• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

When I saw the tail end of the Bryan bros. match, I thought that Marray was the weaker of the two, with Nielsen doing all the work. It definitely feels the opposite on this one.

Key game. It's either a win or a break. And if it's a break, I'd be surprised if they win. But then, they're fighters.

mclem

No pressure, Andy, just gotta live up to the guy who's almost got your name :)

Feel really sorry for the losers, given the history.

It's not like they had an easy ride there, either.

Edit: That said, didn't like Lindstedt's reaction. Entirely understandable, but still.

mclem

On the way to the trophy they beat the 9th seeds, the 8th seeds, the 2nd seeds and the 5th seeds. They certainly earned it!

mclem

Nice! At least GB can say there's a slam in

three years in a row now isn't it?

Yeah, to the Bryan Bros. the first two times, I believe. I wonder how they felt when these two knocked their previous nemeses out?

Edit: Correction: Bryan Bros. last year. Melzer/Petzschner in '10.

Timbuktu

Oh ok phew. Gonna stick with this for 30 minutes then, if the Williams sisters take that long. Last time i went to Wimbledon, i saw them in doubles winning with double bagel 6-0 6-0

Saty

It's amazing how good of a sport singles tennis is, and how bad when it's doubles. Where's the fun? Rallies usually end in less than 3 shots and when you've 2 of the players rallying with each other, the 3rd player at the net buts in and smashes the ball for easy point. Very monotonous and unrewarding.

Your best chance is to catch some points with crazy reflex volleys and rapid play.

Lebron

Better player won. She's a horrible person but a truly brilliant athlete. This was an incredible achievement.
hahahaha, tell us more

Glad Serena won. She got kind of lazy in the middle but started regulating when she realized girl was believing she actually stood a chance against the Queen.

szaromir

Banned
It's amazing how good of a sport singles tennis is, and how bad when it's doubles. Where's the fun? Rallies usually end in less than 3 shots and when you've 2 of the players rallying with each other, the 3rd player at the net buts in and smashes the ball for easy point. Very monotonous and unrewarding.

Your best chance is to catch some points with crazy reflex volleys and rapid play.

Well, doubles is almost a completely different game from singles, but it's still great in its own right. Teamwork and pure reflexes are more important and it's cool to watch all those volleys, frequent lunges, dives etc. Singles is mostly baseline grinding.

Saty

Eh, it's tough to watch when the time between points is longer than the rally itself. And bombing each other at the net adds too much of luck to winning the points, as good as the reflex volley skill can be. You more often than not put a racket and hope it lands somewhere in.

But i guess if you to were to watch a doubles match, the final is the one.

mclem

I can't watch it, but I'm assuming they talk about public transportation stopping shortly after 11pm?

Last year I had some fun times trying to get back to Oxford from London after the Zelda Symphony performance (I hung back after the end for signings). Fortunately, I'm fairly familiar with travelling from Oxford to London, so I *did* make it home. At 4AM.

Serena was looking kinda cute today :3

ah too bad she has a new boyfriend named Jehova
LLShC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom