• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a world where Virginia Wade never existed...

CuuWz.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Which is more disappointing?

-Andy Murray losing out on another major title

or

-Roger Federer watching what could be his last chance at a title disappear.

NZer

Doubles can be great fun at the rec/club level (i.e. my level), but not a fan of watching it at tour level. Pro singles is where it's at.

Timbuktu

Imagine Andy Murray doing what Henman and Rusedski have done and become a commentator when he retires.

No, neither can I.

If he wins, maybe he can going into clothing like Perry, Lacoste and Borg.

And apparently, according to the Wimbledon racket stringer, the Williams are “very horrible people.”

Mr Nolan added: “I didn’t like working with the Williams sisters: they’re very horrible people really. I remember we were raising some money for a kids’ hospice and we would have two T-shirts that we’d get all the players to sign and they were the only two who refused to sign it because they said they had not got enough time.”

Wes

venison crêpe
BBC peak viewing figures guesses? I'm going with 13.3m.

Some context:
13.8m Agassi v Ivanisevic 1992
13.1m Henman v Kratochvil 2002
11.2m saw Federer beat Roddick in 2009
11.4m watched Murray beat Tsonga on Friday

Depends if it goes to four/five sets or not due to the Grand Prix being on the other channel.

bud

Some context:

Depends if it goes to four/five sets or not due to the Grand Prix being on the other channel.

what about federer vs. nadal in 2008?

DemonNite

Some context:

sad to see that Nadal vs Federer Wimbledon 2008 final didn't make the list. Best final ever.

Jensen

Some context:

17-18m peak is my guess, don't expect the average to be as special because of the grand prix.

If it goes to a 5th, 20m might be possible which would be stunning for Wimbledon.

i'm getting really nervous now. this opportunity just seems to good to be true, another wimby with no.1 on the line?

seems like a fanfic i wrote.

Suddenly all the brits on my twitter feed who never watch tennis are oh so excited.

Jeremy Clarkson ‏@jcrclarksonesq
Anyone else hoping it's a good day for Kimi and Roger?

Ricky Gervais ‏@rickygervais
Good luck to Andy Murray. He's British for another few hours then he'll be Scottish again. #UKpress

Heh =P, but they're basically trolls anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom