• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bureau: X-COM Declassified |OT| It's all about Taction

e04.jpg

Grimsen

Hm, can't wait to see more reviews. Not in a hurry to buy this, but I really like XCOM, so I'll end up playing it some day.

Sterling is pretty articulate about why he didn't like it. A good read.

I feel like I've kicked a puppy that just wanted to be my friend, but it really was a crap puppy.
sad%2Bpuppy.jpg

'A really crap puppy' would be a better thread title addon than the PR 'it's all about taction'

ouch at jim's review, sounds like this is another stinker that tries to be for everyone but ends up not being for anyone. The AAA curse.

@ Jim (I know you are lurking here) nice review, it's rare to see control/gameplay mechanics detailed in a review or to just see so much meaningful information about a game in a review.
A review which you can base an informed purchase decision on, I didn't think those still existed.

Sober

'A really crap puppy' would be a better thread title addon than the PR 'it's all about taction'

ouch@ jim's review, sounds like this is another stinker that tries to be for everyone but ends up not being for anyone. The AAA curse.
SR4 is the only one making it out alive on Tuesday.

ouch that review is really brutal

hmm I hadnt gotten around to preordering, I need to see more reviews now. I still want to pick up the game at some point as it looks interesting, but its looking like a budget game to me.

ouch@ jim's review, sounds like this is another stinker that tries to be for everyone but ends up not being for anyone. The AAA curse.

@Jim (I know you are lurking here) nice review, it's rare to see control/gameplay mechanics detailed in a review or to just see so much meaningful information about a game in a review.
A review which you can base an informed purchase decision on, I didn't think those still existed.

Original title was a reference to the Giant Bomb quick look, and yes, Jim's summation would have made for a better title. Unfortunately I don't own a time machine, and pardon me for not knowing what Jim's review said when I made this three days ago.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
hmm i wonder if steam will let me take back my pre-order if I go and put it towards something else.

Like Saints Row 4 for example... D:

For anyone who's interested, I'm re-uploading the Destructoid video review, should be done processing in a few at which point I'll update this post and add a reviews section to the OP.
Please don't do that. Not knowing me, you don't owe me a favor, but I'd really rather you not lift our video and it would be really cool for you to not do it.

Original title was a reference to the Giant Bomb quick look, and yes, Jim's summation would have made for a better title. Unfortunately I don't own a time machine, and pardon me for not knowing what Jim's review said when I made this three days ago.

For anyone who's interested, I'm re-uploading the Destructoid video review, should be done processing in a few at which point I'll update this post and add a reviews section to the OP.

Mods have the power to turn back time, it wasn't a suggestion aimed at you:p I just thought it would make for a very funny thread title.

Well, this is a first.

I'll have to go against Jim and still go into this game with a positive outlook! I still think it'll be a fun experience.

Curse you Jim Sterling!
But thank god for you.

Good lord man, you're killing me. Fine, it's gone.
Thanks, that's greatly appreciated.

I know y'all don't owe me clemency for my own stupid error, but I appreciate it! Contrary to what might be suggested, I really plan on that happening. Today has become Butt Clencher Monday now. :)

Oh, and I agree with those saying don't let your optimism die on the basis of my one opinion. I may be an outlier, I sometimes am. Others may have seen something in this that I didn't. By no means can one guy be objectively right!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Removed the part of interview so Jim is not killed.

This always bothered me in the previews (the use of XCOM aliens and other stuff). I'm sure that they would have fared better if they had used their own aliens.

They could have explained it with the story saying that after the battle with these aliens, others took notice and came to try and conquer Earth. Shame. I'll still wait for your impressions, guys.

Also, OP, should've spoiler tagged everything!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
aw drat I didnt even think of that.. sorry man-

Its all good. I got enticed to pre-order due to all that extra shit from the Tier 3 reward lol. Really should have gone with saints row 4 instead. D:

Ah well, heres hoping the game is decent!

Top Bottom