• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrajag

Banned
Well you were suggesting that he shouldn't dump things into the net. Something that all human tennis players are incapable of avoiding.

Yeah, but not something #2 ranked player in the world and 16 time grand slam winner should do every other point.

Just wondering.

Why would you ever challenge a first serve fault like Djokovic did earlier?

If you lose, you lost your challenge.
If you win, you just replay your first serve. So, you didn't gain anything. It's not like you get credited for the ace you woulda had. You just get to redo your first serve instead of it being a second serve. So there is a lot more risk of losing your challenge and you don't gain as much as challenging an out call.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Just wondering.

Why would you ever challenge a first serve fault like Djokovic did earlier?

If you lose, you lost your challenge.
If you win, you just replay your first serve. So, you didn't gain anything. It's not like you get credited for the ace you woulda had. You just get to redo your first serve instead of it being a second serve. So there is a lot more risk of losing your challenge and you don't gain as much as challenging an out call.

If your ace is called out and you challenge, you get the point.

But at least you get another chance to serve and not be down a point.

it was the first serve is what he's saying

so he wouldnt have been down a point

i guess challenges arent so valuable that you have to savor each one since you seem to get plenty enough

bud

i guess challenges arent so valuable that you have to savor each one since you seem to get plenty enough

you could still try to go for an ace, though. you can't really do that on your second serve.

Yeah i was pretty much saying why risk it, when you gain nothing but your "first serve" back again. I'd save my challenges when they call the opponents shot in and i think it's out. Then if i challenge and it actually was out, i actually gain a point.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Damnit, I want to see this. Agonizing to "watch" it thru the app.

Stupid work for blocking vipbox, worked last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom