• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
They weren't though. The crowd acknowledged his great shots and applauded when he won his set. Maybe for the first time he isn't the crowd favorite, but i think they're fair.

Ad yeah, i thought that lob was in.

Federer isnt the crowd favorite in a lot of places. Mostly because his play is so consistent and doesnt have a lot of flaws which add personality.

MIMIC

Banned
Which player on the ATP takes the biggest hit when switching from open to closed roof conditions?

This rarely happens in tennis since there are only a couple of tournaments with retractable roofs. I can only think of 2: Centre Court at Wimbledon and Rod Laver Arena at the Australian Open

lucius

Not taking anything away from Murray, but Fed defenitely does not look like he is on today(even for the 30 year old fed) so far. I put money on Murray anyway, I liked the odds I got.

dkeane

So what are we looking at here... another hour break?
I have shit to do. Don't want to go out and then have it start soon.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this murray retrospect makes me so glad he has stopped showing his bicep (at least i don't remember him doing it lately).

MIMIC

Banned
So what are we looking at here... another hour break?
I have shit to do. Don't want to go out and then have it start soon.

They closed the roof, so play will probably resume in about 15 or 20 minutes. Depends on how long it takes to regulate the air in there.

40 minutes at most =p

bionic77

Not taking anything away from Murray, but Fed defenitely does not look like he is on today(even for the 30 year old fed) so far. I put money on Murray anyway, I liked the odds I got.
Not so much Fed being off as Murray being better.

Though Murray got a rain delay at the perfect time.

MIMIC

Banned
Not so much Fed being off as Murray being better.

Though Murray got a rain delay at the perfect time.

I'm not too sure about Murray "seizing" the opportunity of the break. I would say that Fed would have a much greater let down than Murray stepping it up.

Nonetheless, it favors Murray (if I'm right)

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm not too sure about Murray "seizing" the opportunity of the break. I would say that Fed would have a much greater let down than Murray stepping it up.

Nonetheless, it favors Murray (if I'm right)

A closed roof favours Federer but there are a couple of interesting points to consider:

- Federer is undefeated indoors in 12+ months.
- From the various expert opinions I've listened to indoor conditions favour Federer's game more than Murray's because of the reduced atmospheric conditions.
- The rain break came at a point when the momentum was singing in favour of Federer.
- This is now basically a best of 3 set match and historically that favours Murray.

MIMIC

Banned
Chris Fowler: "Federer struggled against Benneteau, a guy that he has dominated."

They've only played 3 times and Benneteau won the last time they played. lol

Oh wow, oh wow. Federer's drop shots are just something else.

Spike_and_Elden.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom