothing has changed and given his statements here, I will not be disappointed for skipping out.

xrnzaaas

With Starlight it's been a contest since season 2 how much worse can she look than last season. I'm glad we're ending with five seasons or I would have to start looking away during her scenes.

And I admit that car scene was very uncomortable when they zoomed in on her for a longer period of time.

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
With Starlight it's been a contest since season 2 how much worse can she look than last season. I'm glad we're ending with five seasons or I would have to start looking away during her scenes.

And I admit that car scene was very uncomortable when they zoomed in on her for a longer period of time.

Agreed there

She looked so much better in the previous seasons. Firecracker on the other hand smoking hot lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is it just me or did Victoria got a massive bump in her power scale? Nothing before the beginning of this season has really shown her directly in peril but damn .. acid on face, bullet to the head, nothing moved her. The acid didn't even singe her hair.

wondermega

I had no idea there was a new season this soon, but saw a billboard the other day "Hmmm.." and then BOOM 3 new eps! So far so good. It feels like it isn't impossible to predict what will happen, but the ride remains enjoyable so far, so keep 'em coming.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The writers really did an off screen u-turn on frenchy, feels like I skipped a season or something. Not sure why as he’s worse for it.

“Not the prime” had me laughing, firecracker is a fun character, But the story is becoming the very thing it was trying to parody back in season 1, very obvious Trump bad analogy, and of course the only person who Homelander can’t stand up to is a sassy black woman. Disney would be proud!

Wait... THAT is sassy to you? Weird...

Is it just me or did Victoria got a massive bump in her power scale? Nothing before the beginning of this season has really shown her directly in peril but damn .. acid on face, bullet to the head, nothing moved her. The acid didn't even singe her hair.

Not really... If you watched Gen V, the girl who has the same powers as Victoria took heat vision DIRECTLY to the chest from Homelander and didn't die. She's pretty hardy... So it stands to reason Victoria would too.

Not really... If you watched Gen V, the girl who has the same powers as Victoria took heat vision DIRECTLY to the chest from Homelander and didn't die. She's pretty hardy... So it stands to reason Victoria would too.
The problem is that we don't have an accurate power scaling from Amazon, so right now with how invulnerable her skin is she seems really strong like other top level supes. We don't know if other supes who aren't at the top level could survive a bullet to the skull. Kimiko definitely can't, but thankfully she can regenerate.

I had no idea there was a new season this soon, but saw a billboard the other day "Hmmm.." and then BOOM 3 new eps! So far so good. It feels like it isn't impossible to predict what will happen, but the ride remains enjoyable so far, so keep 'em coming.
Speaking of this, did Amazon say there would be a seasonal split like Invincible or will this season have all 8 or 10 episodes weekly?

I feel like things are about to ramp up and it would really kill momentum if they stopped at episode 4 or 5.

Paasei

It’s great fun to watch as per usual. Like mentioned before by others, I’m worried nothing will really change/happen with the actual main characters.

HoodWinked

The writing is just so lazy but worse is just how sloppy it is. Just in the intro scene they have this elaborate setup but then just have Homelander show up as Butcher is talking to Ryan. Then you have Victoria show up at the van with Hughie. It's like they had two writers for the scene and couldn't decide on which to go with so they did both. But then nothing happens and so everything was inconsequential anyways.

But then they use gratuitous violence as a crutch in place of any substance.

Although a good thing I can say is, it was a fun surprise to figure out that is the same actress from Detroit Become Human.

nkarafo

Watched the first 3 episodes and i'm out. Most of the scenes are skippable. The new characters are all uninteresting and unlikable. Why the hell would i care about Frencie's new gay thing with the black (of course) dude? Or Hewie's family drama? Also, being smart is a superpower now? That smug black woman (of course) didn't look that smart to me, she looks like how a stupid person thinks smart people are (complete with a mountain of books in her apartment because smart people must read a lot am i right?). Also, the actress who plays Starlight can barely act now with whatever she did to her face and all her scenes are distracting (though, that was also an issue in season 3).

I just hope Homalander snaps and kills everyone.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Sans the very graphic gore which I Iove there's so much continuous density.

FFS the Homelander broken mirror scene.

Fuck I thought there were 4 eps.

Last edited:

Fbh

Not feeling this season so far (saw the first 2 episodes).

Homelander has always been the highlight but now more than ever it feels like every other story thread is boring.
Who cares about Frenchie's random gay love side story, or Butcher going through the same stuff as every season, and Skeleto... I mean Starlight and her boring group?.
The new "smart" bad lady is the worst one yet too, did they outsource her to Disney writers?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Watched the first 3 episodes and i'm out. Most of the scenes are skippable. The new characters are all uninteresting and unlikable. Why the hell would i care about Frencie's new gay thing with the black (of course) dude? Or Hewie's family drama? Also, being smart is a superpower now? That smug black woman (of course) didn't look that smart to me, she looks like how a stupid person thinks smart people are (complete with a mountain of books in her apartment because smart people must read a lot am i right?). Also, the actress who plays Starlight can barely act now with whatever she did to her face and all her scenes are distracting (though, that was also an issue in season 3).

I just hope Homalander snaps and kills everyone.

Colin isn't new. He's the guy who OD'd and the reason Frenchie wasn't there to protect Mallory's grandkids. They show that in, I think, season 2(?)...

Yes, super intelligence is a superpower. In comics and manga.

What's with the "(of course)"?

And how is a smart person supposed to look? Skinny and unattractive or fat and ugly? I'm not understanding what you mean? And... Smart people DO read a lot. It's how they satiate their curiosity. What, you expected her to be on social media constantly? And smugness is a trait of many hyper intelligent people so that's on brand.

I have no good thing to say about Annie so I'll leave that there. *cough*

FeralEcho

The power scaling was already shit since last season....Homelander headpunching and lasering Butcher with not even a scratch to him while at the same time somehow managing to one shot Noir with a gut punch,show turned to shit...It's become a far cry from the amazing Season 1.

Top Bottom