• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revoh

I mean I know there is a roof but why don't they close it. Ok I read the above posts, I still think that's stupid

bionic77

They should just close the roof. This gets so annoying.

Do they not get weather forecasts in England? Close it beforehand if they know it will rain.

Plus Fed is a different player indoors. :)

Wes

venison crêpe
They should just close the roof. This gets so annoying.

Do they not get weather forecasts in England? Close it beforehand if they know it will rain.

Plus Fed is a different player indoors. :)

Nope. Wimbledon is classed as an outdoor tournament. The roof is a last resort. They only start with the roof closed if it's raining at the time.

there is a loot of things the wimbledon organization could do better. but only closing the roof if they really have to isn't one of them.

I'm just happy Murray managed to get to the final, I really didn't expect him to play so well during the first two sets. His confidence looks shot now though.

untitled-5rhkav.gif

That was an awesome drop shot volley

mclem

Roof on!

Rules are strictly that if the roof is closed for a match, it cannot be reopened for the duration of that match.

TrueBlue

Very good match so far, feel that Murray was unfortunate to not win the second set, but that's why Federer is such a grest champion. Murray has done himself proud so far imo.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Fed best indoor player in the world. Going to suit him here except for the crowd being against him.

Someone explains me how having the roof closed does give you an advantage. Is it only psychologic ?

No wind to deal with, makes it much easier to serve and attack. Perfect conditions. It favours attack-minded players like Federer. Obviously Murray isn't half bad indoors either but it will certainly make things harder for him.

Timbuktu

Honestly I think that's part of his jittery play. When was the last time a crowd was totally against him?

They weren't though. The crowd acknowledged his great shots and applauded when he won his set. Maybe for the first time he isn't the crowd favorite, but i think they're fair.

And yeah, i thought that lob was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom